Coaching News and Rumors

Hope it happens, if only to watch and enjoy the coaching chain reaction it causes. If he takes the job — and it is true that Michigan would go after the chameleon, Brian Kelly, our DT concerns could be addressed quite quickly. (And how might that affect Bo Davis, if at all.)

IT mentioned this morning they'd be surprised if the new DL coach is not Rod Wright.

With the Houston Texans eliminated from the playoffs, you'd think that announcement happens this week.

Guess there is still some questions.
Surely a contract issue, or they are waiting for Bo to come back.

Hope it happens, if only to watch and enjoy the coaching chain reaction it causes. If he takes the job — and it is true that Michigan would go after the chameleon, Brian Kelly, our DT concerns could be addressed quite quickly. (And how might that affect Bo Davis, if at all.)
I would love to see LSU get ****** over. Seeing Bama, Aggy, OU, and LSU have coaching changes just points to Texas and Georgia dominating for next 3 years.

Last edited:

Looks like Wright is about to be promoted. The search continues.

Yes he’s about to be promoted either way. Do the Texans pay more than Texas? If so, and it’s relatively close, then surely we can make up the difference. So what’s the hold up? Does he want to be here?

Harbaugh has a massive ego. My assumption is that he won’t be satisfied until he wins a Super Bowl. And, he will rarely have the kinds of opportunities that are available right now in the NFL. The possibility of taking a team that has been underachieving for decades, the Chargers, and win the big prize with them has to appeal to him.

Sure sounds like Harbaugh to the Chargers is about to happen. If it happens, the fallout will be fun to watch. I’ll take a DL from Michigan…

or LSU…?

or Mississippi…?

Last edited:
Dicker and Tucker should do a bit together.
Isn’t or wasn’t Tucker’s nickname just Tuck? So I like that..it’s short, strong and succinct. It’s much better than Dicker the Kicker, which takes way too long to say. Anyway I can see why you altogether cannot right properly shorten it.

Last edited:
Isn’t or wasn’t Tuckers nickname just Tuck? So I like that..it’s short, strong and succinct. It’s much better than Dicker the Kicker, which takes way too long to say. Anyway I can see why you altogether cannot right properly shorten it.

Dick and Tuck does have a ring to it.... or Dick Tuck? :smile1:

Interesting. All of the recent UM drama.....

JH leaving. MANY of the starters graduating, some leaving for the NFL or heading for the portal due to coaching change, etc.

Horns @ UM Ann Arbor in the Big House early Sept. Game 2 in the season for both teams next fall.

Looks like the Horns caught Mich. during a very vulnerable period... we will see.

Dick and Tuck does have a ring to it.... or Dick Tuck? :smile1:
Since Tucker is the better, not to mention at all, the senior. It certainly must follow that they would most likely name their bit…Tuck n Dick. Although on the other hand, no man could ever be called unreasonable for proposing that they call themselves Dick n Tuck. And it’s very unlikely, but in these calamitous times we live in, who knows, having now reached, at this point in time of all human history, the very pinnacle of idoitcracy, that perhaps they’ll go by…Tuck n Penix

Last edited:
Interesting. All of the recent UM drama.....

JH leaving. MANY of the starters graduating, some leaving for the NFL or heading for the portal due to coaching change, etc.

Horns @ UM Ann Arbor in the Big House early Sept. Game 2 in the season for both teams next fall.

Looks like the Horns caught Mich. during a very vulnerable period... we will see.
Michigan is one of about a half dozen teams that I would never, ever overlook, no matter their apparent current situation. The Michigan I’ve known from afar for the last 30+yrs will show up with at least a serviceable qb, a good to very good rb, at least one good to very good wr, an NFL caliber TE, and five absolute maulers on the offensive line ready to fight all day.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back