'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'

366058381_1925037444536554_6721024604942974486_n.jpg

A climate scientist admits that the alleged scientific "consensus" of climate alarmism is ******** and incentive-driven with government and UN money and attention. Takes balls to admit this.

Judith Curry has been a dissident for years. She stepped down from a professorship because she was receiving so much harrassment from students and faculty. Not sure why she is coming up in the news now. She has been saying the same stuff for years. She is great.

So far They have blamed poor land magagement, oil companies, climate change and there is a class action lawsuit against electric companies for having "energized wires "even after warnings were issued.
Guess we know who they will blame next.

Last edited:
Interesting Headline:
NASA Clocks July 2023 as Hottest Month on Record Ever Since 1880

microsoftteams-image.png

This map shows global temperature anomalies for July 2023 according to the GISTEMP analysis by scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies. Temperature anomalies reflect how July 2023 compared to the average July temperature from 1951-1980.

Credits: NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies

So, following those who say we are killing the earth, we burned up in 1880.

Interesting Headline:
NASA Clocks July 2023 as Hottest Month on Record Ever Since 1880

microsoftteams-image.png

This map shows global temperature anomalies for July 2023 according to the GISTEMP analysis by scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies. Temperature anomalies reflect how July 2023 compared to the average July temperature from 1951-1980.

Credits: NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies

So, following those who say we are killing the earth, we burned up in 1880.
Two things:
1. Note the hotter than avg temps in the Antarctic. This is likely due to higher water vapor in the atmosphere from a massive volcano (see tweet below).
2. It was hotter during the medieval warm period.

I hold this opinion about most of the social problems we face in the US. If not for uncontrolled population growth (illegal immigration) we wouldn't have most of the problems we are facing. Housing affordability --> too many immigrants, poor performing schools --> too many ESL students, stagnant wages --> too many undocumented workers, and on, and on.

So as San Diego and LA prep for the first hurricane in 84 years, can I smile while on the Gulf that maybe global warming is causing this?

I find the "China's doing it" argument very hollow. Yes, they are and yes coal is cheaper....but China is not the economic powerhouse and the challenger/competitor/threat they are because they use coal and we've stopped. Their economic power comes from the fact that we've outsourced so much to them due to labor cost differences. Energy costs are a pretty small part of the cost picture for most goods. About 4% across all sectors. The savings to be had by using coal in US will not make a difference in terms of our competitiveness with China.

I understand that he's saying all of our CC/energy efforts are pointless since China dwarfs us all, but we are also the leaders in Intellectual matters and if there is a technology that will take use away from coal it is going to be found/developed largely by the US.

I find the "China's doing it" argument very hollow. Yes, they are and yes coal is cheaper....but China is not the economic powerhouse and the challenger/competitor/threat they are because they use coal and we've stopped. Their economic power comes from the fact that we've outsourced so much to them due to labor cost differences. Energy costs are a pretty small part of the cost picture for most goods. About 4% across all sectors. The savings to be had by using coal in US will not make a difference in terms of our competitiveness with China.

I understand that he's saying all of our CC/energy efforts are pointless since China dwarfs us all, but we are also the leaders in Intellectual matters and if there is a technology that will take use away from coal it is going to be found/developed largely by the US.
I think the point is that needlessly increasing the cost of power in the US is stupid. Yes, many folks are pushing this, mainly the climate grifters and rent seekers.

The overall cost of energy is going up. That hurts industry. But the biggest problem is intermittency not cost. California has had multiple series of brownouts as they have moved away from FFs. That is now happening to Germany. Right now if you want heavy industry you have to burn stuff for energy. The only alternative isn't ready yet which is nuclear.

Nuclear is plenty ready. The only thing not ready about nuclear is chicken-**** politicians will to deploy it.
Gen 3 reactors are the safest yet. Has all the modern safety features of complex mnfg plants.

Gen 4 needs to be safer since the plan is to disperse them in smaller sizes across the country, like in industrial areas to produce steam, and in areas resistant to mega-nuclear plants.

Gen 3 reactors are the safest yet. Has all the modern safety features of complex mnfg plants.

Gen 4 needs to be safer since the plan is to disperse them in smaller sizes across the country, like in industrial areas to produce steam, and in areas resistant to mega-nuclear plants.
That is the standard line, but how many nuclear ships (with very small reactors) does the US alone have and have had issues? The answers are many and none so the issue is totally political with scare tactics put up by the environmental zealots.

Germany shut down all of their reactors and what happened? They are now short of electricity generating power because the sun doesn't always shine; the wind doesn't always blow; and the environmental zealots don't like coal either.

Nuclear is plenty ready. The only thing not ready about nuclear is chicken-**** politicians will to deploy it.
I agree here. There is an initiative/subsidy being considered in Texas to make cheap loans (3% rate) available to energy providers to build more energy sources. From what i can tell it allows nuke, gas, and coal. I'm not in favor of this being used for gas or coal but I am in favor of the nuke stuff.

Gas and coal would be good too. Then ERCOT would quit warning us of grid failure if we don't shut down our appliances and turn up our thermstats everyday.

Back