Boyer' open letter to Kaepernick

"never again" seems a little over the top ...

Obviously there's a market for professional football ... but for a league which actually stands for proper behavior.

"... until ..." might have been a better statement.

.....But there is one QB out there unsigned who does at least somewhat match Watson's style. He is not as good as Watson but is a much better scrambler than any of the other 3 QBs.
His name is Colin Kaepernick.......

Oh hello

Way too late for this to save them

If it really is the policy and reality going forward, it’s not necessarily too late. Hard to believe they can be non-political; it’s who they are more than a “policy” that has been followed.

Miko Grimes if the wife of a an NFL player. She also points out the Raiders have the only all-black offensive line in the league.

Yes, I don’t think he is simple or what he does is simple. What I mean is that sometimes to guess at a person’s motive is as simple as looking at the result he got and imagining that that was the intended result. Every time I hear someone say that Mr Trump is stupid or an idiot, I figure he is not seeing Trump’s motive (which may encompass that very reaction).

In fact, this discipline of simplification when assessing a person is most helpful with more “complicated” people, who tend to camouflage motives.

I loved Atlas Shrugged (figure that); there was a major principle in it that if a (smart) person’s behavior makes no sense, you better recheck your assumptions.
I tend to apply the "stupid" label to anyone that doesn't' agree with me right away.

But in all seriousness when I say that I think some of the things he does are stupid it is because I believe it will have a result that is bad for the country. I'm not looking at this from the perspective of what is good for DT. I don't give a rats *** what is good for DT. But unfortunately, I think that is all DT cares about. "What's good for DT".

ESPN/NYT both say Jerry Jones is threatening to sue if the League decides to extend Goodell's contract beyond 2018. He supposedly has already hired Davis Boies who used to rep Harvey Weinstein, Al Gore and the NYT (who recently threw a hissyfit over Boies).

They say Jerry made the threat during a conference call last week with the 6 owners on the compensation committee. He told them papers were already drawn up and would be served Friday if the committee did not scrap its plans to extend Goodell's contract. The committee asked Jones to "leave the discussions" (which I guess means get off the phone). They think there are "four or five owners" who dont want Goodell extended, and another half-dozen owners who are "fence-sitters."

"Most owners would admit that Roger has done a terrible job handling the anthem controversy and a terrible job explaining the [TV] ratings declines, a terrible job on any number of other issues," an unnamed, long-time team executive told ESPN.

For his part, Goodell is said to be "furious" that Jones' and other owners' insistence that his next contract should be performance-based.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...allas-cowboys-threatens-sue-nfl-roger-goodell

This will likely excite some of you
GQ names Colin Kaepernick "Citizen of the Year"
Probably was a close vote between he, Kathy Griffin and Kevin Spacey

DOhSzCvX0AAU6F-.jpg

Last edited:
Jerry Jones is trying to get rid of Goodell before he kills the golden goose, so how do the other NFL owners respond?
CBS claims they have discussed taking the Cowboys away from Jones

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...r-option-for-taking-cowboys-from-jerry-jones/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...way-with-owners-over-spat-with-roger-goodell/

Jerry Jones already voted to extend Goodell in a summer vote of owners. The vote was 32-0. He wasn't on the compensation committee originally but after whining Blank added him to the 3-person committee and even granted him voting rights to which Jones said "I don't want a vote."

Jerry Jones simply wants to grandstand, likely as a result of the Elliott suspension.

Jerry Jones already voted to extend Goodell in a summer vote of owners. The vote was 32-0. He wasn't on the compensation committee originally but after whining Blank added him to the 3-person committee and even granted him voting rights to which Jones said "I don't want a vote."

Jerry Jones simply wants to grandstand, likely as a result of the Elliott suspension.
Jerry would have move clout here if he had not been a Goodell man during the quasi crusade against the Patriots. I seem to remember him publicly supporting Goodell. While I think the way they're dealing with Elliott is wrong, I think Jerry needs to take a knee on the issue. :)

Jerry would have move clout here if he had not been a Goodell man during the quasi crusade against the Patriots. I seem to remember him publicly supporting Goodell. ...

I think that goes for all of them. I recall the vote on his last contract was unanimous. Until recently, they were all on board. Until recently, it was an idiot proof business.

Papa John's apologized for criticizing the players protesting. http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSt...izes-criticizing-nfl-anthem-protests-51158913

Does this mean that the customers supporting the players are better customers than the snowflakes upset at the protesters? Sales must have plummeted.

Possibly. More than likely they got tired of being constantly harassed by the left and finally submitted. Happens to most companies that don't follow the politically correct path.

Papa John's apologized for criticizing the players protesting. http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSt...izes-criticizing-nfl-anthem-protests-51158913

Does this mean that the customers supporting the players are better customers than the snowflakes upset at the protesters? Sales must have plummeted.

I think it caused the stock to drop. Maybe liberals sold the stock, or maybe the CEO talking about (exaggerating?) lost sales made people jump off the stock. One way or another, the apology indicates that the statement was not good for business.

I think it caused the stock to drop. Maybe liberals sold the stock, or maybe the CEO talking about (exaggerating?) lost sales made people jump off the stock. One way or another, the apology indicates that the statement was not good for business.
I think Pizza Hut came out and said that the NFL advertising didn't hurt there sales. Papa John is a partisan. He whined about ACA when all it would have cost was like 0.15 per pizza to insure his employees yet he declined.

all it would have cost was like 0.15 per pizza

LOL ... so who is going to pay that $.15 ... assuming that's an accurate number.

ACA was a bad idea and worse execution ... and the poor performance in execution was inevitable because ... it's government attempting to do what it cannot and should not. But we keep expecting a savior to wipe our behinds with the toilet paper it must provide.

but ... thread creep ...

The kneelers acted poorly ... while representing something besides themselves ... and based upon manipulation if not outright lies. poor poor poor.

Another in the growing list of examples: be careful about the people from whom you take advice. What's in it for them?

Jerry would have move clout here if he had not been a Goodell man during the quasi crusade against the Patriots. ...

I am not a Jones fan but nonetheless concede he has done more to increase revenues in the NFL overall than Goodell. Jones already has clout.

Saw on ESPN this morning on the crawl that some other owners are trying to take action to shut JJ up, so the decline of the NFL will continue.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back