2024 Recruiting - Football

They just lost DL Nolan.
Don’t know about Nolan’s character but from a caliber of player standpoint, this would be a huge get for Texas, sufficiently plugging one of the holes we will have next year. I wonder if he is mad enough by their not retaining Robinson to stick it to them and come over to a real program.

Don’t know about Nolan’s character but from a caliber of player standpoint, this would be a huge get for Texas, sufficiently plugging one of the holes we will have next year. I wonder if he is mad enough by their not retaining Robinson to stick it to them and come over to a real program.
Didnt watch any ag football this year but I am enjoying the yearly meltdown over there. If he can help and he is not a locker room cancer, come on over.

Nolan seems to be a no go right now. Either too expensive or he isn't interested in Texas. Ive heard similar with Evan Stewart regarding NIL cost to get him.

Nolan seems to be a no go right now. Either too expensive or he isn't interested in Texas. Ive heard similar with Evan Stewart regarding NIL cost to get him.
Can’t fix stupid - move along. I’ve seen this in so many contracts/opportunities.

My opinion, dont mess with the culture. Worlds greatest player, with poor cultural fit is a no go. Instant gratification is a potent opiate. Can anybody question Sark’s plan? An immediate 1 year upgrade to deflate player development buy in is a net loss, long term. We have some studs in the queue. Look back at previous recruiting analysis. It is easy to forget. Sweatt came in as a 275#, 3* recruit and he is now a Heismann long shot. Should be Outland winner. Keep the young, developing players motivated and maturing is crucial. By mid year they may equal some cinch fill in players.

Well worse than getting paid big money it sounds like they were promised big money and it may not have come through.

That’s too bad. Would love to have them but if it’s cost prohibitive then the best thing for us is to move on. I really wonder how long this NIL thing can sustain itself at the dollars we keep hearing. These are all from private donations, correct? I just wonder how long these big money boosters are going to continue shelling out millions each year. Even the richest guys have a limit.

That’s too bad. Would love to have them but if it’s cost prohibitive then the best thing for us is to move on. I really wonder how long this NIL thing can sustain itself at the dollars we keep hearing. These are all from private donations, correct? I just wonder how long these big money boosters are going to continue shelling out millions each year. Even the richest guys have a limit.
The NFL will not draft a player until three years out of HS. Be assured that is not driven by their desire to see kids get their college education. They have better sense than to piss away $$$$ for unproven talent. Wash out on some dumb booster’s dime.

Scruggs at 247 says he's feeling "really good" about Texas' chances of flipping S Xavier Filsaime.

He doesn't believe anything will happen before his official visit, but the "stars are starting to align."

Sark and Coach Gideon are scheduled to go in-home with S Xavier Filsaime on Thursday.

Also, Filsaime's mother will be in Austin for the official visit.

Viper,

HELP! Please!

How do go from a 4.42 forty to an 11.1/11.2 hundred?
Sabre, I can’t speak for Viper but in my high school days I would hit 4.35 for forty yards but would run out of extra gas on the 100 meters and only do 11’s plus on a good day.
For me, it was short bursts of great speed then top end would fall off after 80 yards or so.
So it is possible.:smile1:

Sabre, I can’t speak for Viper but in my high school days I would hit 4.35 for forty yards but would run out of extra gas on the 100 meters and only do 11’s plus on a good day.
For me, it was short bursts of great speed then top end would fall off after 80 yards or so.
So it is possible.:smile1:
I understand totally. I could do 4.35 in the 1st 20 yards, but my gears seemed to jam & I was never able to break the 8 second barrier for the 40.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back