'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'

The blonde woman dragging the protester to the side of the road by her ponytail is my new hero.
I also heard (on Fox) that some other climate change people were protesting the meat industry in Germany, and had taken over a cooler/freezer.
The owner of the factory said, "lock them in" and they were locked inside for the entire weekend with no food, water, or bathroom.

They weren't so tough at all after that! Cry babying about having to go to the bathroom on the floor.
We really do need to step things up drastically, before someone gets themselves killed.
We can't just let them walk away with no serious consequence.

Like I've said before, I think the Just Stop Oil people are funded by the fossil fuel industry just to make climate activism look stupid and to sour people on the cause.

? How much would the Fossil fuel people have to pay people to cement themselves to the road?

I'm not sure what they pay, but activism can be a job and even a career. Interest groups will pay for people who do this sort of thing.

I remember being at a counter protest back in 2001 in Dallas for the Exxon Mobil stockholders meeting. We were protesting the protesters. (One of our guys even wore an Alice in Wonderland costume - still not sure what the point of that was, but it looked funny.) I got on friendly terms with one of the protesters, and near the end of the day, he told me the truth. They did believe in their cause, but the main reason they were there was that British Petroleum had paid them to do it.

I would have to say that humans do contribute to the CO2 level. That is empirical. The point is human hydrocarbon use is not the determining factor of CO2 level in the atmosphere.

Alex cleaned up my verbiage. The tweet is much more direct. But I submitted this idea to use for his energy talking points. Cool to see my proposal was useful.

366224521_10161333859143420_7447309195017591769_n.jpg

Listening to Austin's own Robert Bryce, he thinks the wind industry will fall apart at some point due several problems with turbines. Apparently many are falling over now due to the large size and bad engineering. Improving the engineering would take them out of the price range they need. So Timber!!

Listening to Austin's own Robert Bryce, he thinks the wind industry will fall apart at some point due several problems with turbines. Apparently many are falling over now due to the large size and bad engineering. Improving the engineering would take them out of the price range they need. So Timber!!
I thought someone proved that a few years ago. Go to West Texas, Death Valley, central IL and you'll see as many not running or laying on their side waiting for repair as ones that actually work. And I'd like to see the maintenance budget for the ones out in the Atlantic.

The govt push for wind turbines slowed the industries down that depended on normal or expedited turns on galvanized steel. The Corp I worked for 8 years ago suffered cash flow problems because we couldn't get product thru on time. Had to pay late delivery fees often, couldn't pass the cost to the galvanizers because of the circumstances.

When the govt got involved and claimed priority all of a sudden there was a shortage of supply / service for galvanizing steel. Killed us

I thought someone proved that a few years ago. Go to West Texas, Death Valley, central IL and you'll see as many not running or laying on their side waiting for repair as ones that actually work. And I'd like to see the maintenance budget for the ones out in the Atlantic.

The off-shore wind turbines are corroding at an alarming rate. Who knew, apparently not the "experts", that putting steel in the middle of the ocean isn't a good idea.

The govt push for wind turbines slowed the industries down that depended on normal or expedited turns on galvanized steel. The Corp I worked for 8 years ago suffered cash flow problems because we couldn't get product thru on time. Had to pay late delivery fees often, couldn't pass the cost to the galvanizers because of the circumstances.

When the govt got involved and claimed priority all of a sudden there was a shortage of supply / service for galvanizing steel. Killed us

It's almost like resources are scarce and when you designate more of one RM for one product you get less for everything else. In that case we better let the guys who print money and can get away with murder decide which products get priority.

This is the most asinine thing ever. Regardless if direct air capture makes economic sense, why would you shutdown $10b production facilities because of some poor folk who live nearby and who are too dumb to get a job at said production facility? Wouldn’t it be more cost effective just to pay the poor folk to move away? So stupid.

US awards $1.2 billion to Oxy, Climeworks-led carbon air capture hubs — Reuters

Although most environmental activists acknowledge that carbon removal will be needed for global climate targets to be met, they are concerned companies could use carbon removal development to give fossil fuel companies cover to maintain production, especially in minority and low-income areas.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back