'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'

I’m actually surprised they show that natural gas annual energy costs would be lower than the zealot pushed golden child ‘electricity’. Oh my.

Attachments

• IMG_7891.jpeg
    IMG_7891.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 58

They tolerate this crap less than Brits do. The guy who hit them actually looks ethnically Middle Eastern, but good for him. Of course, "die Polizei" should be doing this, but it's Mannheim. They're probably too busy arresting somebody who said something mean on Twitter.

What the protesters fail to appreciate about some of the grandfathers of their behavior, is that their grandfathers used to be jailed, beaten, sometimes killed for their behaviors.

Todays climate protesters seem to think they should get to pull their little stunts with impunity, and are surprised when they get even a small taste of the grandfather treatment. It will be interesting to see how many of them are so dedicated to climate that they will continue to take beatings for it.

They tolerate this crap less than Brits do. The guy who hit them actually looks ethnically Middle Eastern, but good for him. Of course, "die Polizei" should be doing this, but it's Mannheim. They're probably too busy arresting somebody who said something mean on Twitter.

So you? Oh wait, you're in the UK.

I just think of all the posters on here who explained why nuclear plants were safest most efficient and actually green.
They were and still are right

I just think of all the posters on here who explained why nuclear plants were safest most efficient and actually green.
They were and still are right
I watched Oliver Stone's "Nuclear Now" and the subsequent republicEN (republicEn - Home of the EcoRight) discussion a couple of days ago. Of course Stone takes the position that Climate Change is a fully proven theory and has other lefty comments but he does also address many of the shortcomings of wind and solar. He even points out the flip-flop of Sierra Club and other eco-warriors. (BTW...another reason to hate Jane Fonda) Honestly I think the only reason he and the speaker in the discussion give solar/wind accolades is because they need to soothe the leftist. I am a supporter of wind/solar as far as you can do it onsite/rooftop. I'm not a supporter of these huge farms (especially wind farms).

(561) *WEBINAR RECORDING* Nuclear Now: Screening & Discussion with Nuclear Expert Shannon Bragg-Sitton - YouTube

The SMR (small modular reactor) and microreactor (Oklo) really seem to be the way to go. But whether we go big or small, it is promising that public opinion on nuclear seems to have turned a corner (85% support approximately).

Regardless of popular support, nuclear in the US is no-go until they completely reform and reduce the industry regulations. There is glacial movement but too slow to really help us. Need the government to experience intense metaphorical global warming in their attitude toward nuclear energy.

I've heard that it takes about ten years to build a nuclear power plant - not because of the construction costs or work but because of an exhausting regulatory process. Ridiculous.

I think (hope) that a public that is more favorable to nuclear will also make it easier for the red tape regime to lower barriers to entry. The beauracracy barrier was intentionally built to slow/stop nuclear development based on politics and emotion.

the SMR and microreactors are much less complex so in theory they could be reviewed/approved/deployed much quicker.

I didn't realize this until i watched the film but there were no deaths or even sickness from 3 Mile. There have been a handful of cleanup workers to develop cancer from Fukushima. Otherwise Chernobyl represents like 98% of all the deaths EVER from nuclear energy/power. And almost all of that was from the crappy attempt to hide it from the world and consequently using substandard cleanup processes in their hasty attempt to hide it.

And for those that cite the Coal issue in China....China is also moving much faster than us in nuclear. (China has 55 nuclear power plants with 52 GW in operation, 23 under construction with 22 GW and more than 40 planned with 47 GW1)

There are liquid salt technologies built on multiple feedstocks that pose no safety issues whatsoever. Just one of a million examples of government standing in the way of innovation that helps people and has near zero risk of harming people.

The problem... it's different than what we have today. Thorium itself has reserves into the hundreds and thousands of years. I guarantee Pence, Haley, Scott, Christie, and even Trump wouldn't even consider these options.

Back