Coaching News and Rumors

To me this is significant news from a number of perspectives. Probably the most important is that it is a commentary on NIL and the portal, in my opinion. I strongly suspect that Kelly, along with many other coaches, just doesn’t want to mess with that situation anymore. Particularly at a disadvantaged school like (surprisingly) UCLA.

The other reason could be that he was an annoyed by the rumor mill a couple of months ago that he was going to be replaced. So he beat them to it.

To me this is significant news from a number of perspectives. Probably the most important is that it is a commentary on NIL and the portal, in my opinion. I strongly suspect that Kelly, along with many other coaches, just doesn’t want to mess with that situation anymore. Particularly at a disadvantaged school like (surprisingly) UCLA.

The other reason could be that he was an annoyed by the rumor mill a couple of months ago that he was going to be replaced. So he beat them to it.
Significant and very strange news. Most guys fight like hell to get a P4 HC job. And he walked away to become a coordinator. That has to be extremely rare, recruiting disadvantage or not. Beating them to the punch or not. He left HC money, which no one is keen to do. Ever. He left prestige and being the boss to being a follower, which no one is keen to do. Ever.

I’m checking out Gabriel & Grayson Murphy, both junior DTs at UCLA. From Dallas. I believe that both were honorable mention all PAC 12 last season. And Nansen, our new LB coach, had been on the UCLA staff.

Interesting?

I’m checking out Gabriel & Grayson Murphy, both junior DTs at UCLA. From Dallas. I believe that both were honorable mention all PAC 12 last season. And Nansen, our new LB coach, had been on the UCLA staff.

Interesting?
Don’t they give HM to basically every decent performing senior? Seems that way anyhow.

Interesting?

If they hit the portal in April we'll see. But honestly don't see us making a move here. The staff will be looking for bigger fish.

My understanding is Fleck has already turned UCLA down. If they hire Shaw, there will be huge celebrations at Rugers, UMd, Indiana, & Northwestern, not to mention people betting that Iowa can break 25 points in a game.

Interesting?

Thought they're going NFL?

He left HC money, which no one is keen to do. Ever. He left prestige and being the boss to being a follower, which no one is keen to do. Ever.
Until they are. I suspect he is in pretty good shape financially and may prefer fewer demands on his time and energy. Quality of life thing, maybe.

Just anecdotally, a decade ago I left a good paying corporate gig to do something that paid far less, but when I got up in the morning I looked forward to my day. I had not had that feeling in years. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

I lived in Long Beach for two years. Admittedly, not Brentwood. Quality of life, taxes, and cost of living do matter. Money starts equalizing and traffic is a joke more hassle. I would personally put a 40%-ish equalizer factor. A chance to win somehing is a plus for non ‘fornians.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
Until they are. I suspect he is in pretty good shape financially and may prefer fewer demands on his time and energy. Quality of life thing, maybe.

Just anecdotally, a decade ago I left a good paying corporate gig to do something that paid far less, but when I got up in the morning I looked forward to my day. I had not had that feeling in years. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
Great decision to leave the corporate world to run Hornfans.:cow: It is a calling.

I did the same thing Dion. I saw the future for me in the corporate world and decided I it wasn't for me, negotiated a good packsge, and set off to do my thing. Since then I have done things that have improved me as a person and got to do research that I could not have done in the corporate world.

Plus I do not have to justify being on HornFans all day.

I lived in Long Beach for two years. Admittedly, not Brentwood. Quality of life, taxes, and cost of living do matter. Money starts equalizing and traffic is a joke more hassle. I would personally put a 40%-ish equalizer factor. A chance to win somehing is a plus for non ‘fornians.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
Great decision to leave the corporate world to run Hornfans.:cow: It is a calling.

Winner, winner.

I did the same thing Dion. I saw the future for me in the corporate world and decided I it wasn't for me, negotiated a good packsge, and set off to do my thing. Since then I have done things that have improved me as a person and got to do research that I could not have done in the corporate world.

Plus I do not have to justify being on HornFans all day.

Become an airline pilot. Best part time job ever.

Recent Threads

Back