Boyer' open letter to Kaepernick

I was editing my post while you are posting. Notice the 1 minute timestamp difference. I didn't know the exact number which is why I updated it to <10. Of course, only the kneelers were considered, not those standing while holding a hand in the air. In hindsight, my <10 was pretty close when looking only at the kneelers.

Only covers Sept. 2016? Have you read the dates/descriptions? From your link:

Bad wording on my part. It only covers September of last year. October-December isn't covered. It then covers September of 2017.

Bad wording on my part. It only covers September of last year. October-December isn't covered. It then covers September of 2017.

What I took from that article is that no new plaryers started kneeling after September. Notice in the descriptions it states whether the kneeling was a one game affair or the players remained kneeling all year.

The fact that a number of players stopped kneeling reinforces my position that the protest was petering out until the arsonist chose to use issue for political gain.

What I took from that article is that no new plaryers started kneeling after September. Notice in the descriptions it states whether the kneeling was a one game affair or the players remained kneeling all year.

The fact that a number of players stopped kneeling reinforces my position that the protest was petering out until the arsonist chose to use issue for political gain.

That's not how I interpreted it but it doesn't really matter. I have to say I love it how Trump lives in your mind 24/7. :smokin: Anyway, you were saying earlier how one man like Kolin can make a difference by getting people to talk about the situation of Afican-Americans. However, you seem not to think or are downplaying that the opposite can happen when one man(or ten, twenty, etc.) can tick off a whole lot of people, which did happen.

Protests were not on the decline and winding down when Trump spoke out. That is completely false.

This is exactly why those who aren't avid, regular NFL fans have little understanding of the contempt between players and real NFL fans.

The protests were very much present and widespread when DT spoke out. To say otherwise is simply being uninformed.

Dialed-in NFL fans were still well aware and pissed about it. It wasn't just kneelers at that time, there were spin-off versions that were done on a weekly basis all across the league.

The reason it appeared to outsiders that things had died down was the backlash had gotten NFL fans nowhere. Their voices had long been rejected and ignored by the league and owners.

Those millions it offended hadn't lost their disapproval one bit, yet were becoming desensitized as they saw no effective method to combat it without walking away from something they love.

We were being forcefed a sh*t sandwich and told to swallow or don't eat. DT provided us a "go f*** yourself" response and God bless him for it.

Sorry if it's inconvenient to have to read headlines about DT and the NFL for those who don't find pro football appealing in the first place. :rolleyes1:

But there are millions of us this really matters to who have spent a lifetime loving pro football. Trump did us a HUGE solid no one else was daring to do. MAGA!

Last edited:
Protests were not on the decline and winding down when Trump spoke out. That is completely false.

This is exactly why those who aren't avid, regular NFL fans have little understanding of the contempt between players and real NFL fans.

The protests were very much present and widespread when DT spoke out. To say otherwise is simply being uninformed.

Dialed-in NFL fans were still well aware and pissed about it. It wasn't just kneelers at that time, there were spin-off versions that were done on a weekly basis all across the league.

The reason it appeared to outsiders that things had died down was the backlash had gotten NFL fans nowhere. Their voices had long been rejected and ignored by the league and owners.

Those millions it offended hadn't lost their disapproval one bit, yet were becoming desensitized as they saw no effective method to combat it without walking away from something they love.

We were being forcefed a sh*t sandwich and told to swallow or don't eat. DT provided us a "go f*** yourself" response and God bless him for it.

Sorry if it's inconvenient to have to read headlines about DT and the NFL for those who don't find pro football appealing in the first place. :rolleyes1:

But there are millions of us this really matters to who have spent a lifetime loving pro football. Trump did us a HUGE solid no one else was daring to do. MAGA!
You're wrong.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/25/n...ger-goodell-president-trump-week-3-peter-king

Not a chance. Every Cowboys game to date before DT's Alabama speech had members of the other team doing some clear form of protest. Every f'n one.

And you're telling me my own eyes are wrong. Beat it Sooner. Don't you have some fake dossier to boast as gospel?
I'm telling you a reporter who reports on all games and writes a ten page manifesto every Sunday night/Monday morning about the NFL is probably more knowledgeable than your "what I see at the Cowboy games" version of facts.

I'm telling you a reporter who reports on all games and writes a ten page manifesto every Sunday night/Monday morning about the NFL is probably more knowledgeable than your "what I see at the Cowboy games" version of facts.

LOL Really now? I've only been a Senior Writer for a Cowboys website owned by Time, Inc. since early 2012.

Besides that, I assume you are unaware DallasCowboys.com has a live pregame video feed on their website every gameday.

Starts an hour before kickoff and covers all the stretching, warm-ups, anthem, etc. You and your trusted 'research' are out of your league on this one.

LOL Really now? I've only been a Senior Writer for a Cowboys website owned by Time, Inc. since early 2012.

Besides that, I assume you are unaware DallasCowboys.com has a live pregame video feed on their website every gameday.

Starts an hour before kickoff and covers all the stretching, warm-ups, anthem, etc. You and your trusted 'research' are out of your league on this one.
One game per week for two weeks vs. about 15.

Link us to the stories that show differently. You appear capable.

Not a chance. Every Cowboys game to date before DT's Alabama speech had members of the other team doing some clear form of protest. Every f'n one.

And you're telling me my own eyes are wrong. Beat it Sooner. Don't you have some fake dossier to boast as gospel?

Who? 20 pages deep on Google and not a single reference to a Cowboy player protesting prior to 9/22. You're a "Senior Writer" and even you chose to not write it down, apparently.

Who? 20 pages deep on Google and not a single reference to a Cowboy player protesting prior to 9/22. You're a "Senior Writer" and even you chose to not write it down, apparently.
He's talking about visiting players.

Pre-season:
Cards
Colts
Raiders

Season:
Giants
The rest were on the road or after butt head's speech.

He's talking about visiting players.

Pre-season:
Cards
Colts
Raiders

Season:
Giants
The rest were on the road or after butt head's speech.
Dude, you missed your chance to write about these spoiled millionaires and get you an ESPN by-line. Looks to me like the Raiders were the only ones who protested.

To be honest I've yet to write a single sentence about this protest nonsense in any article since it started.

Covering controversy outside of actual football is a non-starter with most true football fans. Never discussed domestic violence issues with Greg Hardy or Zeke beyond how suspensions effected the game or roster. Most real football fans just don't want to hear all that when they seek news on their fav team.

Which is exactly what the NFL has yet to grasp well enough to understand their only eventual option is to end this garbage. In overwhelming fashion, people go apesh*t when politics and/or religion are shoved into their football.

It's rule #1 on nearly every sports forum for a reason. I suggest voicing support of protests on a football thread on Rivals main board. Those psychos are known to hunt down and expose private info when violators break the rules. :smile1:

....The reason it appeared to outsiders that things had died down was the backlash had gotten NFL fans nowhere. Their voices had long been rejected and ignored by the league and owners....

I also think there was a conscious decision by the applicable networks to not show them, and then not even show the anthem event itself, probably in consultation with the league itself. Which would affect perceptions of the TV audience (which is my guess of what I think we are seeing from some posters here)

I also think there was a conscious decision by the applicable networks to not show them, and then not even show the anthem event itself, probably in consultation with the league itself. Which would affect perceptions of the TV audience (which is my guess of what I think we are seeing from some posters here)
I don't disagree with you. However, those ESPN articles before the President called them sons of ******* are a summation of what reporters were writing about the actual protests at each locale.

I'll give JoeFan credit too. I suspect the networks did try to play down the protest with cooperation from the NFL. Still, unless these multiple sites that list which players are protesting are egregiously wrong then the facts still support OUBubba, Peter King and my assertion that the protests were petering off.

Even if frustrated fans had stopped caring as much, so did the players. That's the point.

I doubt most of you follow the Texans, but they just lost their star rookie QB Deshaun Watson. The only way the Texans could hope to survive this would be to find someone who can at least come close to matching Watson's scrambling style. As of today, they have 3 statues back there -- Tom Savage, TJ Yates and Matt McGloin. These guys are no good but will look even worse behind Houston's putrid OL. They wont stand a chance. It would not be surprising if they get injured too, as they are going to be taking some big hits.

But there is one QB out there unsigned who does at least somewhat match Watson's style. He is not as good as Watson but is a much better scrambler than any of the other 3 QBs.

His name is Colin Kaepernick.

This is both tragedy and comedy at the same time. Would Bob McNair consider signing him? He almost has to if he wants to save this season (Texans have already lost defensive stars JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilus). Tanking is not a good idea either since Houston already traded away its 1st (for Watson) and 2nd round (just to dump Osweiler's contract) picks.

How awkward! Especially in light of McNair's recent bout with foot-in-mouth syndrome.

If it happened, I would be cheering for BLM/Antifa/lefty hero Kaepernick. It's a funny world sometimes.

Last edited:
I doubt most of you follow the Texans, but they just lost their star rookie QB Deshaun Watson. The only way the Texans could hope to survive this would be to find someone who can at least come close to matching Watson's scrambling style. As of today, they have 3 statues back there -- Tom Savage, TJ Yates and Matt McGloin. These guys are no good but will look even worse behind Houston's putrid OL. They wont stand a chance. I would not be surprising if they get injured too, as they are going to be taking some big hits.

But there is one QB out there unsigned who does at least somewhat match Watson's style. He is not as good as Watson but is a much better scrambler than any of the other 3 QBs.

His name is Colin Kaepernick.

This is both tragedy and comedy at the same time. Would Bob McNair consider signing him? He almost has to if he wants to save this season (Texas have already lost defensive stars JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilus). Tanking is not a good idea either since Houston already traded away its 1st (for Watson) and 2nd round (just to dump Osweiler's contract) picks.

How awkward! Especially in light of McNair's recent bout with foot-in-mouth syndrome.

If it happened, I would be cheering for BLM/Antifa/lefty hero Kaepernick. It's a funny world sometimes.
I think Colin hurt himself in two ways. 1. Initially, he and his agents talked about him "only going to a location where he'd be a starter". He's not that kind of guy at this point. 2. The continued kneeling. Also, he was a poor test case given his pig related socks that he wore at one point. He's better than a good portion of backup QB's but he comes with baggage. It's hard not to factor in the baggage with ownership. It would be a power move by McNair. I would enjoy it. I like the Texans and I want to see you support Colin. :)

If his playing career fizzles out, Käpernick could join the coaching staff at Mobilehoma.
Seems like a poor choice for a coach. I think his playing career has fizzled out barring a quasi-miracle. Much like Tebow, if he could pass efficiently, he'd be playing on Sunday.

I hate to stick my nose in, but Donald Trump did not WANT the protests to go away quietly into the night. He perceives or knows that those “sons o guns” are trapped on the wrong side of the issue with no way to get out, and for the BLM people at this point, all publicly is bad publicity.

I’ll never get how people don’t see Trump’s decisions more simply.

.... It would be a power move by McNair. I would enjoy it. I like the Texans and I want to see you support Colin. :)

Kaepernick is not a good QB, is not a good passer and is definitely a bad decision maker, both on and off the field. However, he is a good scrambler. And this is a unique circumstance. The coach has rebuilt the entire offense this season, on the fly, to adjust to Watson. And it was working. Houston is the #1 scoring offense in the NFL as of today (next week, they will probably be last). If they want to try and save the season, they need a QB who can use this same offense. None of the 3 QBs they have can do that (and it's not close). There is only one such person available.

But I doubt he will even consider it. I think the NFLPA sent McNair a depo notice recently ("collusion"). I also think McNair said something last year about not ever hiring the flag squatter (dont recall exactly what he said). But maybe McNair's views have changed in the last week, giving the heat he has taken? He might see giving him a shot, at least a try out, like extending an olive branch to his detractors.

Last edited:
I see his thinking as complex. I think he applies game theory to many of these disputes. Not just anyone can do that.
Yes, I don’t think he is simple or what he does is simple. What I mean is that sometimes to guess at a person’s motive is as simple as looking at the result he got and imagining that that was the intended result. Every time I hear someone say that Mr Trump is stupid or an idiot, I figure he is not seeing Trump’s motive (which may encompass that very reaction).

In fact, this discipline of simplification when assessing a person is most helpful with more “complicated” people, who tend to camouflage motives.

I loved Atlas Shrugged (figure that); there was a major principle in it that if a (smart) person’s behavior makes no sense, you better recheck your assumptions.

Back