2025 Softball Season

He just regurgitates the (unfounded) rumors he sees others posting on the RoboCoach softball message board.

Six days ago he posted there that Canady would be visiting Texas.
I’m not regurgitating anything. I don’t know what your problem is but I simply made a prediction by putting the puzzle pieces together and looks like my prediction was CORRECT and she commited to Texas Tech 10 minutes ago.

I knew Tech was in serious play based on the amount of money they are going to pay her so you need to relax.

The rumored winning NIL amount was $2.5 million.

Now you’re the one who is regurgitating information because there will never be a time in the near future a school is paying a softball player 2.5 million. She signed for 1 million with their NIL collective.

I’m not regurgitating anything. I don’t know what your problem is but I simply made a prediction by putting the puzzle pieces together and looks like my prediction was CORRECT and she commited to Texas Tech 10 minutes ago.

I knew Tech was in serious play based on the amount of money they are going to pay her so you need to relax.

Just quit acting like you have inside information. Your prediction was based on what you read on RoboCoach. "I guarantee you that . . . "

Now you’re the one who is regurgitating information because there will never be a time in the near future a school is paying a softball player 2.5 million. She signed for 1 million with their NIL collective.

From where? You must have read the rumor the same place i did.

Just quit acting like you have inside information. Your prediction was based on what you read on RoboCoach. "I guarantee you that . . . "
In what sentence did you hear me say anything about inside information?? I said “I predict she’s going to Tech”. As in MY opinion which has nothing to do with anyone else but me. You don’t like it then don’t respond or simply block me I couldn’t care less. I’m going to continue to contribute information for those who don’t go digging.

In what sentence did you hear me say anything about inside information?? I said “I predict she’s going to Tech”. As in MY opinion which has nothing to do with anyone else but me. You don’t like it then don’t respond or simply block me I couldn’t care less. I’m going to continue to contribute information
At least my information is correct. Yours is far from the truth and you repeat it on here as if you’re right.
we couldn’t have got it from the same place because your info is ridiculous and nowhere near the truth. At least mine is correct so maybe you need to change the place you find your information.

OMG Jacob you nailed it! I will never doubt you again! No doubt you saw the writing on the wall! Good job dude!

I for one was totally wrong. I never thought it was going to be about money. I thought we had everything she wanted. Especially our deep pitching room. Tech will have a very interesting locker room. All things will not be equal.

Wondering if her family has medical expenses or some similar reason to cash in. (Actually, a mil isn't that much for serious, long term health issues ...) Who on the Tech team is going to get hits and score runs? Is she expected to pitch a shutout every game? Phew.

Last edited:

I for one was totally wrong. I never thought it was going to be about money. I thought we had everything she wanted. Especially our deep pitching room. Tech will have a very interesting locker room. All things will not be equal.

Get ready for your arm to fall off in the middle of pitching your 40th game, but it will be in front of [checks notes] 500 people, so no one will notice.

A nice change of pace. What a Great ambassador for the Longhorns! Talking with some girls from her former high school, which by the way does not have a softball program! Repping the Longhorn gear as well! Ya gotta love this kid!

A nice change of pace. What a Great ambassador for the Longhorns! Talking with some girls from her former high school, which by the way does not have a softball program! Repping the Longhorn gear as well! Ya gotta love this kid!

I was curious and saw that her former HS does have a HS team?
I know she didn't play on that squad because the announcers have said more than once, "And she didn't play softball in high school"

Wondering if her family has medical expenses or some similar reason to cash in. (Actually, a mil isn't that much for serious, long term health issues ...) Who on the Tech team is going to get hits and score runs? Is she expected to pitch a shutout every game? Phew.

Wondering if this was all about the instant $$. Can't imagine her NIL opportunities to be very high in Lubbock. Maybe a local car dealership .
Certainly nothing nationally.

Wondering if this was all about the instant $$. Can't imagine her NIL opportunities to be very high in Lubbock. Maybe a local car dealership .
Maybe it was wanting to win a championship and $$ and OU went, "Uhhh, no." And Tech went, "Let me show you the money!" and that was that.

It is 100% about the money! Tech has hired a new Coach from ULL, Gerry Grassco, who is good friends with Mike White and is a winning coach. He has brought 4 of his best players over from ULL and has commitments from several good players in the transfer portal. But Tech did lose their best player, Kailey Wyckoff, to the Arkansas in the portal. There is no way this will be a very strong team to support her pitching.
I would take the money too. Very little chance of getting a big payday after college unless she gets a shoe contract or something similar.
Would not be surprised to see Tech on our schedule next season. Of course they would have to come to Texas.

It is 100% about the money! Tech has hired a new Coach from ULL, Gerry Grassco, who is good friends with Mike White and is a winning coach. He has brought 4 of his best players over from ULL and has commitments from several good players in the transfer portal. But Tech did lose their best player, Kailey Wyckoff, to the Arkansas in the portal. There is no way this will be a very strong team to support her pitching.
I would take the money too. Very little chance of getting a big payday after college unless she gets a shoe contract or something similar.
Would not be surprised to see Tech on our schedule next season. Of course they would have to come to Texas.
I imagine we will have Tech for a tournament at home this year, then maybe even make a midweek trip to the **** hole for a midweek game. So get a few more looks at NC.

Get ready for your arm to fall off in the middle of pitching your 40th game, but it will be in front of [checks notes] 500 people, so no one will notice.
I don't want any player that doesn't want to play at Texas. If money is the driving factor they can keep stepping. I hope we never get into any bidding for any player... maybe we never win a championship but I will celebrate our product just the same.:bevo:

I don't want any player that doesn't want to play at Texas. If money is the driving factor they can keep stepping. I hope we never get into any bidding for any player... maybe we never win a championship but I will celebrate our product just the same.:bevo:
Heard she has a potential NIL deal with Adidas and the Mahomes Brand, plus the #2 recruiting class this year along with #1 portal class. And she's from Topeka Kansas - Lubbock will seem like home. It'd be hard for anyone to turn a deal down like that. Good luck to her.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back