Coach PK & the mighty Texas D + the Return of DBU!!!!!!!!

Ksu's offense did not match up well with our defense at least on paper. Their strength is the run game and Texas is run defense with the Texas run defense being better than Ksu's run offense. Ksu still torched the Texas secondary. Tcu's offense on the other hand matches up much better against the Texas defense at least on paper, as their strength matches up against Texas weakness of pass defense. In last years's game, I remember thinking that the Texas blitzes and games up front by the d-line sure looked like it had Patterson's fingerprints all over it. I guess we will see what Pk dials up without Patterson's input.

I believe KSU had the top run offense in the B12.
Thats true but thats also based on not playing anyone except Ok State that has a solid team. Hey they won their games but that doesnt put them in an "elite" category just because a stat was good. They cant be punished for a weak schedule but they shouldnt be glorified either which is what a big ranking against weak opponents does. Texas has played a much tougher schedule which I believe is helping Texas, that and having depth which has proved to be vital.

Can we take up a collection to pay for Pk’s plane ticket and moving expenses. I know some here ( looking at you Chop) will show me the statistics that say I’m wrong, but running a scheme that allows tcu to score on a three play 35 second drive up by 10 is unacceptable even if they started from the Texas 35. You are supposed to be an elite dc. The previous Tcu scoring drives took 2 and 3 minutes. Championship defense for sure.

Can we take up a collection to pay for Pk’s plane ticket and moving expenses. I know some here ( looking at you Chop) will show me the statistics that say I’m wrong, but running a scheme that allows tcu to score on a three play 35 second drive up by 10 is unacceptable even if they started from the Texas 35. You are supposed to be an elite dc. The previous Tcu scoring drives took 2 and 3 minutes. Championship defense for sure.
We are giving up an average of ~30 points against OU, KSU, and TCU.

Please tell me the clown that wrote that was not given a degree from our beloved University and is not backing up to the pay window on the Forty Acres either.

The offense was bad. So was the defense. They had a goal line stand in the 4th Q or TCU scores 4 TDs in the 4th Q. The problem might be PK or it could be Sark not letting him hire a DB that works well with him.

So was the defense.
I mean, this wasn't Texas's best defensive game - I'll give you that, but they held TCU to their 3rd lowest point total of the year. TCU only had 88 yards rushing and were 3-11 on 3rd downs. Texas had 3 sacks, 6 TFLs, and two turnovers.

Last edited:
When the offense has to score 30+ points to ensure victory, it doesn’t appear to be an offense problem.
Huh? What does that even mean? Scoring alot helps you win, and it turns out that winning teams score alot. In fact, the top 10 scoring teams all score over 40/ppg for the most part. Despite that, this team has only lost once. Not too shabby.

oregon.svg
Oregon 9 57 51 5 0 8 0 427.00 47.4
southern-california.svg
Southern California 10 62 55 2 0 8 0 455.00 45.5
lsu.svg
LSU 9 53 52 1 0 11 1 407.00 45.2
washington.svg
Washington 9 50 47 2 0 8 0 375.00 41.7
michigan.svg
Michigan 9 49 48 0 0 8 0 366.00 40.7
smu.svg
SMU 10 51 49 1 0 14 0 405.00 40.5
penn-st.svg
Penn St. 9 46 45 0 0 13 1 362.00 40.2
oklahoma.svg
Oklahoma 9 47 45 0 0 10 1 359.00 39.9
florida-st.svg
Florida St. 9 46 45 1 0 11 0 356.00 39.6
georgia.svg
Georgia 9 43 43 0 0 17 1 354.00 39.3

ALL of the CFP teams are >30 points. Texas is currently ranked 24th on this list (work to do!)

Last edited:
When the offense has to score 30+ points to ensure victory, it doesn’t appear to be an offense problem.
But scoring 26 in the first half and 3 in the second half mirrors the defense only giving up 6 in the first with one field goal a 56 yarder where a holding penalty probably should have been accepted and then giving up 20 in the second half . So each unit flipped what they did in the first half and not in a good way.

How did the offense play in the second half - again? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.

I'm not going to argue about the offense. The all gas play calling slammed on the brakes...again. That had nothing to do with all the missed tackles, wide open TCU receivers and complete lack of effort by just about everyone not a defensive lineman.

This ignores the fact we had a 3 pt scoring second half, Look we all know there are defensive issues but repeated 3 & out series doesn’t help our boys in D especially late in the season and 2nd half games where are clearly getting worn out, especially in secondary. Texas 29-26 TCU (Nov 11, 2023) Game Stats - ESPN

I'm not going to argue about the offense. The all gas play calling slammed on the brakes...again. That had nothing to do with all the missed tackles, wide open TCU receivers and complete lack of effort by just about everyone not a defensive lineman.
I wouldn't call this game a defensive gem buy any means, but the guys with the most tackles were actually the linebackers: Jaylan Ford (9) and Anthony Hill (8) and it's not even close.

Sounds like people are gonna think what they want to think.

As I said on the game thread, I think Coach K and Sark are lock step in philosophy. Both sides play the same way. Aggressive first half/Conservative second half. I don't blame a coordinator for doing what I think the head coach wants.

At LB - Morice Blackwell, Jr., after a long arduous recovery from injury, has made a splash this year. He's got a nose for the ball and gets there quick.

:bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo:

Chop,

Take a long hard look at all of Coach Broyles alltime assistants, and tell me one that K could be talked about in the same sentence.

He is ours for now and has made significant improvements, BUT until he can get the defensive play called and set before the offense lines up, he ain't gonna be on my Christmas card list.

Chop,

Take a long hard look at all of Coach Broyles alltime assistants, and tell me one that K could be talked about in the same sentence.

He is ours for now and has made significant improvements, BUT until he can get the defensive play called and set before the offense lines up, he ain't gonna be on my Christmas card list.
I'll put you down for a Coach PK Christmas sweater.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back