Coach PK & the mighty Texas D + the Return of DBU!!!!!!!!

Sweat has developed into a monster. A man of that size and strength should not have so much agility and quickness. It defies laws of biology and physics.

:bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo:

Sweat has developed into a monster. A man of that size and strength should not have so much agility and quickness. It defies laws of biology and physics.

Oh, and nobody forget, Sweat was a 3 star recruit from a mid-sized school (4AAAA I think).

Very solid game by the D. Kudos to PK. If the D continues to improve, I may have to change his nickname from Kwiatcollapski to Kwiatshutoutski.

Didn't he play basketball in high school?
He's ready to lead that D-line.

I have been down on PK in the past. But it looks like he may be hitting his stride in year 3. The thing I liked the most was the close coverage of the DBs. Last year Rice completes at least 5 more short passes to get first downs. That didn't happen.

I have been down on PK in the past. But it looks like he may be hitting his stride in year 3. The thing I liked the most was the close coverage of the DBs. Last year Rice completes at least 5 more short passes to get first downs. That didn't happen.
LB played better against the pass too.

Hill should develop into a star. And Lefau isn’t far behind him.
On the Rice TD drive, there was a critical 3rd down that was pass to the middle, after play action I think. The Rice TE blocked Lefau 10 yards to the outside. He isn’t ready.

Defense played well overall. Had trouble stopping run in the first half and the deep ball in the 3rd Q. But the pass rush was way better than expected and they figured out the run game.

Coach K made the adjustment with Hill at the half.
Best thing about Hill was learning on the job. After rushing too far upfield and letting Milroe escape for a big gainer, next time he engaged the fat tackle, kept contain, and got the sack by looping in front.

He did exactly what the announcers said he needed to learn to do, and I'm sure his coach had some instructions for him too. But damn, to apply the lesson learned from his mistake in this kind of a big time game? Wow.

Best thing about Hill was learning on the job. After rushing too far upfield and letting Milroe escape for a big gainer, next time he engaged the fat tackle, kept contain, and got the sack by looping in front.

He did exactly what the announcers said he needed to learn to do, and I'm sure his coach had some instructions for him too. But damn, to apply the lesson learned from his mistake in this kind of a big time game? Wow.
Yeah, I was cursing his youth but he learned real quick.

I’m just glad Patterson got this whole defense straightened out before he left! He has protected us from relying on PK and his calls for the D.

(tongue in cheek)

Loved the way the DB's rolled off their primary receiver to get in front of the other one for the interceptions. Worked on Milroe, will it work on Daniels?

Other than Hill over-pursuing Milroe once, excellent job of containing him. Looks like Texas can contain running QB's and pressure drop backs. I don't think any QB's left on the schedule can lite up our secondary like the previous 2 years.

Just need more push from the OL to get the run game going. That should be easier against most B12 teams than Bama.

If Quinn can stay consistent and healthy, maybe Texas does have a chance to win the B12.

Coach PK and the Texas D held one of the Nation's top offenses to 24 points at their house. Plus the INTs helped our effort quite a bit.

:ut::ut::ut::ut:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back