Baltimore Crime Rate Soaring

The only solution in places like SF is to move. Some cities decline because of economic challenges. Some decline because of bad political and cultural choices. Economic challenges can be overcome if people work hard, innovate, and adapt. Some Rust Belt cities (those that weren't also a political and cultural dumpster fire) have shown this. Bad political and cultural choices are almost impossible to overcome.

Bad political and cultural choices are almost impossible to overcome.
No, they aren't, but the recipe for overcoming them is extremely distasteful. The way to get the scumbags off the street is lethal vigilante justice that goes unpunished by the courts.

Once enough of the scumbags die for their choices, the rest will actually begin asking themselves just how committed they are to making the same choices. Some will respond with lethal intentions of their own, but eventually order will return.

Like I said, it is an extremely unpleasant and distasteful recipe.

No, they aren't, but the recipe for overcoming them is extremely distasteful. The way to get the scumbags off the street is lethal vigilante justice that goes unpunished by the courts.

Once enough of the scumbags die for their choices, the rest will actually begin asking themselves just how committed they are to making the same choices. Some will respond with lethal intentions of their own, but eventually order will return.

Like I said, it is an extremely unpleasant and distasteful recipe.

Oh, I know how it can be done. What makes SF so bad is that the politics and culture of the city won't allow the right policies to fix the problems legitimately. If some vigilante group started kickin' ***, the police and woke prosecutors would imprison them and not the bad apples.

367393620_708436637964429_8955034389049812459_n.jpg

@mchammer , just curious - why do you post the X links? They'd by easier to see and read if you embedded them as media.
I am copying the link and pasting as before when there was no issue. How do you embed as media?

I just dropped an X link in the embed media pop-up box and it says it cannot be done.

IMG_7680.jpeg

Last edited:
I am copying the link and pasting as before when there was no issue. How do you embed as media?

I just dropped an X link in the embed media pop-up box and it says it cannot be done.

View attachment 8386

Change "x" to "twitter" and just paste the link after your words like:

HFs will change the link to a media for twitter and appear like it does above.

Edit: The above is "https:// twitter.com/activeasian/status/1693640602301161554?s=46&t=pi9Mc-YvN4KbcKjTHAyxTg" without the space between "//" and "twitter" which I added so it would NOT embed.

View attachment 8386

Guy explained a possible fix. Also your links look different from mine. The links I get from the Twitter/X app have Twitter in then, not X. Are you getting them from a web browser?

My bookmarked link is to Twitter.com so it works fine. I have not started linking from X.com so I didn’t know this was an issue.

Weird ... I tried just now to log into X.com but it quickly redirected to twitter.com.

Anyway, the tool that I have installed here for embedding tweets is looking for twitter.com in the URL so it may be failing if it doesn't find that. I suggest using Twitter.com rather than X.com if you want to embed tweets here. It's the same content.

Embedded tweets from X.com should work now same as Twitter.

I created a new integration point for X.com. I tested it and it seems to work without having to change the URL to Twitter.

x-code.jpg

Back