Coaching News and Rumors

Auburn makes A&M look like Ivy League when it comes to alumni interference and stupidity. Has A&M ever had anything as embarrassing as the Buster Brown debacle or the Tommy Tuberville embarrassment. To my knowledge Bum Bright, David Eller, Ross Margraves et al NEVER embarrassed their family by hanging a daughter out to dry by publicly admitting she had an affair with the married HC, which daddy used as an excuse to fire the HC.

Auburn makes A&M look like Ivy League when it comes to alumni interference and stupidity. Has A&M ever had anything as embarrassing as the Buster Brown debacle or the Tommy Tuberville embarrassment. To my knowledge Bum Bright, David Eller, Ross Margraves et al NEVER embarrassed their family by hanging a daughter out to dry by publicly admitting she had an affair with the married HC, which daddy used as an excuse to fire the HC.
Lets see...Texas a&m aggy vs Alabama aggy...which is more stupid? I'd say flip a coin.

:auburn:
National Championships......2
Heisman Trophy Winners....3
SEC Championships...............8
All time winning %..................0.625 (17th)
All time Bowl record..............24-19-2
Top programs all-time (SI)...#14

:atm:
National Championships......1
Heisman Trophy Winners....2
SEC Championships...............0
All time winning %..................0.603 (25th)
All time Bowl record..............20-23
Top programs all-time (SI)...#21

College football rankings: The AP Top 25 Poll's greatest programs ever

Chop,

Nice article and well presented, BUT it gives no attention to little things like ALUMNI DISTRUCTION - see the Haslem family at Tennessee; Bum Bright, et al at aTm; the "dirty dozen" at SMU; and of course the "sell out your offspring at Auburn for starters

:auburn:
National Championships......2
Heisman Trophy Winners....3
SEC Championships...............8
All time winning %..................0.625 (17th)
All time Bowl record..............24-19-2
Top programs all-time (SI)...#14

:atm:
National Championships......1
Heisman Trophy Winners....2
SEC Championships...............0
All time winning %..................0.603 (25th)
All time Bowl record..............20-23
Top programs all-time (SI)...#21

College football rankings: The AP Top 25 Poll's greatest programs ever

I do think it's fair to say aggy has 17 SWC conference titles and 1 Big 12.

Al Golden is a perfect match for BC - a nowhere coach for a nowhere school. He can't coach his way outa a wet paper bag, but at BC who cares?

It's pretty much a lateral move. He will do the same thing there that he did here. The title is just different. It's really strange that it's happening without Texas battling for him. Maybe we were okay with him going

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back