2024 Recruiting - Football

Hoping last nights dominance will get a few more flips to Texas. Still have hopes for an elite lb since we are losing 3 this year.

Not expecting anything to occur in direct relation to the game. However Filsaime, Carter. and DL' Hibbler and Foster have been flirting for some time and all are possible flips.

RB Jerrick Gibson attended the Florida game last night after being in Austin on Friday.

They're hinting that he's still comparing the two depth chart situations, especially with several of Texas' RBs being productive and Brooks likely to return.

Jerrick Gibson, IMG Academy, Running Back

I hope he noticed Florida's O-line. I watched the last ten minutes or so and FSU was looking like the Purple People Eaters. The announcers said something like, "The Gators will have to hit the portal hard to fix this mess."

RB Jerrick Gibson attended the Florida game last night after being in Austin on Friday.

They're hinting that he's still comparing the two depth chart situations, especially with several of Texas' RBs being productive and Brooks likely to return.

Jerrick Gibson, IMG Academy, Running Back
We are about to run into a serious logjam at RB. With the current OL and the players in Austin and maturing steadily, these guys will open holes. And there are some very good ones. Several sure starters. We have Baker coming in and he is a Kevin Banks knock off. Baxter will be great if he can get/stay healthy. Brooks is awesome and going to NFL hurt is nuts. Blue has speed to burn. Red and Wisner have excellent acceleration given an opening. First RB at UF is a chance to get mauled. Competition for playing time nearly turned Brooks head late this past summer. Kids that can see through the freshman glamour and compete will be rewarded. If they deserve to be. I would hate to lose Gibson but it could happen. Damned fine problem to have. I remember when we needed Roshon to try RB so we had a couple!

We are about to run into a serious logjam at RB. With the current OL and the players in Austin and maturing steadily, these guys will open holes. And there are some very good ones. Several sure starters. We have Baker coming in and he is a Kevin Banks knock off. Baxter will be great if he can get/stay healthy. Brooks is awesome and going to NFL hurt is nuts. Blue has speed to burn. Red and Wisner have excellent acceleration given an opening. First RB at UF is a chance to get mauled. Competition for playing time nearly turned Brooks head late this past summer. Kids that can see through the freshman glamour and compete will be rewarded. If they deserve to be. I would hate to lose Gibson but it could happen. Damned fine problem to have. I remember when we needed Roshon to try RB so we had a couple!

Look for Redd and Blue in the portal after the season.

There's some talk of '25 rb Jordan Davison reclassyfing to '24.

Jordon Davison, Mater Dei, Running Back

Colorado just lost their '24 and '25 QB commitments in two days.

As one who likes to ask difficult questions and make comments which are unpopular, primarily on IG, I am not surprised by this. I feel strongly, Coach Prime needs to lay out his plan beyond his sons (to include Travis Hunter) playing at Colorado.

I see a world where he walks away after they are gone. I feel this way based on Deion’s perceived disengagement after the team came off the rails. Once they started losing, there were no red carpet roll outs and the Stars stopped coming.

Earlier in the season, after losing a Tackle on offense he was asked about the back up player by name and he did not know who the kid was.

It’s Daddy Ball on a world class level and I don’t see it lasting after next season.

As one who likes to ask difficult questions and make comments which are unpopular, primarily on IG, I am not surprised by this. I feel strongly, Coach Prime needs to lay out his plan beyond his sons (to include Travis Hunter) playing at Colorado.

I see a world where he walks away after they are gone. I feel this way based on Deion’s perceived disengagement after the team came off the rails. Once they started losing, there were no red carpet roll outs and the Stars stopped coming.

Earlier in the season, after losing a Tackle on offense he was asked about the back up player by name and he did not know who the kid was.

It’s Daddy Ball on a world class level and I don’t see it lasting after next season.

It was the same thing as Lavar. The only thing compelling about this whole circus is the embrace by so many of arrogance and cockinesss. Why was this so lauded and admired? We heard things like, "What about me tells you that I would care about your opinion of me?" It was an unhinged display of teenage like nouveau ability to curse and mock others. Not impressed.

Last edited:
For real? I hope he makes the best decision for himself, and I’m hopeful it’s the Horns!!

All signs still point Tx
Also his brother who is at oki lite is going to announce he is transferring out....to Tx for his GT year...
They wanted to announce together

Last edited:
upload_2023-11-27_15-26-14.png

Look for Redd and Blue in the portal after the season.
Both of these guys are extremely talented. They are strong to the hole and Red is Big and like a bull; Blue has jets on his feet once he finds daylight. I will grieve deeply if we lose either one. Especially since Brooks has a major knee injury and Baxter has been somewhat gimpy all year.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back