2025 Softball Season

I was looking over the roster and I got confused.....Shylien Brister? Okay, Brister sounds familiar, by Shylien? Oh, duh. Shylien is Lien Brister. Okay, gotcha. And I'd forgotten about the single transfer in of Kaydee Bennett from ACU.

Did you note that under the veteran's names there was a dollar sign? And if you click the dollar sign, lo-and-behold, the ability to get your custom NIL purchase directly with the player!

For Ashton Maloney:

View attachment 10630
I can't believe Mia Scott is already a senior... Time flies during good times. Not to jump ahead next year already, but recruiting is good now with Coach White & staff.
I hope the Longhorns pick up a fifth pitcher from the portal (any class) along with Hannah Wells. Or even another freshman pitcher to keep the total of five pitchers.

oh... That $ link is very cool. I had not even clicked on the Instagram or X links until now.
I noticed the Volleyball, basketball, golf, swimming & diving rosters do not have these links "yet". :idk:
Wow! Even the Football roster... :hookem:

The gang’s all here!! Actually I count 13 of the 19 in the photo.
Recruits will probably be at the next home game!

Last edited:
A very, very specific open tryout I've never seen

I remember a few years back, OU softball had a soccer player added to their roster. She was only as a pinch runner because she was fast. The sports commentator even made a comment she confessed did not even own a softball glove. :hookem:

I remember a few years back, OU softball had a soccer player added to their roster. She was only as a pinch runner because she was fast. The sports commentator even made a comment she confessed did not even own a softball glove. :hookem:
I thought about this even more. If the legal agreement goes through and you get more scholarships for softball where there is a CAP on the roster size but all players up to that cap get a full scholarship, then no more walk-ons just for running bases. You've got to go out and recruit someone who is blazing fast, but nothing else if you're that serious about this.

A few years ago Connie Clark was hired to coach the Netherlands team in hopes of landing an Olympic slot. Didn't happen.

Yay! The 2025 schedule is out! Boo! It doesn't show up on the official Texas sports site (and isn't reflected on the calendar subscription I have for it).

So there are 8 SEC games which means 3 x 8 = 24 games.

Weird, last year in a smaller softball conference we played 9 Big12 opponents (all of them).

I was assuming we would play 10-11 conference opponents this year. Surprising and disappointing.

Yay! The 2025 schedule is out! Boo! It doesn't show up on the official Texas sports site (and isn't reflected on the calendar subscription I have for it).

So there are 8 SEC games which means 3 x 8 = 24 games.

Weird, last year in a smaller softball conference we played 9 Big12 opponents (all of them).

I was assuming we would play 10-11 conference opponents this year. Surprising and disappointing.
I believe the Feb tournament in Florida is still happening. I'm sure the Longhorns will not miss out in this tournament. :hookem:

I believe the Feb tournament in Florida is still happening. I'm sure the Longhorns will not miss out in this tournament. :hookem:
Our softball stadium seating is too small. With TN, KY & LSU coming to town, these seats will fill up early (if not already) & if you are not a Longhorn Foundation donor, you can only be added on the waitlist. :hookem:

Well, if we're not going to Clearwater, then perhaps a tournament in Mexico like a few years ago. Seems like we abruptly stopped going to any of the long-tenured tournaments in California and Arizona.

Past history

2019 - Inaugural Year, Texas participated
2020 - Texas not invited, goes to Puerto Vallarta Tournament
2021 - Cancelled due to COVID
2022 - Texas invited to Clearwater Tournament
2023 - Texas not invited to Clearwater
2024 - Texas invited to the Clearwarter Tournament
2025 - Where?

Last edited:
Well, it looks like I'm right and I'm wrong about the Clearwater Tournament. Using Google:

2024 - Hey! What's up?
2024 Longhorns did play in Feb. at Clearwater. We just don’t know where we are playing 2025 (yet).

Past history

2024 - Texas invited to the Clearwarter Tournament
2025 - Where?

I'm not understanding this "give others a chance to play" reason. Seems like any and all tournaments want the best of the best to play to draw the most eyeballs. Why would they not want the #1 or #2 team in the country to come? Who cares if its 2 or 3 years in a row. It's weird to me.

I'm not understanding this "give others a chance to play" reason. Seems like any and all tournaments want the best of the best to play to draw the most eyeballs. Why would they not want the #1 or #2 team in the country to come? Who cares if its 2 or 3 years in a row. It's weird to me.
Because one of the teams that they "give them a chance" to play when Texas isn't invited is this little team you might have hard of....called OU.

They can pack the whole tournament with big names or sprinkle some small names with big ones to give them a chance to play. Examples of small schools who have played in the tournament:

JMU
Hofstra
FAU
Utah

Texas Tech
Kansas
USF
JMU (wait! they got invited two years in a row!)
Liberty (before they got good)
South Carolina

UCF
USF
Texas Tech
Wisconsin

Anyway, it's just to give a sprinkling of big and small schools, in my opinion.

Because one of the teams that they "give them a chance" to play when Texas isn't invited is this little team you might have hard of....called OU.

They can pack the whole tournament with big names or sprinkle some small names with big ones to give them a chance to play. Examples of small schools who have played in the tournament:

JMU
Hofstra
FAU
Utah

Texas Tech
Kansas
USF
JMU (wait! they got invited two years in a row!)
Liberty (before they got good)
South Carolina

UCF
USF
Texas Tech
Wisconsin

Anyway, it's just to give a sprinkling of big and small schools, in my opinion.
Also really hard because only so many teams from each conference can go to avoid conference match ups.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back