Coaching News and Rumors

Alabama's Next Head Coach Odds:

Dan Lanning +300

Dabo Swinney +350

Mike Norvell +450

James Franklin +650

Lane Kiffin +700

Kalen DeBoer +1500

Saban is going to have a big say in who replaces him.... Sark is on that short list
and after what happened this year Sark is most likely on the list

Saban is going to have a big say in who replaces him.... Sark is on that short list
and after what happened this year Sark is most likely on the list
Just heard on a IT podcast that Pete Thamel, who's described as "plugged in", says Sarkisian is not on the short list.

Dan Lanning +300

Dabo Swinney +350

Mike Norvell +450

James Franklin +650

Lane Kiffin +700

Kalen DeBoer +1500
I remember just a few weeks ago when aggy thought they could get some of the names on this list if they wanted them. Instead they pulled another retread from their incestuous family tree. If Bama grabs lanning, Norvell or deboer it will be quite hysterical :lmao:

On bama sports radio they said it was a two man race with Lanny & Stark
They didn't feel Alabama could win a biding war with the Ducks
So read into that what you want...I think it will end up Lanny or Washington coach

I have the good fortune to know two of Bama's deepest pockets and the two guys that brought Saban to Tuscaloosa. They are not flashy people but are very image conscience. They do not want Alabama to be "outbid" or "turned down" by a peer; hence, they will test the water before revealing anything including to close friends, all of whom would never violate that confidence. Problem is that they are working under a microscope now - way too many prying eyes. Joke is that they may both rent out their jets to fly around the country and have some fun with FlightAware.

On bama sports radio they said it was a two man race with Lanny & Stark
They didn't feel Alabama could win a biding war with the Ducks
So read into that what you want...I think it will end up Lanny or Washington coach
Lanning has the same issue Sark has in that he has already started "his" program. Whether its 1 yr or 3 yrs its still not the pressure cooker that following Saban would be. Believe both will stay put and probably get a bump in salary to boot!!!

Somebody needs to infuse CDC’s Wheaties with some urgency. It is reconfirmed that Saban strongly, STRONGLY, recommends Sark for his replacement. Jeez, what a time to adopt the ‘hard to get’ BS. Absent some reincarnation of the Bear, Bama can afford to just hire the best coach. They don’t need the flash that some middlers, aTm, might need. Hard for UT followers to believe, U of A has some administrative people intelligent enough to listen to the experts. Come on CDC get right and fast.

Start wit $$$$. No small premium for getting out from under a hyper charged, hypo knowledge fan base blasting every loss. Gets to be a grind.

Lanning has the same issue Sark has in that he has already started "his" program. Whether its 1 yr or 3 yrs its still not the pressure cooker that following Saban would be. Believe both will stay put and probably get a bump in salary to boot!!!
I figure we got our answer on Sark staying at Texas when Quinn made his announcement on coming back to lead the Horns.
Just my 2 cents.

Somebody needs to infuse CDC’s Wheaties with some urgency. It is reconfirmed that Saban strongly, STRONGLY, recommends Sark for his replacement. Jeez, what a time to adopt the ‘hard to get’ BS. Absent some reincarnation of the Bear, Bama can afford to just hire the best coach. They don’t need the flash that some middlers, aTm, might need. Hard for UT followers to believe, U of A has some administrative people intelligent enough to listen to the experts. Come on CDC get right and fast.
CDC is no dummy. I have no doubt that he knows what he’s doing, If there is a battle with Alabama and it’s about money — and we want to win, I expect that we will.

??
do you actually think Bama fans are Less demanding that Texas Fans?
Seriously do you really think that?
I remember hearing Alabama fans bitching about Saban after we best them in September. He needs to retire, he has lost touch with the evolving game, etc. Unreal. Just like some Texas “fans” I know.

Dan Lanning +300

Dabo Swinney +350

Mike Norvell +450

James Franklin +650

Lane Kiffin +700

Kalen DeBoer +1500
You know sports has gotten too ob

Dan Lanning +300

Dabo Swinney +350

Mike Norvell +450

James Franklin +650

Lane Kiffin +700

Kalen DeBoer +1500
You know sports has gotten out of hand when betting odds are set for a college coach replacement.
The days of promoting within and team loyalty are long gone.lol

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back