2024 Season updates

California is prime recruiting ground for us.

Will probably be even moreso with the downfall of the PAC-10/12.

California is prime recruiting ground for us.

Will probably be even moreso with the downfall of the PAC-10/12.
That private school league with the really high-end Catholic schools (Mater Dei, Serra, St John Bosco, Santa Margarita, etc.) and Orange Lutheran is like the old "Little Southwest Conference" high school district, but with regard to baseball. We need to keep cherry picking some of the top talent from that group.

Going to be cold and windy on Saturday at the Disch!

We will be bundled up. I went to the first home night game in Baltimore years ago and I thought I was going to freeze. I had layers on, a big coat, gloves, and the hot coffee and hot chocolate couldn't keep me warm.

Good article. I think coach would like to see Belyeu be more productive at the plate. He will play around with the lineup for awhile until people distinguish themselves apart from others. And even after he fine tunes his lineup, I imagine he will attempt to improve his depth with the weaker elements of the schedule for this season but develop guys for next season too. We will lose a lot of guys after this season, 7 position players at a minimum.

Wait a minute.

Jack O'Dowd is batting cleanup?

I've been carrying water for him the past 2 years in the face of his detractors. He's a pretty good overall player. But I don't think I'd have him batting 4th.

As the early season goes on, look for Nik Sanders and Gasparino to gravitate up to around the 4th and 5th spots. Big time power there. Also, we need to work Cummings into the lineup frequently--more big time power there.

I think Belyeu will be another Powell, Murph, or Skye M. -- a real high batting average player.

Ya know it just makes me sick to my stomach anytime one particular school is ranked ahead of us, in anything. I say this even admitting I’m a believer in it doesn’t matter where you start only where you finish - still gets under my skin.

05onfire1_xp-superJumbo-v2.jpg

Going forward:

Catcher - they can all bat well...

Schuessler - Really good bat; average defensively; banged up and injured; the beating of catching day-to-day may be getting to him. Fast on the basepads for a catcher, especially for a big catcher.

Galvan - Another really good bat, with the most power on the team; not particularly good defensively though. May be destined for DH, with Shoos remaining the #1 Catcher this year (when he's back from injury), and Oliver Service being the rising star in development at the Catcher position.

Powell - Good at everything, but what happens to 3B? Powell looked like a gold glove 3B man.

Oliver Purchase - Will be better defensively than Galvan and Shoos, if he's not already. Cannon for an arm. Completely unproven though. Well above average athleticism. Has a bat too. I think we work him in this year in mid-week games.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back