Coaching News and Rumors

Well, that's one competitor away from the final two. How bad is Bill O'Brine? I'd rather have Akina on our staff than O'Brine around in any capacity.

Well, that's one competitor away from the final two. How bad is Bill O'Brine? I'd rather have Akina on our staff than O'Brine around in any capacity.
Ok. I thought Akina was part of the best DB room we ever had, and possibly one of the best in college football history. What did he do wrong?

If Harbaugh leaves and Kelly backfills at Michigan and the next guy backfills for Kelly it’s like Saban leaving Alabama all over again. I know coaching stability is important, but this off season could it ever be more important? It could be like free agency without a cap for us. Think of all of the LSU talent we can get (not sure we would have much opportunity to sway the Michigan players to us). I trust that Sark will strike again if the opportunity arises.
Can we though? We still have scholarship limits, which will limit how many more portal players we can woo.

Can we though? We still have scholarship limits, which will limit how many more portal players we can woo.
You’re right. Plus, we can’t just take LSU’s starters and make them our backups. They wouldn’t agree to that anyway. But we could poach a couple of their best players at our positions of need and get better. Hopefully that happens.

You’re right. Plus, we can’t just take LSU’s starters and make them our backups. They wouldn’t agree to that anyway. But we could poach a couple of their best players at our positions of need and get better. Hopefully that happens.
I think the numbers will work themselves out. My understanding is that we don’t have to get to the 85 player limit until late summer. If we bring in 90, it’s a pretty good bet that a few of the players will see the handwriting on the wall and transfer. That basically happened with Catalon, J. Thompson, Cain and Crawford already. It will happen again after the spring.

I think the numbers will work themselves out. My understanding is that we don’t have to get to the 85 player limit until late summer. If we bring in 90, it’s a pretty good bet that a few of the players will see the handwriting on the wall and transfer. That basically happened with Catalon, J. Thompson, Cain and Crawford already. It will happen again after the spring.
If NIL money is that good, why do they need to be on scholarship? Didn't Ricky use his baseball money for school?

Cedric Benson is another among multiple that had his education paid for. Any player pursuing football, but who signed with MLB has his education picked up by MLB. Not all agents are smart enough to know, but MOST contracts (at least the ones negotiated by quality agents) contain an "education clause", which says if the player does not graduate before signing with MLB, the team must pay for the player to finish his education.

Funny story about one of our players and that clause which I'll share at a later date. Stay tuned Ranger fans.

Fk him. He runs off players for 'not being good enough '. Coaches are now saying the same thing about you as a coach. You're a basement dwelling HC. Own it or win something.
I would give your comments multiple stars if I could.

Prime is a self-absorbed lowlife, and his behavior sends a terrible message to players. Of course, he is adored by the media, but for only one reason. He generates revenue for them.

Fk him. He runs off players for 'not being good enough '. Coaches are now saying the same thing about you as a coach. You're a basement dwelling HC. Own it or win something.
I have to respectfully disagree. Doesn’t every coach “run off” players for not being good enough? I’d be surprised if Sark doesn’t do the same thing. Perhaps he’s a bit kinder and tactful about it, but in the days of one year scholarships, he’s not doing his job if he’s allowing non-productive players to eat up scholarships.

Only time will tell if Coach prime is worth the attention he gets. I’d say it’s way too early to make a judgement on that. Attacking his coaching ability because you don’t like him personally is not a valid argument.

I have to respectfully disagree. Doesn’t every coach “run off” players for not being good enough? I’d be surprised if Sark doesn’t do the same thing. Perhaps he’s a bit kinder and tactful about it, but in the days of one year scholarships, he’s not doing his job if he’s allowing non-productive players to eat up scholarships.

Only time will tell if Coach prime is worth the attention he gets. I’d say it’s way too early to make a judgement on that. Attacking his coaching ability because you don’t like him personally is not a valid argument.

Don't like him personally? I've never met him.

He took over a last place team, turned them into a last place team

"You are what you are". Chosen players included

Doesn’t every coach “run off” players for not being good enough? I’d be surprised if Sark doesn’t do the same thing. Perhaps he’s a bit kinder and tactful about it, but in the days of one year scholarships, he’s not doing his job if he’s allowing non-productive players to eat up scholarships.
According to some of the players who have been interviewed, the disdain and disrespect that was exhibited by Prime when dismissing players – to replace them with “better players” – was not an endorsement of his character.

According to some of the players who have been interviewed, the disdain and disrespect that was exhibited by Prime when dismissing players – to replace them with “better players” – was not an endorsement of his character.
That was the impression that I got.

That was the impression that I got.
Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t the guy’s entire coaching career - at every stop - been centered around his son? That smacks of some kind of crazy, extended youth sports daddy ball type of situation. I basically stopped watching on I think week 2 when the Colorado State QB looked just as good as the son for the entire game.

Fair enough. If that is indeed the case then his act will be exposed in the next year or two. I admit I am still a fan of his but he does have to prove it at this level vs what he did at Jackson State

Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t the guy’s entire coaching career - at every stop - been centered around his son? That smacks of some kind of crazy, extended youth sports daddy ball type of situation. I basically stopped watching on I think week 2 when the Colorado State QB looked just as good as the son for the entire game.
I believe you are correct.

I have to respectfully disagree. Doesn’t every coach “run off” players for not being good enough?

I'm not sure where the line is between telling players they will probably never see the field so they leave and Prime sitting them down and pulling their scholarships which he did. I'm certain there's a mixture of both at almost every school.

My problem is Prime yanking scholarships from about 70% of the team and then when that backfired hes complaining about commitment from those who he wanted yet they chose to leave or not come. He hates NIL because Colorado doesn't have the $$ to compete yet if they had the money he would 100% support it because that bling image is what he's all about.

He's a two faced piece of arrogant garbage.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back