Coach PK & the mighty Texas D + the Return of DBU!!!!!!!!

All the remaining OC's a QB's left on our schedule are licking their chops. I don't know why anyone would even try to run. Fortunately, KSU is a run first team.

Just run crossing routes and deep balls against Watts and you’re in business. It seems like the defense attacks early on and plays more man to man. We get a lead, drop the safeties 20 yards and at least one corner or the man covering the slot gives a 8-12 yard cushion.

Watching some of the other games shows how good our d-line is against the run, and that we make teams one dimensional. Problem is we suck at defending that dimension.

I am permanently ofc the bandwagon. My vote is that when we go to the sec we leave PK in the big twenty or whatever they are.

YET WE ARE GIVING UP WHAT, 18 POINTS A GAME. I'LL TAKE THAT YEAR END AND YEAR OUT.

it was the offensive turnovers and punt block that made it a close game.
Get real guys.

YET WE ARE GIVING UP WHAT, 18 POINTS A GAME. I'LL TAKE THAT YEAR END AND YEAR OUT.

Get real guys.
We had complimentary football for most of the first half of the game and the reverse of complimentary football for the last half of the game.

Get real guys.
Yes, the turnovers opened the door for ksu. But ksu marched down the field in the last minute for a FG.
And had their way pretty much in the second half with their passing game.

K’s “prevent” pass defense is a failure. Coverage is soft; he rushes 3, giving qb’ time to sit back and pick our secondary apart. ou and ksu marched and scored with no time outs. One sack in either case and we win. He fails to pressure rush with 4,5, or 6.
Ou and ksu don’t score their last minute td if K had dialed up pressure on those drives.

Last edited:
Yes, the turnovers opened the door for ksu. But ksu marched down the field in the last minute for a td. And had their way pretty much in the second half with their passing game.
K’s “prevent” pass defense is a failure. Coverage is soft; he rushes 3, giving qb’ time to sit back and pick our secondary apart. ou and ksu marched and scored with no time outs. One sack in either case and we win. He fails to pressure rush with 4,5, or 6.
Ou and ksu don’t score their last minute td if K had dialed up pressure on those drives.
I too, would rather blitz and pressure the QB but you make it sound like it's a given that it will work and no td would be scored and that coach k is so dumb he doesn't know that.
maybe our defense should cover somebody that comes into the zone near them.

this is what I don't understand about playing zone, when a receiver comes into your area, gravitate over to him and jump the the route if the ball is thrown there. Cover the guy in your area!

Coach K leads the best scoring defense in the Big XII and it's pretty much not even close, except for Kstate. Georgia has allowed 2 fewer points in conference so far this year for reference. The Texas defense looks pretty good to me especially when you factor in injuries and the amount of turnovers and penalties we commit per game (yuck).

Texas has only allowed 114 points in conference play. That's only 19 points per game - that's part of the reason Texas has only lost one game, which, if you are being honest, is probably not what you expected at this point in the season even if you were drinking the cool-aide. Statistically speaking (and only that), this team is starting to resemble the 2009 team, but we don't have that 2009 QB. That is pretty amazing seeing how we have our 2nd string RS freshman QB starting.

Anyway, 19 points a game is pretty darn good and should help the team win (more) games.

Coach K leads the best scoring defense in the Big XII and it's pretty much not even close, except for Kstate. Georgia has allowed 2 fewer points in conference so far this year for reference. The Texas defense looks pretty good to me especially when you factor in injuries and the amount of turnovers and penalties we commit per game (yuck).

Texas has only allowed 114 points in conference play. That's only 19 points per game - that's part of the reason Texas has only lost one game, which, if you are being honest, is probably not what you expected at this point in the season even if you were drinking the cool-aide. Statistically speaking (and only that), this team is starting to resemble the 2009 team, but we don't have that 2009 QB. That is pretty amazing seeing how we have our 2nd string RS freshman QB starting.

Anyway, 19 points a game is pretty darn good and should help the team win (more) games.

I wonder how we rank in second half points allowed. Like are we among the best in not allowing points in first halves of games but then suck in the second halves?

Last edited:
I think it was a game of pick your poison.
We nullified one of the top rushing offenses in the country.
If we back off that to add more pass coverage do they begin to run up and down the field?
I think we dared them to beat us through the air.
And they performed better than anticipated.
We still walked away with a W.
Brings up memories of Adrien Peterson putting up 200 yards on us between the twenties but never scoring.

Herman would have liked you. You only focus on numbers while ignoring the lack of effective defense in critical moments of a game.

Yes, the turnovers opened the door for ksu. But ksu marched down the field in the last minute for a td. And had their way pretty much in the second half with their passing game.
KSU didn't score a last minute TD

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back