2024 Recruiting - Football

upload_2023-11-12_20-58-18.png

Texas passed up A&M in both the 247 and On3 recruiting rankings tonight with the Mack commitment.

What a fitting day to do so.

IT saying the staff is expecting another flip, and they were told there would be two flips coming before Mack's commitment yesterday.

With Jimbo out, what do y'all think that means for McKinley and Bussey? Were we close enough to them for this to have an impact?

This was before the official announcement of Jimbo being fired
Not expecting anything in regards to Bussey.

This was before the official announcement of Jimbo being fired

I don't understand throwing 100% into an interim coach that very likely could not even be there when you step onto campus. I do get that he would be your position coach and prob was very involved in the recruitment but if he isn't retained as head coach chances are the new coach would bring in his own DL coach.

"Never choose a school because of the coach because chances are he won't be there as long as you are". - OA Phillips to Steve Worster when Bum was recruiting Woo to go to Third Ward.

"Never choose a school because of the coach because chances are he won't be there as long as you are". - OA Phillips to Steve Worster when Bum was recruiting Woo to go to Third Ward.

I believe, in most if not all cases, that it is the initial process of reducing school to a manageable number. After that it is relationships with players, Coaches, and of course NIL.

I don't understand throwing 100% into an interim coach that very likely could not even be there when you step onto campus. I do get that he would be your position coach and prob was very involved in the recruitment but if he isn't retained as head coach chances are the new coach would bring in his own DL coach.
The comment by McKinley is predictable, and understandable. In fact, if I was one of his parents, I would prep him to expect questions, and to respond in this fashion. That doesn’t mean that in a week or two or three, he won’t change his mind. Simply, for now, it takes him out of the spotlight.

TFB had an update on CB Kobe Black today, and it sounds like there will be an announcement within two weeks, at which time he would shut his recruitment down during the early signing period.

They added Texas is supposed to get another commitment around the same time - and it's not someone completely on the radar - but they can't confirm an exact date.

Timing suggests it's Black's brother, Korie, with the portal opening on 12/4, but something to keep in mind regardless.
For those unaware ,Korie has been at oki state and will be a grad transfer.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back