Coach PK & the mighty Texas D + the Return of DBU!!!!!!!!

Chop,
I just had about a pound and it's a bit salty. :idk:
Here are some actual recipes for Crow meat dishes:

Crow Busters - Crow Recipes

One of them:

Crow Casserole
Ingredients
12 pieces of crow breast meat (no bones) (6 crows)
2 quart sauerkraut
6 slices of bacon
1/3 cup of chopped onions
Preparation
Brown the crow breasts in a skillet with butter or oil. When browned, place them in a casserole dish on 1/2 inch layer of sauerkraut. Lay a 1/2 strip of bacon on each 1/2 breast and sprinkle the onion on them. Next, add another layer of sauerkraut and some of the juice. Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours. Makes 2 servings.

Another:

Matthews Magic Stew
Ingredients

20-24 crow breast pieces (10-12 crows)
1 bag of celery
2 onions
2 pounds of baby carrots
2 cans of beef consume
1 cup flour

Preparation
Chop up celery and onions. In a crock pot, place two alternating layers of meat -onions -celery -and carrots. Pour both cans of consume into pot. Let cook for 6-10 hours. A half hour before you are ready to serve, remove about 5-6 cups of liquid and mix with 1 cup of flour for a thickener. Mix all contents (stew & thickener) well. Let stand for half an hour, season with salt & pepper to taste, and enjoy. This recipe works well with almost all game (and non-game) animals. Some that I have tried are Deer, Squirrel, Rabbit, Pigeon, Duck, Goose, Bear, and Beaver.

usa_today_11173384.0.jpg

"Why do these Horns talk about eating crow as if it's a bad thing??? We call it Sunday dinner..."

Crow Recipe:
Ingredients:
One crow not plucked or dressed
One Acme brick
Garlic salt
Water

Place crow and brick in a sauce pan and cover with water
Add Garlic salt to taste.
Bring to a slow boil for eight hours

Serving instructions:
Throw the crow away and eat the brick with your favorite hot sauce.

Wyoming game—

Another great job by Coach PK and the Texas D. We only gave up 10 points to a team that beat Tech (and scored a whole lot of points against Tech). But it gets even better. Coach PK’s Defense scored a TD, so we really only gave up a net of 3 points.

Three cheers to Coach PK and the Texas Longhorn D!!!

:ut::ut::ut:

Last edited:
The Coach Pete Kwiatkowski fan club building is just now clearing out from an overflow crowd last night!!!

:ut::ut::ut::ut:
:yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The defense has been excellent so far. BUT, Texas has yet to face a precision passer. If K can shut down Daniels and Gabriel I'll be a true believer.

Chop,

Sitting in Memorial Stadium last night, I was ready to fire his ***. Leon Fuller's legacy is safe with K on payroll. I'm sure my good friend Rick Lantz was looking down last night joking, "how long before SH explodes".

OU, with the help of our offense. would have dropped (to quote Barry) "half a hundred" on us last night.

Outside of that one long play on the first drive...

3 points.

That RB was legit. And they blocked well. And we held them to 3 for the rest of the game.

And the two teams ranked higher than us have victories at South Carolina, Ball State, UT Martin, East Carolina, UNLV and Bowling Green! with cup cakes scheduled next week!

Texas? Georgia? Colorado? Who passes the CFP eye test and who has the best résumé

"The two contenders that currently rank in the top 10 in both offensive and defensive efficiency, a common trait in past playoff participants, are Florida State and Michigan. The No. 1 team in the country in defensive efficiency? Texas. The best offensive team? USC."

I understand it is week three, but Texas beat Bama at home at night and two other schools beat UH and Texas Tech. Not horrible.
Yeah! That’s right! We’re #1 in the Nation for Defensive Efficiency!

:ut:

Chop,

Sitting in Memorial Stadium last night, I was ready to fire his ***. Leon Fuller's legacy is safe with K on payroll. I'm sure my good friend Rick Lantz was looking down last night joking, "how long before SH explodes".

OU, with the help of our offense. would have dropped (to quote Barry) "half a hundred" on us last night.
I’ll put you down for the fan club dinner at Landry’s with Coach Pete Kwiatkowski.

I think the long run was a freshman mistake by Hill. Pre-snap he looked unsure of what defense may have been called and then he drifted to the right away from what looked to be his gap responsibility, creating a lane for the Wyoming back. If he plays his gap the back may slow just a bit to make a move and gets tackled from behind which almost happened, or Hill makes the tackle, or the calvary has time to arrive and limit the damage. Not sure why we weren't pressing their receivers as it didn't appear they could beat the db's deep. Most importantly, the defense appeared to play with little urgency or intensity until the first part of the fourth quarter. Those defensive series were night and day with the rest of the game. Wyoming's TOP kept a struggling Horn offense from finding any rhythm that and Sark's refusal to pound the rock straight at Wyoming.

Chop,

The biggest insult is trying to make people believe I would be seen in a Tilman restaurant, much less consume anything they serve.

Not even Jennifer Anniston could pull that off.

so happy to see our DBs making a read and jumping routes for ints.
I have been waiting for that mindset for a long time.

Last edited:
I think the long run was a freshman mistake by Hill. Pre-snap he looked unsure of what defense may have been called and then he drifted to the right away from what looked to be his gap responsibility, creating a lane for the Wyoming back. If he plays his gap the back may slow just a bit to make a move and gets tackled from behind which almost happened, or Hill makes the tackle, or the calvary has time to arrive and limit the damage. Not sure why we weren't pressing their receivers as it didn't appear they could beat the db's deep. Most importantly, the defense appeared to play with little urgency or intensity until the first part of the fourth quarter. Those defensive series were night and day with the rest of the game. Wyoming's TOP kept a struggling Horn offense from finding any rhythm that and Sark's refusal to pound the rock straight at Wyoming.
yes Hill took a couple small steps toward the inside (for no real reason) then was shielded from making the tackle so all he could do was chase the rb.
But also the DE could have made the play if he had made a quick read and come crashing down to the hole.
But after some further thought he probably had to make sure the QB didn't have the ball so he hesitated.
Anyway our left DT was double teamed and Hill should have read that and cut to the outside from where the Xtra blocker came. A learning experience that did not cost us the game.
Rookie play which I am sure will be brought to his attention.
I always new where the ball was going in an instant by just seeing the blocking scheme. that's defense 101

Not sure what this means exactly, but good to be ranked #1 in whatever it is... :)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN DEFENSIVE EFFICIENCY (SEASON)<br>1 Texas 91.7<br>2 Clemson 90.8<br>3 Michigan 89.5<br>4 Penn State 89.2<br>5 Auburn 89.0<br>6 Utah 88.6<br>7 Oklahoma 86.5<br>8 Syracuse 84.4<br>9 Sam Houston 84.1<br>10 Washington State 84.0<br><br>Defensive efficiency on 0-100 scale; based on defense&#39;s contribution to scoring… <a href="https://t.co/2u5yHwf5v8">pic.twitter.com/2u5yHwf5v8</a></p>&mdash; CFB Focus (@cffmwachsman) <a href="">September 17, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

The Coach Pete Kwiatkowski fan club meetings are nearing maximum capacity now! For our visit to Houston, we're renting Joel Osteen's church building (formerly the Summit), and have already sold out 3 nights. For a N.O. reference, we're starting to look like the Krewe of Endymion.

Yet another fantastic job by Coach PK and the Texas D!!!!!

Held Baylor, a conference opponent that has given us fits at times, to 6 points in this day and age! Wow!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

It is patently obvious that Sark knew what he was doing when he hired Pete Kwiatkowski as our Defensive Coordinator.

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

The Coach Pete Kwiatkowski fan club meetings are nearing maximum capacity now! For our visit to Houston, we're renting Joel Osteen's church building (formerly the Summit), and have already sold out 3 nights. For a N.O. reference, we're starting to look like the Krewe of Endymion.

Oh yeah, fan club meetings will, from now on, be catered by a number of fine restaurants, including: Landry's, Joes' Crab Shak, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., and Saltgrass.
:beertoast:

Still not a fan. New rules have shortened the game. We need more possessions.
TOP Baylor 33:30 Texas 26:30 Our defense running the clock is not the way to go.
Win the time of possession and we probably would have had the proper score in the fifties. This defensive scheme does not give us the needed defensive stops and additional possessions.

TOP Baylor 33:30 Texas 26:30 Our defense running the clock is not the way to go.
Win the time of possession and we probably would have had the proper score in the fifties. This defensive scheme does not give us the needed defensive stops and additional possessions.
There's that small pathetic mewl I thought I heard.

Don’t muff two punts and we probably flip that time of possession stat. Time of possession can be an indicator but we scored on some relatively quick drives where the offense ate up yards in chunks. Also bailor’s top went up later in the fourth quarter with the game no longer in doubt and many reserve players in the game. I wonder what it was at the end of the third quarter

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back