Coaching News and Rumors

I remember hearing Alabama fans bitching about Saban after we best them in September. He needs to retire, he has lost touch with the evolving game, etc. Unreal. Just like some Texas “fans” I know.
When I got to UT in the early-mid 70's I was dumbfounded to hear the exact same things said about St. Darryl. There were also Letters to the Editor in the UD practically every day saying the game had passed him by & he needed to go.

When I got to UT in the early-mid 70's I was dumbfounded to hear the exact same things said about St. Darryl. There were also Letters to the Editor in the UD practically every day saying the game had passed him by & he needed to go.
As a kid in the 60’s I remember hearing this same kind of BS from “fans” about coach Royal.

On Sark.
Money was unlikely to be the determining factor. It really comes down to what Sark wants, so if his heart was in Tuscaloosa then there wasn't anything CDC could have done to keep him.

Bobby Burton mentioned Roach, Orgeron, and Z. Fitch when talking DL coaches today.
And Okam, Wright. Didn’t know, but apparently Okam has been very effective at multiple stops. His biggest fan is his former roommate, Drew Kelson.

Personally I think that Oregon would be a massive get. Very effective as a DL coach, coached with Sark, and many say that he is one of the best recruiters in the business. That kids cannot say no to him. Would he take it? I’m guessing that he might.

Consider this from a recruiting standpoint:

Sark + Nansen for CA and the West.
Choice for FL
Can you imagine Ogeron for LA and SEC country? Talk about an unfair advantage.

Finally, while no one is questioning that Bo was an excellent DL, he didn’t recruit star players like Sweat, Murphy or Collins. We’re losing a very good coach, but we should be just fine.

"Deeg en deepa dar! Fyah owt et de snap! Sawimm tru dem Blockaz! Yooz de sawimm moove! Yooz de spinna moove!"

"Jus ley down on de graz like ye hut ef yo tide en wanna res. Day can letttim snap de ball til yo uppin at em."

ed-orgeron.jpg

The Unleash Earl Movement was a big part of dissatisfaction with Royal. He used him as a Fullback.

Welp. If he's hired, he would be hired as a Defensive Coach, not an English Professor. We should let Big Ed teach just one public speaking class (to throw a monkey wrench in the matrix).

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back