Coaching News and Rumors

81fmCJesv9L._AC_SY606_.jpg

It seems like they're paying an awful lot of $$$$ for very pedestrian results...
(to put it diplomatically)

I dunno. He could be like Snyder or Patterson (or Hayden Fry) and want to build and maintain a solid program in the hinterland, where making any bowl game is considered a good year. Not everyone is gunning to someday coach Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, or Texas.

:ku:

Hey! This Football success is all new to them. Cut them some slack.
They do remind me of their 73% winning record since 1899 in another sport.

Hey man, next year Kansas may rule the conference.
That is absolutely true. Okie lite, KSU tech, (maybe) and ISU will probably rule the leftovers for years.
The rest will be as weak as popcorn fa*ts next year.
CU, if the sanders gang gets it together might jump in the mix.

That is absolutely true. Okie lite, KSU tech, (maybe) and ISU will probably rule the leftovers for years.
The rest will be as weak as popcorn fa*ts next year.
CU, if the sanders gang gets it together might jump in the mix.
Ooops, forgot Utah. Them and KU will be top tier choices each year.

https://footballscoop.com/news/texas-am-to-fire-jimbo-fisher

The decision was initiated during an A&M board of regents meeting on Thursday, following last week's loss to Ole Miss.

More meetings are scheduled for Sunday, and a formal decision could be in place by day's end.

The Jimbo Era at Texas A&M is best known for the massive contracts the Aggies offered to get him to College Station. Fisher signed a fully guaranteed 10-year, $75 million contract upon leaving Florida State, then signed an extension ahead of the 2021 season that kept him under contract through 2031 at $9 million per year, again fully guaranteed. His buyout is believed to be $76 million.

Last edited:
Who makes you uneasy at Aggy? Deon? Yes. I don't like that. Lincoln? He's an offensive genius. If he found the right defensive coach AND had the ability to recruit defensive talent he could be dangerous.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back