2024 Recruiting - WBB

We can take it over to the West Mall if you'd like.
That's where these race comments should have been posted in the first place — not in the WBB forum.
others bring political issues into the game.
Yes they do, and if anyone wants to discuss that here, we have a place for it, and it is not this forum.

If a conversation here inspires anyone to post a political observation/opinion, go start a thread about it in the West Mall. Please and thank you.

:whiteflag:

I've been saying UConn... but I also think Duke is a possibility. Her mother is Allison Feaster who played for Harvard when they knocked off Stanford in the first round of the NCAA's way back when, and then went on to have a good pro career. That said, academics may play a part in Sarah's final decision.
I did not know that. I met Allison in Marina del Rey, CA back in like 1999 while out there for work. We were both staying at an apartment complex and I recognized her while we were both at the exercise center; she was playing for the LA Sparks at the time.

Coach Elena Lovato started "liking" a lot of tweets about 2024 Clemson signee, 5'10 SG Imari Berry out of Clarksville, Tennessee. Clemson fired head coach Amanda Butler a few days ago. One of Clemson's other signees has already re-opened her recruitment.

Berry is a McDonald's All-American who will be playing in this year's game in Houston on April 2. Believe she is a Top 20 national recruit by most of the recruiting services.

One of the recent tweets Lovato "liked":

On Instagram, Imari Berry is following both Elena Lovato and Blair Schaefer, and both are following Imari. They definitely look like new follows/followings as they show up at the top of the list; but, IG sometimes has refresh issues. Someone please confirm what you see when you get the chance.

I’ve gone over to the dark side. Went onto Instagram to check out per Moooo’s request. I do see Lovato and Schaefer near top of list of Berry. . More recently I see Coach Brooks at Virginia Tech as well as Georgia Amoore from VT. Also coach Brenda Freeze of Maryland and others. I left, went back in and Horns coaches were not near top of the list. So I’m guessing they were recent followers. I don’t know what the refresh does. Hope she’s an option for Horns. Now I retreat away from Instagram for a few more years.

On Instagram, Imari Berry is following both Elena Lovato and Blair Schaefer, and both are following Imari. They definitely look like new follows/followings as they show up at the top of the list; but, IG sometimes has refresh issues. Someone please confirm what you see when you get the chance.
Imari Berry now available

We'll see soon if we are under consideration for Imari Berry. Maybe Justice and Jordan can talk us up to her while they are in Houston preparing for the McDonald's AA game:

Scouting notes from the McD AA practices:

Justice:
Active physical forward who excels on the glass and around the paint + has spot up three-ball ability; Must match physicality and get a body on her when shots go up; Shade her right hand/left shoulder (back to basket) and stay down and between her and the rim in face up situations.. Attack in transition and in ball screens - make her prove she can move laterally with you as a guard.

Jordan:
Physical guard who excels in the slashing and pull up jumper elements of the game.. very good at drawing fouls around the rim. Primarily makes moves right to left or is a straight line driver.. Respectable catch and shoot threat, but you can help and recover and challenge the three. Defensively, she is going to get in passing lanes and pressure the ball very well.

I knew Tennessee's recruiting had fallen way off under Harper but to see only 1 player in the Top 100 committed to Tennessee (#35 G Kaniya Boyd)? Wow.

Probably knocks them out of contention for Berry considering her timeline.

I knew Tennessee's recruiting had fallen way off under Harper but to see only 1 player in the Top 100 committed to Tennessee (#35 G Kaniya Boyd)? Wow.

Probably knocks them out of contention for Berry considering her timeline.
The transfer of Rickea Jackson was the only thing that kept Tennessee and Harper relevant this year. Without her they probably don’t make the tournament. They won’t pull a player out of the portal like her this year.

The transfer of Rickea Jackson was the only thing that kept Tennessee and Harper relevant this year. Without her they probably don’t make the tournament. They won’t pull a player out of the portal like her this year.
Now that Kellie Harper has been fired, they will lose some players to the portal and gain some players from the portal, especially if some want to follow their head coach to Tennessee.

Did we not also sign 6’4” Bryanna Preston out of Georgia for this year’s class? Curious since no one has mentioned her.

Did we not also sign 6’4” Bryanna Preston out of Georgia for this year’s class? Curious since no one has mentioned her.
She's not 6'4" but a 5'9" ultra athletic PG ranked #43 by ESPN Hooplgurlz. Vic has stated that her ranking is way too low, and compared her playing style to Rori Harmon's.

Justice Carlton is looking good so far in the McDonald's AA game... and playing WITHOUT a brace. Jordan Lee hasn't gotten any touches offensively because the PG is hogging the ball. Lee did look good pushing the ball in transition though.

She's not 6'4" but a 5'9" ultra athletic PG ranked #43 by ESPN Hooplgurlz. Vic has stated that her ranking is way too low, and compared her playing style to Rori Harmon's.

Sorry, was looking at the wrong post and she is, indeed, listed as 5’9”. Most interesting is she is a PG/Strong guard so she fills a definite need. More backup for Rori.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back