Coaching News and Rumors

The Cheeseburgergate scandal is stupid. This sign-stealing scandal is looking pretty serious.

:um:
The Cheeseburger scandal got out of control because Harbaugh/Michigan openly don't care. The sign stealing is bad because its against a rule and because Michigan's excuse is it should not be against the rules and Michigan is so good it doesn't matter. And BIG 10 teams are pissed. My thought is that Michigan should have to announce their plays over the loud speaker and see if it matters.

Now it is coming out that Conner Stallion bought tickets to the Penn State v Ohio State game on both sides. Apparently Michigan is playing both teams, so he scouted both presumptively with help. And apparently, the Big Ten schools ran searches and found he had bought tickets for many games. And apparently, he bought these tickets on a 55k a year salary which seems unlikely that a financier wasn't involved and he was just a rogue. So no one knows who paid for the tickets, the persons who taped it or related travel arrangements. Conner Stallion is allegedly standing next to Harbaugh during games with multiple laminated sheets of opposing team's call signs.

Just me, but they probably violated significant Federal Copyright laws if the videos were "sold" to anyone, including Michigan coaches. If that was his job or if others received compensation... well, just embarrassing.

I really think coaches should be able to scout, even signs, but this mess and the way Michigan is handling it is not helping. Either way, Michigan is embarrassing itself.

throw the book at those guys. how about taking away twenty victories and limiting scholarships for the next three years.
I don't see Michigan being punished immediately as much as the coaching staff. This is far bigger than Burgers and tattoos. My guess is that these signs only had value to the guys calling plays and I do not believe any of them would take the advice of a 55k a year consultant without explanation. Same for the financer part of this equation. Killing the consultant leaves a lot of unanswered information that the smart guys up north can figure out. The fact that other Big ten schools are reviewing ticket sales and surveillance cameras will reveal many more issues. Michigan fans are already backing up the excuse train but the head coach and his coordinators have no legit excuse. My guess is they are done. If Michigan fights or hides, it will cost them even more. They can fire the persons responsible now or the team will face additional sanctions. Ashamed because this is a good team but the BIG Ten schools have a lot at stake. Maybe the college polls will just revise their standing based on three years of cheating? (or make M call their plays on the loud speakers).

I don't see Michigan being punished immediately as much as the coaching staff. This is far bigger than Burgers and tattoos. My guess is that these signs only had value to the guys calling plays and I do not believe any of them would take the advice of a 55k a year consultant without explanation. Same for the financer part of this equation. Killing the consultant leaves a lot of unanswered information that the smart guys up north can figure out. The fact that other Big ten schools are reviewing ticket sales and surveillance cameras will reveal many more issues. Michigan fans are already backing up the excuse train but the head coach and his coordinators have no legit excuse. My guess is they are done. If Michigan fights or hides, it will cost them even more. They can fire the persons responsible now or the team will face additional sanctions. Ashamed because this is a good team but the BIG Ten schools have a lot at stake. Maybe the college polls will just revise their standing based on three years of cheating? (or make M call their plays on the loud speakers).
Big Blue has a couple of things going for them regarding any potential punishment.

- As far as top-of-the-line blue blood programs, they've been one of the cleanest over the decades and have a good reputation;

- They're Michigan, Big Blue; this ain't SMU; no big-time punishment for the likes of Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, and........................Texas.

Wonder if there is more to the story on Lincoln Riley missing the last 2 days of practice and now getting clearance from the NCAA to make Kliff a coach. Seems fishy

If Harbaugh is out, or other severe sanctions, I would like to think in same way it would benefit Texas. But I don't think it would. It would mostly benefit osu, and they certainly don't need any help.

While he definitely has zero fucks left to give, it was kind of a "meh" call out. Just something along the lines of "come cheer us on if you want to support us." UNC was on fall break last week, but anyone with half a brain and functioning vision could tell that student support wasn't why they lost to UVA.
Add to that my one experience with UNC when we played w Mack is that UNC fans know nothing about football and are not loud even when they are there and playing a former coach. The Texas fans were so loud in UNC that the police told us to sit down and strop waiving Texas flags! then the sheriff surrounded the field during the rest of the game in a show of force. Ridiculous stuff.

I believe that this was the first series of the game. Watch the tOSU team AND the MICH sideline look at the tOSU sideline for calls and then respond. That's damning.

Connor Stalions on sidelines of 2022 Ohio State-Michigan game | 10tv.com

Also, what's on that laminated card?
F9KmhoEWAAAaCJK

I am still trying to understand why any coach or even staff at Michigan would participate in this? It isn't like they didn't have resources to legitimately win. Their history proves otherwise.
Why resort to this?

This entire thing is so totally ridiculous. Ohio State complaining about Michigan cheating is beyond laughable. Are there any two programs that combined can get close to Ohio State? I was trying to draw an analogy, but keep coming back to a teacup compared to a million barrel salt dome cavern in Mount Belvieu.

Bubba, tread lightly on this thread, there are some of us old enough to remember Larry Lacewell, the way the media ridiculed DKR, and the toothless apology years later. It did, however, provide college fans the single greatest one game coaching job in the history of college football.

This entire thing is so totally ridiculous. Ohio State complaining about Michigan cheating is beyond laughable. Are there any two programs that combined can get close to Ohio State? I was trying to draw an analogy, but keep coming back to a teacup compared to a million barrel salt dome cavern in Mount Belvieu.

Bubba, tread lightly on this thread, there are some of us old enough to remember Larry Lacewell, the way the media ridiculed DKR, and the toothless apology years later. It did, however, provide college fans the single greatest one game coaching job in the history of college football.
I believe that this is the whole Big1G playing their spade cards against Harbaugh. They will be providing as much information (ticket info, security camera, etc.) as they can.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back