Coaching News and Rumors

If UTSA had not screwed over Richard, he had lots of former players as close friends. I imagine his first two calls would be Riley Dodge and Jeff Joseph. Yes, both are really young, but both are very impressive, not to mention close friends.

I think Riley is a bit over-rated.

From the day he left OU I said that he would never win a championship at USC. His program at OU deteriorated from when he took over from Stoops to when he left. His last year in Norman there were at least 4 games they won that they had no business winning. Coming from behind against mediocre competition isn't OU's standard and I'm still convinced that's why he left because he knew the next year would not be good.

From the day he left OU I said that he would never win a championship at USC. His program at OU deteriorated from when he took over from Stoops to when he left. His last year in Norman there were at least 4 games they won that they had no business winning. Coming from behind against mediocre competition isn't OU's standard and I'm still convinced that's why he left because he knew the next year would not be good.
USC looks like one of those 1990s/early 2000s Texas Tech teams -- score around 50 points per game/give up around 50 points per game.

I wonder if that happened after they saw the smoking guns.

I think behind closed doors, both parties agreed they needed to put this behind them. Michigan put on an absolute clinic in sanctimony and denial. The Big 10 proved they can be the boss of you. They needed to do something and Michigan already had other problems earlier in the year. They were starting to look like Draymond Green. A serial violator. At some point something has to be done.

I feel so sorry for Harbaugh. Dude must be the unluckiest HC in the business. Clearly, he knew nothing about anything. Just a victim of circumstances. And of course, a runaway and undisciplined coaching staff over which had no control.

So sad…

And, of course, I applaud the esteemed University of Michigan for backing their head coach. Obviously, they also realize that the media, the NCAA, and the entire world have it wrong. Good for them. Ride that horse…

:yippee:

The fall guy.

He attempted to destroy evidence.
That would have implicated the HC and the school.

Clearly, he knew nothing about anything. Just a victim of circumstances.
The Sargent Schultz response. He had to know.

The school not receiving punishment from the NCAA is unbelievable - the AD had to know, and as we all know, if an officer knows it is assumed all involved knew.

Viper,

This is starting to look like "Dockery/Murray part Dos".

Remember that Jackie skated while Rod got banned for life. What we got out of it was the brother ad sister.

In other news, USA Today has been banned from the Texas a&m campus.

Texas A&M Aggies need to realize there are some things money can't buy

Heh, heh, heh, heh.........:cool::cool::cool:

"Maybe the 12th time is the charm.

History does not always predict the future in college sports, but as the Aggies get ready to do what they do best — recklessly spend money in pursuit of something that can’t really be bought — it's worth remembering something very important about Texas A&M and its relationship to football coaches.

Jimbo Fisher, who was given a $77 million parting gift Sunday after going 27-21 in the Southeastern Conference, was the 11th straight coach at Texas A&M to leave in disappointment."

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

In other news, USA Today has been banned from the Texas a&m campus.

Texas A&M Aggies need to realize there are some things money can't buy

Heh, heh, heh, heh.........:cool::cool::cool:

"Maybe the 12th time is the charm.

History does not always predict the future in college sports, but as the Aggies get ready to do what they do best — recklessly spend money in pursuit of something that can’t really be bought — it's worth remembering something very important about Texas A&M and its relationship to football coaches.

Jimbo Fisher, who was given a $77 million parting gift Sunday after going 27-21 in the Southeastern Conference, was the 11th straight coach at Texas A&M to leave in disappointment."

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
"...the bottom line has been the same: A perfect, 11-for-11 record of coaches trying and failing to fulfill the promise of a program that hasn’t sniffed a national championship since college football was integrated. "

:atm::dumpster:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back