Coaching News and Rumors

They did him wrong. And sending him away after taking them to a bowl game for the first time this century is stupid.
Both of the big universities in New Mexico do strange things at times. They want to compete with UofA, ASU to the west, tceh to the east, and CU to the north. It ain't happening.

It is hard to say where this is coming from but I believe some of the theories are correct. Kelly is a good coach who probably went to LSU as much to get away from his ungrateful former employer. LSU has its own ungrateful fan base as does Michigan but I never bought that Kelly fits LSU. Coach O did.

Last edited:
IT believes the leading candidate for the LB coach is Arizona's defensive coordinator, Johnny Nansen.

Quick facts:

- he and Sark are close as they've worked together at USC and Washington, and Sark elevated Nansen a long time ago when he was coaching at Idaho
- he's originally from Samoa and also lived in American Samoa before moving to the US as a teenager
- he has a reputation as a "very strong" recruiter, especially on the West Coast where Sark would like to strengthen Texas' presence
- he's currently making $750K, but would most certainly earn a salary over a million per year if he chose to move to Austin
- one of his daughters is a freshman at Texas, and also an assistant for the football team

Johnny Nansen - Football Coach - University of Arizona Athletics

upload_2023-12-29_21-20-28.png

Help me name another coach that came from absolutely nowhere like Ryan Day. Only three years as a Power 5 OC (2yrs at BC and only 1yr at Ohio State). Was a QB coach in the NFL in between coordinator jobs. Then given the keys to a top 5 HC job. It’s kind of unbelievable.

Help me name another coach that came from absolutely nowhere like Ryan Day. Only three years as a Power 5 OC (2yrs at BC and only 1yr at Ohio State). Was a QB coach in the NFL in between coordinator jobs. Then given the keys to a top 5 HC job. It’s kind of unbelievable.
Bob Stoops comes to mind but I don’t know his coaching history before he took over at OU. I know it was his first head coaching job

Bob is part of that Hayden Fry/Bill Snyder alumni group

Story I got about his interview with Spurrier for the Florida DC job was to walk out on the field and Spurrier told him, "I don't know **** about defense; I don't want to know **** about defense. That's your end of the field, those are your 55 players, your job is to get me the ball back. I'll see you Saturday afternoons"

Recent Threads

Back