9/15/2024 AP Poll Texas #1

The whole point of this thread to appreciate seeing 1 to the left of Texas because, since the '60s, it just rarely happens. This proves it. Unfortunate.

Coaches Poll is a fraud. Only thing "coaches" have to do with is to hand it to a manager, secretary, office worker to mark the ballot. The coaches do NOT watch the games. The AP voters are mostly sports writers that haven't touched a football since they were four years old but are somehow "qualified" to write about it and vote.

Both are basically "beauty contests", with a few self-serving votes cast.

I care less about whether we're #1-#4 early in the season. I'd care about #8 if I thought we were better.

But just like HIC said, it sure is fun. lol

Coaches Poll is a fraud. Only thing "coaches" have to do with is to hand it to a manager, secretary, office worker to mark the ballot. The coaches do NOT watch the games. The AP voters are mostly sports writers that haven't touched a football since they were four years old but are somehow "qualified" to write about it and vote.

Both are basically "beauty contests", with a few self-serving votes cast.
And most have pics proudly displayed of them wearing their cute little football uniforms ordered from sears or Montgomery ward.
More than likely next to the pic dressed in a little cowboy outfit on top of that little pony.
All of my fellow old timers from the 50s know of what I speak!

And most have pics proudly displayed of them wearing their cute little football uniforms ordered from sears or Montgomery ward.
More than likely next to the pic dressed in a little cowboy outfit on top of that little pony.
All of my fellow old timers from the 50s know of what I speak!
We hated you rich kids that got to do that. They never ventured down to the poor kids in Port Neches or Nederland, they stayed in Beaumont. As kids, we were certain that the devil lived in Beaumont.

The polls are crap, let the kids play, win them all, and I have confidence that between CDC & Bianco we have enough Stroke to be where WE want them to be.

As long as Texas avoids multiple losses, they will be in the playoffs. Texas has won at the Shoe at night, at the Bighouse, at Alabama, in the Orange Bowl against Namath, and twice in the Rose Bowl (one against the greatest college team ever) so not playing at home is not an issue for Texas.

IMG_9720.jpeg

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back