2024 Recruiting - WBB

During yesterday's Southern game the announcers showed each of the 3 player that signed their LOI with Texas and said, "And the #1 recruiting class for 2024!"

Wait, what?

I went to hoopgurlz (yeah, I know it's unreliable compared to other services) and they used to have rankings of signings. i.e. which school was #1, #2, etc.....

For those of you in the know, did Texas sign a #1 class?

Also noted from hoopgurlz 2024 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN
that the top 3 haven't committed or signed? Is that what makes Texas #1, technically by points for our top 100 signees?

During yesterday's Southern game the announcers showed each of the 3 player that signed their LOI with Texas and said, "And the #1 recruiting class for 2024!"

Wait, what?

I went to hoopgurlz (yeah, I know it's unreliable compared to other services) and they used to have rankings of signings. i.e. which school was #1, #2, etc.....

For those of you in the know, did Texas sign a #1 class?

Also noted from hoopgurlz 2024 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN
that the top 3 haven't committed or signed? Is that what makes Texas #1, technically by points for our top 100 signees?
ESPN released their current class rankings a week ago and yes, it is based on the commitments at the time. I don’t think Texas ends up with the top ranked class but they should definitely be in the Top 5.

Women's college basketball recruiting: The early top 10 classes

Recruiting class "superlatives" - neither of these should be surprising.

Rebounders
Rebounding is a want-to action. Rebounders have to be able to read the ball off the rim, physically be able to battle to snatch the ball, and it has to be important to them. Rebounding is a championship level requirement. Here are some of the players who control the glass.

Justice Carlton | Texas recruit
6-2 | F | Seven Lakes H.S. (TX)

Defensive impact

Players that take a particular pride on the defensive end stand out in how they play the game. They are in stance, they communicate, they are disciplined, and they carry themselves in a competitive manner. It can be ball pressure or a presence in the passing lanes. It can be navigating actions to stay attached to a shooter or it can be roaming the paint to protect the rim. These players leave an imprint on the game even when their team does not have the ball.

Jordan Lee | Texas recruit
6-0 | G | Saint Mary's H.S. (CA)

WCBB recruiting class updates and high school superlatives from best shooters to defensive impact

Recruiting class "superlatives" - neither of these should be surprising.

Rebounders
Rebounding is a want-to action. Rebounders have to be able to read the ball off the rim, physically be able to battle to snatch the ball, and it has to be important to them. Rebounding is a championship level requirement. Here are some of the players who control the glass.

Justice Carlton | Texas recruit
6-2 | F | Seven Lakes H.S. (TX)

Defensive impact

Players that take a particular pride on the defensive end stand out in how they play the game. They are in stance, they communicate, they are disciplined, and they carry themselves in a competitive manner. It can be ball pressure or a presence in the passing lanes. It can be navigating actions to stay attached to a shooter or it can be roaming the paint to protect the rim. These players leave an imprint on the game even when their team does not have the ball.

Jordan Lee | Texas recruit
6-0 | G | Saint Mary's H.S. (CA)

WCBB recruiting class updates and high school superlatives from best shooters to defensive impact
Talk about recruiting to a fit!

Vic's whole approach will be interesting to observe over the next couple of years. He's getting exactly what he wants (consecutive, strong, defensive classes), so he needs to prove this formula will get Texas to the Final Four.

Last edited:
I was excited about Amina's potential last year and it was fun to see her perform in this game. As Vic mentioned, he has a lot of options at 3/4. Fun problem to have!

Torn ACL in July, surgery in early August and back on the floor in December? Color me very nervous…

Not a criticism. But I find it interesting that Vic is a coach who takes on players who are injured in HS and will require 1 or 2 years to be able to show results on the court. Must have a very careful plan of who can contribute immediately and who will be available later in the pipeline. i.e Abbie Boutilier

Five from the (upcoming) SEC

#2 South Carolina
#4 Texas
#10 Florida
#12 Georgia
#21 Oklahoma

Miss State considered. Noticeably absent LSU & Tennessee (perhaps no available scholarships I don’t know. Portal?)

Baylor at #22 in Big 12 (with Colorado, West Virginia & BYU considered) No Arizona or Utah in Top 25 list

Vic recruits for fit. Looks like he did well here. Would Justice Carlton potentially be able to step in the way Booker has this year? Did we only have 3 scholarships available?

Vic recruits for fit. Looks like he did well here. Would Justice Carlton potentially be able to step in the way Booker has this year? Did we only have 3 scholarships available?
I don't wanna see Justice this year until her knee is 100%. I know she said she wants to return next month but I hope she doesn't rush back too soon.

Last edited:
Good on Abii. I’ve threatened before to go see her play. Since she “may” be a possible Horn and we live close….I’m recommitted to scout her.

Adhel Tac from South Grsnd Prairie who recently committed to South Carolina is out for the year. Tore her ACL and the second season ending knee injury in a row.

If the word that Carlton plans on coming back in December is true, she sure needs to pay attention to Tac situation.

Adhel Tac from South Grsnd Prairie who recently committed to South Carolina is out for the year. Tore her ACL and the second season ending knee injury in a row.
Man I hate to hear that. Really wishing her a speedy recovery.

If the word that Carlton plans on coming back in December is true, she sure needs to pay attention to Tac situation.
We are Texas. I am confident our medical team will give her the best advice and she will make the right decision for her playing future. :bevo:

We are Texas. I am confident our medical team will give her the best advice and she will make the right decision for her playing future. :bevo:
I’m positive our medical staff will but the problem is the staff in her hometown that are telling her it’s okay to return in December.

Updated information on Tac. It wasn’t an ACL or MCL tear….but something else. Still season ending.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back