2024 Recruiting - WBB

We have to land a small quick guard who can defend but also attack the rim, from the portal. I’m curious about Sarah graves. We desperately need shooters. She showed her ability, that one game, that she could knock down some shots; however, we have not seen her since. I’m highly concerned with Jak’s game, too. She doesn’t appear to be “getting” it. I think this style of play may be too physical and fast for her. Just my observation.

We have to land a small quick guard who can defend but also attack the rim, from the portal. I’m curious about Sarah graves. We desperately need shooters. She showed her ability, that one game, that she could knock down some shots; however, we have not seen her since. I’m highly concerned with Jak’s game, too. She doesn’t appear to be “getting” it. I think this style of play may be too physical and fast for her. Just my observation.
I agree with needing "quick" guards who can defend, but not sure they have to be "small". The quick guards with length are at a premium though. Since Vic couldn't typically land those premium guards (prior to Texas), he chose the quickness over length even if it meant signing undersized players; he went away from that a bit at Texas, but part of that had to do with unexpected outgoing transfers (Matharu, Hunter, etc.).

Seems like we are at 15 scholarships for next season unless there is some attrition. I would agree that a quick experienced combo guard out of the transfer portal would be a priority; but, we also don't really have someone coming in who can replace Hadi Faye at Center.

Sorry, but Graves isn't likely to see the floor at Texas during tight games.

I cant remember if it was Schaefer or Aston that said you needed 2 difference makers per year to make a championship team. That list has 2 for 2024. And one ….,Chavez for 2025…..so need her plus one more. Sure hoping for Chavez.

I cant remember if it was Schaefer or Aston that said you needed 2 difference makers per year to make a championship team. That list has 2 for 2024. And one ….,Chavez for 2025…..so need her plus one more. Sure hoping for Chavez.
Don't wish to be argumentative because it is impossible to be certain before we see these kids on a college court, but Vic recently stated that the 2024 class has 3 difference makers, with Preston being another Rori. If we allow that some players do not realize their potential, then 2 for 2024 may be reasonable.

I assume you are not counting Rori because you think she'll be gone before the 2025/26 season, but we should have the results of the team's medical redshirt appeal by this summer.

The question is if Chavez is interested in a program like Texas that has a more balanced offense over an Iowa-like program that featured Clark as the focal point.

Last edited:
Going to be hard for Chavez to leave lubbock so I would think tt has the inside track there. She is a phenomenal player but not sure of her competition. From the stats she is a 1 person team.

Going to be hard for Chavez to leave lubbock so I would think tt has the inside track there. She is a phenomenal player but not sure of her competition. From the stats she is a 1 person team.
I feel the opposite... I think there is nothing in Lubbock to keep her. But I do think LSU will be a big player in her recruiting. Most know she knows how to score the ball but if she really wants to learn next level defense that playing for Coach Vic can do that for her. Our program has got to continue to win the state of Texas recruiting. We did a great job getting Justice...hope we can keep it going.:bevo:

I feel the opposite... I think there is nothing in Lubbock to keep her. But I do think LSU will be a big player in her recruiting. Most know she knows how to score the ball but if she really wants to learn next level defense that playing for Coach Vic can do that for her. Our program has got to continue to win the state of Texas recruiting. We did a great job getting Justice...hope we can keep it going.:bevo:

OU is also in Chavez’ top 10. Not too far from home and perhaps the style of play could be a draw? Would she want to join the “culture” at LSU?

OU is also in Chavez’ top 10. Not too far from home and perhaps the style of play could be a draw? Would she want to join the “culture” at LSU?
I would hope not. I have always felt good about our recruitment of Aalliyah Chavez. She has been to a lot of games in the Moody. I hope that means something.
She has been playing AAU ball with Justice for years too.:bevo:

From a career standpoint, doesn't seem like Tech would be the best choice for Chavez. She'd be a huge fish in a small pond, but at the college level she won't be able to score enough points by herself to win. And if your team doesn't win enough games to make it to the NCAA tournament, your national recognition is diminished. From a personal standpoint, if she thinks she'll be happier playing in her hometown go for it. With the transfer portal situation, she can leave anytime.

She ain't going to tech. I'm hoping Tx but I'm thinking lsu or or south carolina

She ain't going to tech. I'm hoping Tx but I'm thinking lsu or or south carolina
Would hate to see her at either of those 2 schools. Both have coaches and players that are just garbage as evidenced by the interaction this past week. And they think its just normal play. Negative! They made an *** of themselves and their schools. As DKR said, when you score act like you have been there aka show some class.

Would hate to see her at either of those 2 schools. Both have coaches and players that are just garbage as evidenced by the interaction this past week. And they think its just normal play. Negative! They made an *** of themselves and their schools. As DKR said, when you score act like you have been there aka show some class.

I've never heard of Sawn Staley as being "garbage".

I have and it’s usually by people who equate acknowledging the existence/discussion of racial issues with “race baiting”.

Im old enough to remember when race wasn't an issue. Now its trendy. Dawn Staley has grifted off it. I wouldn't call her garbage, but a grifter? Definitely. So over it. It's 2024. Not 1964. We are way past all that. We were in the 80s and 90s.

Im old enough to remember when race wasn't an issue. Now its trendy. Dawn Staley has grifted off it. I wouldn't call her garbage, but a grifter? Definitely. So over it. It's 2024. Not 1964. We are way past all that. We were in the 80s and 90s.

I hope you can back that up with examples.

You are a 2003 grad, yet you sound like an 85 year old racist. Get that sh!t out of here.

Dy = sustained this site so we could have an open “dialogue “ BUT…..when you/we “start EATING OUR OWN”….. IT’s SOOOOOO AGGIIEEE!

Vic Sscheefler LOST his Point Guard! And they Accomplished THIS!

STOP BITCHING at Each Other…..ENJOY!!

VIC and THOSE YOUNG LADIES DESERVE “OUR BEST”

Thanks Dy!

I hope you can back that up with examples.

We can take it over to the West Mall if you'd like. Unfortunately in sports, certain figures like LeBron James and Gregg Popovich and others bring political issues into the game. Staley has also.

Recent Threads

Back