2025 Softball Season

So Texas NOT invited to the NFCA leadoff tournament.

2025 participating teams: Bethune-Cookman • Duke • Iowa • Nebraska • Kentucky • Marshall • Mississippi State • Missouri • Morgan State • Nebraska • Northwestern • Notre Dame • Penn State • Pitt • Southern Miss • Tennessee • Texas Tech

Mmm, to tell you the truth these aren't really the top teams anyway, except Tennessee and Duke.

What do you think about Lexi Bennett? While she was playing, she was one of my favorite players. But when she was announced to the Hall of Honor, the first thought in my head was, "There must be someone she played with in that time frame that is more deserving?"

What do you think about Lexi Bennett? While she was playing, she was one of my favorite players. But when she was announced to the Hall of Honor, the first thought in my head was, "There must be someone she played with in that time frame that is more deserving?"

She had some pretty stout stats during her playing career at Texas from 2009-2012. What kind of exposure did she even get in those days playing for Connie Clark? We didn’t have a lot of great teams under her. I agree with your question though.
CAREER ACCOLADES
• 2012 Easton All-America first team
• 2012 NFCA All-America second team
• 2012 Capital One Academic All-America® Division I Softball third team
• Three-time All-Big 12 First Team (2009, 2010 and 2012)
• 2012 NFCA All-Central Region First Team
• 2011 NFCA All-Central Region Second Team
• 2011 All-Big 12 Second Team
• 2011 Top 25 Finalist for USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year
• 2011 Academic All-Big 12 First Team
• Big 12 Player of the Week (April 5, 2011 & April 27, 2010)
• 2010 Academic All-Big 12 First Team
• 2009 NFCA All-Central Region First Team
• at the end of the 2012 season, she set Texas career records for batting average (.385), on-base percentage (.464), runs scored (166), hits (245), RBI (155), total bases (414) and sacrifice flies (10)

She had some pretty stout stats during her playing career at Texas from 2009-2012. What kind of exposure did she even get in those days playing for Connie Clark? We didn’t have a lot of great teams under her. I agree with your question though.
CAREER ACCOLADES
• 2012 Easton All-America first team
• 2012 NFCA All-America second team
• 2012 Capital One Academic All-America® Division I Softball third team
• Three-time All-Big 12 First Team (2009, 2010 and 2012)
• 2012 NFCA All-Central Region First Team
• 2011 NFCA All-Central Region Second Team
• 2011 All-Big 12 Second Team
• 2011 Top 25 Finalist for USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year
• 2011 Academic All-Big 12 First Team
• Big 12 Player of the Week (April 5, 2011 & April 27, 2010)
• 2010 Academic All-Big 12 First Team
• 2009 NFCA All-Central Region First Team
• at the end of the 2012 season, she set Texas career records for batting average (.385), on-base percentage (.464), runs scored (166), hits (245), RBI (155), total bases (414) and sacrifice flies (10)
Looking at her teammates in the 2010 and 2011 season, I see a few players that make me raise my eyebrows if I'm doing a 1-1 comparison in terms of value to the team:

Taylor Hoagland
Amy Hooks
Blaire Lunda
Mandy Ogle
Nadia Taylor
Taylor Thom
Brejae Washington

I'm not trying to devalue Lexi, but you look at these other players and wonder why not Blaire or Nadia or Brejae or Taylor?

Well not going to Puerto Vallarta this year either. In fact this is a very weak group of teams except for Okie lite and Florida State in the 4 team tournament.

For anyone at the game we need some feedback and updates with highlights on how we look! Please!!
For the Orange-White volleyball scrimmage that they had before the start of the season, I took my tripod and a used iPhone and recorded the game, uploaded it to YouTube and then let the rabid fans on VolleyTalk watch a non-televised, glorified scrimmage. Only to have a few volley-Karens contact me and tell me that "I'm close to the team and I know they don't appreciate that". i.e. a game of all Texas players would provide our opponents plenty of film to study. Not that winning the last two NCs would be enough, but an Orange White game.

I may or may not record one of the games Saturday. Depends if there are any softball-Karens out there.

For the Orange-White volleyball scrimmage that they had before the start of the season, I took my tripod and a used iPhone and recorded the game, uploaded it to YouTube and then let the rabid fans on VolleyTalk watch a non-televised, glorified scrimmage. Only to have a few volley-Karens contact me and tell me that "I'm close to the team and I know they don't appreciate that". i.e. a game of all Texas players would provide our opponents plenty of film to study. Not that winning the last two NCs would be enough, but an Orange White game.

I may or may not record one of the games Saturday. Depends if there are any softball-Karens out there.
Boo Volleyball - Karens.
Boo Softball - Karens.

Please record if you can! If you make the video private on YouTube and give access to those who want to watch and not complain then that would save you from the Karens lol

Man. Frozen out of the big 4 national tournaments. I know Mike isn't a favorite with the AVCA coaches, but to have a team that came in second last year not invited to any big tournament?

Do you think it was one of:
1. Texas wasn't invited
2. Texas was invited, but declined?

Are we being blackballed?

I just took a 5 minute video course how to tweet. I will attempt provide updates after each half inning. I am the worst with social media. Grant me leniency. I have a X or Twitter account but I just use it just to get high school sport scores since those are harder to find.

I hope this will help some folks out.

Longhorn Softball 2024 Fall Season Gm 1 vs. St. Edwards Hilltoppers
#longhornsoftball #stedwardssoftball #texaslonghorhsoftball #ncaasoftball

Ok.. my X post are bombing. Got lost. Not surprised. So using this site. Mac Morgan pitching. Batter 1 stuck out. Batter2 stuck out. Batter3 walked. Batter 4 - single to 3-mia Scott error. Runners at 1&2. Batter 5 out at 1b.
Texas softball is giving a pretty good report of running events on X.

I messed up my x posts. I will upload bottom 3 to this gm1 end later today. Final score was 5-1. Longhorns looked rusty. I accidentally blocked you then lost some of the softball titles ( oh boy)
Gm1. Mac Morgan pitched first 3 innings. Simpson pitched 1.5 innings & Salmon finished the game to the top of the 7th.

I recorded first game. Currently juggling recording between computer and YouTube. It'll take 4-6 hours.

It was too hot to stay for the second game, my spare iPhone entered low battery warning anyway.
Game2. Longhorns- McClellan.
Inning 1. Teagan pitching.
Batter1 stuck out.
Batter 2. Stuck out.
Batter 3. Stuck out.
Longhorns batting.
1. Ashley- safe. Hit up the middle. SS threw to 1b.
2. Scott- fly out CF.
3. Martinez- fly out LG.
4. Atwood- single LF. Runner at 1b & 2b.
5. Stewart- fly out SS.

Inning 2. Mclcc at bat.
1. Out. Liner to 3b.
2. Stuck out.
3. Stuck out.
Longhorns.
1. Mitchell- liner to LF. Safe.
2. Goode- grounder to LF. Safe
3. Hunter- liner to CF. Safe at 1b. Mitchell scored. Goode at 3b.
4. Henry- walk. Bases loaded.
5. Maloney- liner over SS. Goode and Hunter. score. 3-0.
6. Scott- (Henry steals 3b). Liner to CF. Henry scored. 4-0.
7. Martinez- (wild pitch. Runners at 3rd&2nd). Fly out to LF. Runner at 3b tagged up. 5-0.
8. Atwood. Home run! 7-0.
9. Stewart- fly to cf. safe at 1b.
10. Mitchell- hit to pitcher. Out at 1b.
11. Goode- fly out to RF.

Batter1 stuck out.
Batter 2. Stuck out.
Batter 3. Stuck out.
Longhorns batting.
2. Scott- fly out CF.
3. Martinez- fly out LG.
5. Stewart- fly out SS.

Inning 2. Mclcc at bat.
1. Out. Liner to 3b.
2. Stuck out.
3. Stuck out.
Longhorns.
7. Martinez- (wild pitch. Runners at 3rd&2nd). Fly out to LF. Runner at 3b tagged up. 5-0.
((( battery about dead)))
Batter1 stuck out.
Batter 2. Stuck out.
Batter 3. Stuck out.
Longhorns batting.
2. Scott- fly out CF.
3. Martinez- fly out LG.
5. Stewart- fly out SS.

Inning 2. Mclcc at bat.
1. Out. Liner to 3b.
2. Stuck out.
3. Stuck out.
Longhorns.

Inning 3. Mclcc batting.
1. Hit single to CF.
2. Stuck out.
3. Fly out to 3b.
4. Stuck out

Longhorns.
1. Hunter- liner to LF. Safe.
2. Henry- Home run! Over RF. 9-0.
3. Maloney- walk.
4. Scott- nice liner to RF. Double. Runners at 2&3rd.
5. Martinez- grounder to CF. 10-0.
6. Atwood. Walk. Bases loaded.
7. Stewart- fly to LF. Dropped. 11-0.
8. Mitchell- fly cf. . 12-0.
9. Goode - fly out to cf. tag up. 14-0.
10. Henry- single. 15-0.

((( battery about dead)))
Batter1 stuck out.
Batter 2. Stuck out.
Batter 3. Stuck out.
Longhorns batting.
2. Scott- fly out CF.
3. Martinez- fly out LG.
5. Stewart- fly out SS.

Inning 2. Mclcc at bat.
1. Out. Liner to 3b.
2. Stuck out.
3. Stuck out.
Longhorns.

Inning 3. Mclcc batting.
1. Hit single to CF.
2. Stuck out.
3. Fly out to 3b.
4. Stuck out

Longhorns.
1. Hunter- liner to LF. Safe.
2. Henry- Home run! Over RF. 9-0.
3. Maloney- walk.
4. Scott- nice liner to RF. Double. Runners at 2&3rd.
5. Martinez- grounder to CF. 10-0.
6. Atwood. Walk. Bases loaded.
7. Stewart- fly to LF. Dropped. 11-0.
8. Mitchell- fly cf. . 12-0.
9. Goode - fly out to cf. tag up. 14-0.
10. Henry- single. 15-0.
20-0. Bottom 4th. & still batting. 1 out.

There is a new walk on. Rachel Wells? I think that was her name. #00. Correction 19-0 but Lien Bister just hit Grand Sam! 24-0. Batter at 14%. Finally MCLCC batting top of the 5th. This should be it.
I saw a player with a 00 jersey, but no name. I thought "Wow, a last minute transfer in?" Then, on the texassports roster listing, there is one player with no picture, Rachel Wells.

Google tells me:
1. Committed to play for Delaware State: https://www.scoutu.com/2021/02/06/wells-called-to-d1-delaware-state-university/ But never listed on their rosters or recorded stats.
2. Google them says that she was on the transfer list to go to OK-State: Dec 2022 Softball Transfer Portal Again, no stats or hits on the OSU roster.
3. She's listed as a Junior so....she must have taken a detour and not played for 2 years?

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back