9/15/2024 AP Poll Texas #1

For those that have YouTube TV, SEC Network is included on the standard subscription.

Are mentioning this for tonight's game? If so, game is on ESPN+/SECN+.
YouTube TV is kind of different in that you can’t browse a grid layout channel and instead you just click between live events. I instead used the YouTube TV login on the ESPN app for my Roku (Any Smart TV or streaming device with ESPN app should work) and watching it now.

Texas just cannot keep the #1 ranking. Beats an SEC! team by 22 points and gets jumped by the #4 team. Would not happen the other way around. Any other team "struggles" against an SEC! team, it is considered a big win in the end. Not Texas.

Just like that, Texas is back to #2. Pretty sure beating OU and Georgia won't make a difference.

Hold the phone. Apparently, that is just one douchebag's pol from Fox Sports. I guess the poll isn't out yet. Hope I'm wrong, but I said during the game yesterday we would get jumped by the winner of that game. Hope not.

HIC,

I don't mind "getting jumped" by Alabama. They went on the field against a formidable opponent (obviously Top 5) and won impressively with our QB commit and a 17 year old kid that should be in HS. We gave up 300 yards to a team that could not beat any of the Top 6 teams playing at Jerry World in December.

We have injuries and lack depth at key positions, but we have two of the top ten QBs in college football. Hopefully the week of will give us time to heal, knock some rust off, and be ready to jump all over that group from the Dust Bowl. We played like the #1 team in Ann Arbor, but not yesterday. If we had had a "real team" to play yesterday rather than bottom feeders coached by Art Briles son-in-law, I would say we deserve #1, but we didn't, and I was sitting in Memorial Stadium having nightmares of 1979 Thanksgiving (the greatest coaching job by the Aggies since Dana X Bible left Brazos County for Travis County).

Yeah I dripped sweat through that game too. Might sound silly but I honestly think that dropped touchdown made a dramatic difference in the games total result.

Hold the phone. Apparently, that is just one douchebag's pol from Fox Sports. I guess the poll isn't out yet. Hope I'm wrong, but I said during the game yesterday we would get jumped by the winner of that game. Hope not.
You are not going to believe this, but in coaches poll, Texas jumped from #2 to #1.

The above chart is not a quiz for "which ONE does not belong". Too many correct answers starting with the convicts, then State Penn (have they played a D-1 team yet), Michigan, and possibly Mizzou

Aggy is upset that they are tied with UNLV at #25, but most of the published charts just show UNLV at that position, lol

If Texas beats OU and Georgia, Texas should logically regain the #1 ranking over Alabama, but I doubt that the majority of the AP voters will see it that way.

I vaguely remember another instance where Texas was disrespected and should have been a 1...they came out of that game with a piece of crystal. I was gruntled.

If Texas beats OU and Georgia, Texas should logically regain the #1 ranking over Alabama, but I doubt that the majority of the AP voters will see it that way.
It’s probably human nature that the benefit of the doubt will go to the program with the recent skins on the wall. We will have to earn our spot.

Looks to me like we get to play Georgia and Alabama. Looks like we have the markedly better team than Oklahoma. Same for aTm, but they have the bon fire, joo-joo craziness to overcome. It is refreshing to think that we don’t make every team we play’s season for a change. Winning 14 or 15 straight games will always be challenging. Hell, that MSU DB could have easily blown up Mannings knee down on the goal line. The large men need titanium knee protection. We played 11 games (at night until the heat was bearable) and after the season it took two months to walk without limping. There are injuries and “hobbling” that get played through that make all the difference. We appear to championship first teamers and championship depth. Some teams we play will be playing second line players, including Bama and UGa. Love our culture. May indeed be the difference maker.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back