2025 Softball Season

I saw a player with a 00 jersey, but no name. I thought "Wow, a last minute transfer in?" Then, on the texassports roster listing, there is one player with no picture, Rachel Wells.

Google tells me:
1. Committed to play for Delaware State: Wells called to D1 Delaware State University | ScoutU But never listed on their rosters or recorded stats.
2. Google them says that she was on the transfer list to go to OK-State: Dec 2022 Softball Transfer Portal Again, no stats or hits on the OSU roster.
3. She's listed as a Junior so....she must have taken a detour and not played for 2 years?
She has a strong bat. She struck out but hit a mean foul liner to left field 😁. We will see how well she bats against Ace pitching .

I'm impressed the "pop" that I'm hearing from some of Salmon's pitches. And the fact that she was able to thrown that consistently. The control for fancier pitches isn't there yet. But it's good to know she's got the fastball that can be used when it's 3-2 and you just want her to blow it by the hitter.

She has a strong bat. She struck out but hit a mean foul liner to left field 😁. We will see how well she bats against Ace pitching .
I see that Rachel Wells went to Melissa High School where Caigan Crabtree is from and her mother is the softball coach? A little scary to see she has been invisible for the last 2 years. :idk:

I see that Rachel Wells went to Melissa High School where Caigan Crabtree is from and her mother is the softball coach? A little scary to see she has been invisible for the last 2 years. :idk:
Obviously that's the point of connection to the Texas program. At first, I thought, "hmmmm Delaware St?" But then, Kenny G is a pretty good evaluator of transfer prospects and if he was willing to take her on.......

And as guessed, very likely a walk-on. Although that will be interesting if/when that lawsuit gets settled and they have a hard roster cap on the various sports (I think that will be litigated in court and be removed a few years later).

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back