2024 Recruiting - WBB

I don't get it. Any orthopedic surgeons on the Board? Many men return from this surgery in 2-3 months and are back on the court or the football field, sometimes sooner. (In these cases, it may speed recovery by sourcing the replacement ligaments from a cadaver.)

Considering the typical 12-month recovery period for women, is there that much physiology difference between the sexes? Does it simply vary greatly patient by patient?

I don't get it. Any orthopedic surgeons on the Board? Many men return from this surgery in 2-3 months and are back on the court or the football field, sometimes sooner. (In these cases, it may speed recovery by sourcing the replacement ligaments from a cadaver.)

Considering the typical 12-month recovery period for women, is there that much physiology difference between the sexes? Does it simply vary greatly patient by patient?
Not sure where you’ve seen 2-3 months for men. I took the quote below from an article about NFL players who have almost every tool conceivable available to them during rehab:
“Recovery from an ACL tear typically takes between nine and 12 months…”

Justice Carlton did more damage than just tearing the ACL... she also tore the MCL and cartilage. That's really quick to come back from but, being from Houston, that area does have some of the best medical care around. Wishing her all the best.

Not sure where you’ve seen 2-3 months for men. I took the quote below from an article about NFL players who have almost every tool conceivable available to them during rehab:
“Recovery from an ACL tear typically takes between nine and 12 months…”
Have to agree. 12 months is certainly needed.

And that's just the physical aspect of it. It takes yet more time to truly trust your body to do once more what used to come so easily.
Truth. I've been through a couple of knee surgeries myself. Learning to trust the joint again is the last piece, and it doesn't come overnight.

Jordan had a heck of a showing at the Nike Tournament of Champions, including:

“Windward scored the final 11 points in the last 1:40 in a 70-61 quarterfinal victory Tuesday against another Maryland program, Riverdale Baptist, then withstood a 43-point performance from Texas commit Jordan Lee in a 65-62 semifinal win Wednesday over St. Mary’s of Stockton.”

“Lee capped one of the most exceptional four-day stretches in tournament history with 32 points for St. Mary’s of Stockton (9-2), including 23 in the second half, in a 68-55 victory in the third-place game against Cherokee Trail from Colorado.

Lee led all athletes across seven tournament divisions at Nike TOC with 112 points, including her incredible fourth-quarter showcase Wednesday against Windward.

St. Mary’s trailed 57-35 with seven minutes remaining, before Lee scored 11 consecutive points and 23 of the Rams’ 27 in the fourth quarter, finishing with 31 in the second half.

Lee, who nearly matched her career-high 47 from last season against Oakland Tech, had a potential tying 3-pointer from the left wing with two seconds left fall just short, allowing Windward to survive the Rams’ impressive comeback.”

I try to keep track of how the incoming freshmen are doing. This was from an article a couple of weeks ago after a game between the St. Mary's Rams and the McNair Eagles. I hope it's not just wishful thinking but I get a lot of Celeste Taylor vibes from Jordan - a gritty, intense, do-everything guard.

Despite beating McNair by 65 points, it was a sloppy game for the Rams. The Eagles brought physicality all first-half and St. Mary’s head coach Alle Moreno just didn’t feel her team matching that level of intensity.

“It just wasn’t sharp enough and I know our girls had finals week coming up and thought this game would be a little stress reliever,” Moreno said. “They responded at halftime, they picked up their intensity and were much better that half.”

One player who brought it every minute she was on the court was Lee. The 5-foot-11 senior guard nearly outscored McNair dropping 32 points to lead all scorers. Her scoring was just the tip of the iceberg as she was in the front lines of the Rams' full-court press on the Eagles.

She pickpocketed any McNair guard attempting to dribble their way out of the press and turned that steal into transition points. The Texas-bound senior also led her team in rebounding snagging a team-high 10 boards.

Last edited:
I try to keep track of how the incoming freshmen are doing. This was from an article a couple of weeks ago after a game between the St. Mary's Rams and the McNair Eagles. I hope it's not just wishful thinking but I get a lot of Celeste Taylor vibes from Jordan - a gritty, intense, do-everything guard.

Despite beating McNair by 65 points, it was a sloppy game for the Rams. The Eagles brought physicality all first-half and St. Mary’s head coach Alle Moreno just didn’t feel her team matching that level of intensity.

“It just wasn’t sharp enough and I know our girls had finals week coming up and thought this game would be a little stress reliever,” Moreno said. “They responded at halftime, they picked up their intensity and were much better that half.”

One player who brought it every minute she was on the court was Lee. The 5-foot-11 senior guard nearly outscored McNair dropping 32 points to lead all scorers. Her scoring was just the tip of the iceberg as she was in the front lines of the Rams' full-court press on the Eagles.

She pickpocketed any McNair guard attempting to dribble their way out of the press and turned that steal into transition points. The Texas-bound senior also led her team in rebounding snagging a team-high 10 boards.
Wow, that's a good write-up. Thanks for sharing.

Much has been conjectured about the Justice Carlton rehab and whether it should/could shed any light on Rori's rehab and the timing of her eventual return.

I've been trying to track Justice's game-by-game progress, but the Seven Lakes game highlights are not the best. You do see her draining a few 3's, but you don't get a sense whether her complete range of motion and complete game around the basket has returned to pre-surgery form.

This MaxPreps article sheds a bit more light. Unfortunately, the author seems to forget that Justice and Madison share the same last name, but both their stat lines are impressive. I assume Justice and Madison are sisters. Anyone know?

Madison plays center for Seven Lakes, and she had the 19 points and 19 rebounds. Justice had a "season high" 7 rebounds to go with her 28 points.

Link
Dynamic duo of Madison Carlton and Justice Carlton lead Seven Lakes to victory
Recap: Seven Lakes Spartans vs. Hays Hawks
Jan 3, 2024 Game Date: Dec 28, 2023

The Seven Lakes Spartans have made a habit of sweeping their opponents off the court, having now won 12 games by 20 points or more this season. Everything went their way against Hays on Thursday as Seven Lakes made off with a 73-53 victory. The win was familiar territory for Seven Lakes who now have eight in a row.

Leading Seven Lakes to victory were Madison Carlton and Justice Carlton. Carlton dropped a double-double on 19 points and 19 rebounds, while Carlton scored 28 points along with seven rebounds. Those seven rebounds set a new season-high mark for her. Another player making a difference was Shreya Jategaonkar, who scored ten points along with five rebounds.

Seven Lakes is on a roll lately: they've won ten of their last 13 matches, which provided a nice bump to their 16-8 record this season. As for Hays, their defeat dropped their record down to 18-6.

Seven Lakes is on the road again on Friday and play against Bryan at 3:30 p.m. on December 29, 2023. Bryan will be looking to extend their current 16-game winning streak. Hays won't have much time to rest: their next matchup is against United South at 2:00 p.m. on December 29, 2023.

So Justice returned to the court in December, and apparently is playing very well. This is about 19 weeks after surgery with what appears to be more serious ligament damage than Rori suffered. It makes me think that so much of this is patient specific, both in terms of the rehab timing and the patients' dedication to a rehab regimen. The quality of the surgeon must also play a role. (I would love to know if the replacement ligaments were sourced from a cadaver, because this can also speed recovery.)

Speculation that Rori should take next year off with a medical redshirt seems crazy to me. Especially knowing that Rori is Rori; no one would be more dedicated to do whatever necessary to rejoin the team in the fall.

Last edited:
I don’t know why, but I keep thinking back to when Sydney Colson (A&M guard) had an ACL injury in the summer of 2008. She was back playing with the team by December of that year. It was the quickest “recovery” I’d ever seen by a player.

Not sure what a quick recovery takes. Is it physical genes, is it mental, etc… Anyway I found this article about her.
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/columns/story?columnist=hays_graham&id=3832671
Hays: Injury doesn't slow down A&M's Colson

You never know!!!!!

Much has been conjectured about the Justice Carlton rehab and whether it should/could shed any light on Rori's rehab and the timing of her eventual return.

I've been trying to track Justice's game-by-game progress, but the Seven Lakes game highlights are not the best. You do see her draining a few 3's, but you don't get a sense whether her complete range of motion and complete game around the basket has returned to pre-surgery form.

This MaxPreps article sheds a bit more light. Unfortunately, the author seems to forget that Justice and Madison share the same last name, but both their stat lines are impressive. I assume Justice and Madison are sisters. Anyone know?

Madison plays center for Seven Lakes, and she had the 19 points and 19 rebounds. Justice had a "season high" 7 rebounds to go with her 28 points.

Link
Dynamic duo of Madison Carlton and Justice Carlton lead Seven Lakes to victory
Recap: Seven Lakes Spartans vs. Hays Hawks
Jan 3, 2024 Game Date: Dec 28, 2023

The Seven Lakes Spartans have made a habit of sweeping their opponents off the court, having now won 12 games by 20 points or more this season. Everything went their way against Hays on Thursday as Seven Lakes made off with a 73-53 victory. The win was familiar territory for Seven Lakes who now have eight in a row.

Leading Seven Lakes to victory were Madison Carlton and Justice Carlton. Carlton dropped a double-double on 19 points and 19 rebounds, while Carlton scored 28 points along with seven rebounds. Those seven rebounds set a new season-high mark for her. Another player making a difference was Shreya Jategaonkar, who scored ten points along with five rebounds.

Seven Lakes is on a roll lately: they've won ten of their last 13 matches, which provided a nice bump to their 16-8 record this season. As for Hays, their defeat dropped their record down to 18-6.

Seven Lakes is on the road again on Friday and play against Bryan at 3:30 p.m. on December 29, 2023. Bryan will be looking to extend their current 16-game winning streak. Hays won't have much time to rest: their next matchup is against United South at 2:00 p.m. on December 29, 2023.

So Justice returned to the court in December, and apparently is playing very well. This is about 19 weeks after surgery with what appears to be more serious ligament damage than Rori suffered. It makes me think that so much of this is patient specific, both in terms of the rehab timing and the patients' dedication to a rehab regimen. The quality of the surgeon must also play a role. (I would love to know if the replacement ligaments were sourced from a cadaver, because this can also speed recovery.)

Speculation that Rori should take next year off with a medical redshirt seems crazy to me. Especially knowing that Rori is Rori; no one would be more dedicated to do whatever necessary to rejoin the team in the fall.
The speculation that Rori might consider taking the year off was IF the "one-year rule" held true for her.

I don’t know why, but I keep thinking back to when Sydney Colson (A&M guard) had an ACL injury in the summer of 2008. She was back playing with the team by December of that year. It was the quickest “recovery” I’d ever seen by a player.

Not sure what a quick recovery takes. Is it physical genes, is it mental, etc… Anyway I found this article about her.
Hays: Injury doesn't slow down A&M's Colson

You never know!!!!!
Yes Madison is a Freshman and Justice's little sister Sr 2027. Below article:
It Runs in the Family.

Madison had 18 and Justice 10 in a 25 point win Tuesday night against Katy. Madison is a sophomore. Not sure about her size but looking at a few photos, she is similar to Justice. Probably still growing. Justice certainly is just getting back in basketball shape. Not sure about Madison as a recruit but she certainly has the family genes. And family coaching chops.

Madison is listed as a power forward so similar to Justice. 2026 class. Rankings too early to have meaning. See one where top 10 in country and another 108 in state. Plays for CyFair Elite program so there’s that. Interesting to see if she is a Texas recruit. Can’t believe she wouldn’t want to play with Justice.

A dolla……I’m too lazy to look up the origination of that cheer. I’m sure someone on this board will remind.

Recent Threads

Back