2024 Recruiting - WBB

Blair's recent Instagram story includes vid clips of Bryanna Preston hooping.

Vic's recent Instagram story is of him celebrating in the lockerroom (after a game last season, most likely). Guessing the celebration is for having received good news (about Preston committing?).
I'm seeing that too. If it works out, then this is a really nice class heading into the SEC.

With Preston’s commitment, my mind is resting much easier about the future of the PG position. Also, I doubt this heavily impacts Chavez’s perspective on the Longhorns. She’s very much an alpha and could easily stay on the court as the 2 when Preston is on the floor, allowing her to focus on scoring and less on facilitating.

I watched Bryanna highlight video on you tube, and I was was impressed. She seems to have good cross ove dribble, step back jump shot, a good finish at the basket, and a reliable 3 point shot. And, according to the highlight video, she makes 100% of her shots. Of course , I'm sure she doesn't shoot that well, but it does look like she may be under ranked.

I watched Bryanna highlight video on you tube, and I was was impressed. She seems to have good cross ove dribble, step back jump shot, a good finish at the basket, and a reliable 3 point shot. And, according to the highlight video, she makes 100% of her shots. Of course , I'm sure she doesn't shoot that well, but it does look like she may be under ranked.
I agree her upside may be much higher than her rank. Those rankings can be quite subjective (and even political) based on a player's AAU affiliation.

Bottom line is this team needs someone (besides Rori) who can run the offense at the PG spot. Aside from being able to do that, Preston brings speed and athleticism (which are attributes you can't necessarily teach). I'm not sure she's a pure or natural shooter, but if she can beat her defender down the court and slash her way to the basket, she'll get her chances to score. On the defensive side, she's got the height to defend tall guards, and (it appears) the quickness to guard speedy guards.

I think she brings lots of attributes which we currently don't have with the guards on our 2024-25 roster. Being able to play both guard spots and even some small forward in a small lineup gives her opportunities to contribute if she can play defense like Vic demands.

She sure picked schools that are as far away from San Antonio as can be . . .
Would love to know if TX offered. I don't think so because she posted every school over the last 2 years that offered her and TX wasn't one of them. I don't remember a UCONN offer. Maybe that was recent.

Would love to know if TX offered. I don't think so because she posted every school over the last 2 years that offered her and TX wasn't one of them. I don't remember a UCONN offer. Maybe that was recent.
Not sure what position she wants to be developed at in college, but if that's the "4" then it makes sense there's no connection with Texas. She would've had to be developed as a "5" for us IMO. Wishing her the best and hoping she chooses the right school for her. I think she has the potential to be a good player at the next level.

I'm thinking we might be done for the 2024 recruiting class unless any of three seniors want to come back for their fifth season. I love Gaston and Holle, but Faye is the one I'd like to see come back (and probably the least likely) as true Centers are hard to come by.

2024: Preston, Carlton, Lee

2023: Maul, Boutilier, Booker

2022: Codio, Ndjakalenga, Muhammad, Herron

2021: Harmon, Moore

2020 (all our 5th year seniors eligible to return): Gaston, Holle, Faye

I was going to complain about having to post IG Reels as links rather than embedding as media but I can't even do that this morning for Bryanna's highlights from the recent Wootten 150 camp. Everytime I hit "Post", I get a server error. :mad:

I was going to complain about having to post IG Reels as links rather than embedding as media but I can't even do that this morning for Bryanna's highlights from the recent Wootten 150 camp. Everytime I hit "Post", I get a server error. :mad:
Thanks for trying!

I'm thinking we might be done for the 2024 recruiting class unless any of three seniors want to come back for their fifth season. I love Gaston and Holle, but Faye is the one I'd like to see come back (and probably the least likely) as true Centers are hard to come by.

2024: Preston, Carlton, Lee

2023: Maul, Boutilier, Booker

2022: Codio, Ndjakalenga, Muhammad, Herron

2021: Harmon, Moore

2020 (all our 5th year seniors eligible to return): Gaston, Holle, Faye
Update: Vic said in his presser last week that he thought everyone would be back for next season except Shaylee, who would be out of eligibility. Obviously, there's a lot of time before those decisions get made, but if he ends up being correct, we would walk into the SEC with a very nice, experienced, roster.

Just 5 days from the early signing day and the Longhorns currently have ESPN's top-rated 2024 class. I doubt they finish at #1 but Vic should be able to collect his 2nd Top 5 finish since taking over in Austin.

No. 1 Texas Longhorns
Highest ranked commit: F Justice Carlton (No. 7)

Carlton is an active and aggressive forward on the glass, who is also comfortable putting the ball on the floor and creating in the face-up game or pushing the ball full court after defensive rebounds. She is able to stretch the floor on the offensive end because she is a threat in catch-and-shoot three-point opportunities. Her knack on the defensive end for getting her hands on the ball in passing lanes and using her physicality for an advantage makes her a tough matchup on both ends.

No. 8 Jordan Lee has a reputation for being a lock-down perimeter defender. Over the last couple of seasons, she has shown a steady improvement on the offense end -- particularly in the areas of creating her own shot and a higher percentage 3.

Texas will turn to point guard Bryanna Preston, the No. 43 recruit in the 2023 class, in the backcourt. She is a quick guard who excels in defensive ball pressure, pushing the ball in the fast break while also breaking down defenses off the dribble and creating for teammates.

This is a very complementary class for the style of Coach Vic Schaefer and the Texas program. They all play with a defensive prowess and have a requisite physical toughness for their conference move to the SEC next season.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back