Coach PK & the mighty Texas D + the Return of DBU!!!!!!!!

The servers for the fan-club sign up webpage are crashing.....

There's a line down the block to get into the clubhouse. It's turning into a block party.

:hookem3::hookem3::hookem3::hookem3::hookem3:

1243374863.0.jpg

I won't name names since you know who you are
But Dude next time you try to shove my azz out of my front seat on the bandwagon you'll get more than my Yeti full of Burnt Orange koolaid dumped on you.

i really believe the depth we have at each position contributed to the win last night and against rice for that matter.

Very noticeable. Also very noticeable was how Bama seemed to run out of gas in the 2nd half. They've got strength, but not conditioning.
The depth on the line was key. Seemed like a different combination of upfront personnel every 2-3 plays. Recruits should notice that as well and that true freshman worked prominently in the mix.

Coach K can dial up a lot of different looks when you can get consistent pressure right up the middle in the qb’s face and running between the tackles is not an easy task. Bama got some yards there early, but that wasn’t on the tackles who were eating up blockers.

Weekly D Wall of Honor
(add more if you deem it merited)

Hill
Burke
Catalon
Gbenda (best I've seen him play)
got to give J Thompson honorable mention cause he rotated over to a receiver when he was defending nothing and made something out of nothing which gave us a td on the next play.
He did give up a td but that was a perfectly thrown ball. Its hard to defend perfectly placed throws.

So I watch
Weekly D Wall of Honor

Hill
Burke
Catalon
I watch Burke a lot, since he went to HS with my kids. Of course, this game everyone couldn’t help but see him. The interesting thing is that at Westlake, Colton Vasek, freshman for UT, seemed equally as good. Makes me think they both may start by next year.

So I watch

I watch Burke a lot, since he went to HS with my kids. Of course, this game everyone couldn’t help but see him. The interesting thing is that at Westlake, Colton Vasek, freshman for UT, seemed equally as good. Makes me think they both may start by next year.
Burke has that find-the-ball carrier and get to him instinct. It's difficult to coach, but he's got it.

Weekly D Wall of Honor

Hill
Burke
Catalon
Gonna give Gbenda a B. Had some good plays, but he also let McClellan and Milroe get extra yardage by doing nothing but a bump. Didn't even try to wrap up.

Amazing that all us fans could be happy when we have a defensive coordinator you find to be grossly incompetent. Did the defensive players just get lucky for 60 minutes? How do you explain the paradox?

Hint... It is ok to admit you've been wrong about PK all this time.

Most impressive was the defense got stronger as the game went on. Tide comes out on the first play for 9 up the gut, wolfs at our D. Then moves the chains a few times.

Never gave up, as was the MO in the past. Got better and better. The sign of a well coached team.

I've seen this movie before so I'm not drinking any Kool aid....yet. But *I AM* enjoying a much deserved win for this squad and hoping last night wasn't another win vs notre dame, 2016. They are capable. I'm IN.

Last edited:
Very noticeable. Also very noticeable was how Bama seemed to run out of gas in the 2nd half. They've got strength, but not conditioning.
When the announcers said some were bigger than NFL linemen I knew we would win athleticism battle up front with our D.

We expected the Longhorns to have a dynamite offense this season - now it appears there is a very nice defensive unit, also. Play the games one at a time - keeping tight focus - and great things could happen.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back