Coaching News and Rumors

Just tell me you want to rain on my parade, but if this is true, I have a special bottle of Cakebread Rubayat I may sit down tonight and celebrate with.

Heard on the radio that Akina may not be coming to Texas. He wants an on the field job and not an analyst role. Seems he may be getting some coordinator offers which means Texas is unlikely.

Deion is complaining about things that our coaches have faced for years. If you can’t stand the flak, get out or over it.
As far as the few Cowboys fans here complaining about their yearly failures, nothing will change there until the current owner family is replaced. I left Dallas in my dust years ago. My advice to any paying fan still there is to bolt also as long as the Jones gang is in charge. Just accept reality my friends.

That was my first thought.
If Harbaugh leaves and Kelly backfills at Michigan and the next guy backfills for Kelly it’s like Saban leaving Alabama all over again. I know coaching stability is important, but this off season could it ever be more important? It could be like free agency without a cap for us. Think of all of the LSU talent we can get (not sure we would have much opportunity to sway the Michigan players to us). I trust that Sark will strike again if the opportunity arises.

It's fun to watch the drama around the Cowboys humbling playoff exit and the entitled cry of Cowboys fans that we deserve better. Prescott and McCarthy being vilified like they performed no better than Quincy Carter and Dave Campo.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back