Coaching News and Rumors

cnb
The whole LSU defensive staff is gone?
Maybe that would make it attractive since he could build his own staff

He would be a DL coach. Not a coordinator. He has never espoused any interest in a coordinator role.

cnb
So it would lateral but gets him back at his school.
in your opinion would he move laterally?

He has been a DL coach his entire career. They all have been lateral moves. From bama here then back to bama and most recently from Jacksonville.

Last edited:
I have to wonder what role if any Nansen will have in scheming the defense. Hopefully an active role.

To state the obvious, our pass D left plenty to be desired. I was particularly underwhelmed by our lack of creativity in the Sugar Bowl. Based on what I watched, and a number of subsequent analyses I have seen, it seems as though PK didn’t or was unable to think outside the box. Blitzing Hill up the congested middle against a stellar OL is probably not going to work, and it didn’t. Telegraphing a star blitz when there is a TE right there to block Barron didn’t work either. Did we disguise anything? (I’m asking because I don’t know.)

What might work — or might have worked — are unconventional schemes and blitz packages. If the OL is unable to determine where the pressure is coming from, they may struggle to handle it.

Like I said, hopefully Nansen’s role will be bigger than it appears on the surface.

Nansen should look for a top level LB in the portal. Our starters’ quality at LB is good, but our proven quality LB depth remains thinner than a Tokyo runway model.

Nansen should look for a top level LB in the portal. Our starters’ quality at LB is good, but our proven quality LB depth remains thinner than a Tokyo runway model.
What about the Hawaiian who hits like a wave of lava but has moves faster than hula girl’s hips?

I have to wonder what role if any Nansen will have in scheming the defense. Hopefully an active role.

To state the obvious, our pass D left plenty to be desired. I was particularly underwhelmed by our lack of creativity in the Sugar Bowl. Based on what I watched, and a number of subsequent analyses I have seen, it seems as though PK didn’t or was unable to think outside the box. Blitzing Hill up the congested middle against a stellar OL is probably not going to work, and it didn’t. Telegraphing a star blitz when there is a TE right there to block Barron didn’t work either. Did we disguise anything? (I’m asking because I don’t know.)

What might work — or might have worked — are unconventional schemes and blitz packages. If the OL is unable to determine where the pressure is coming from, they may struggle to handle it.

Like I said, hopefully Nansen’s role will be bigger than it appears on the surface.

Your post gets to the heart of the defense issues that I saw as our biggest problem in the Sugar Bowl—Our blitzes were as predictable and ineffective as I’ve seen. They didn’t get close;never knocked him down.
Some creativity would be welcome.

Recent Threads

Back