2024 Recruiting - Football

Sabre, I can’t speak for Viper but in my high school days I would hit 4.35 for forty yards but would run out of extra gas on the 100 meters and only do 11’s plus on a good day.
For me, it was short bursts of great speed then top end would fall off after 80 yards or so.
So it is possible.:smile1:
All those extra breaths slow ya down.

Sure looks heavy. Seems like Blue is a superstar in making with just 2 games of caries. He has lights out speed, maybe even faster that Jonathan Brooks but for sure way faster than Baxter. Very happy to see him producing on the field!!!
I meant thick in a good way as in strong. I’m sure he’s not as fast as Blue (who I really like) but it’s not always about speed. Emmit Smith was not fast but he could make you miss and was strong enough to run up the middle and break arm tackles :hookem:

upload_2023-12-7_20-31-56.png

I am confused by the desire to add WR's from the portal. Seems like we have quite a pipeline in place and 3 2024 committed as well.
While it’s true, the players on campus and those coming don’t have the experience that a high-quality portal player would bring. Players like Cook are arguably one year away.

Psyche of current and coming WRs bears being mindful. Worthy was quite serviceable as a true freshman. Wingo is awesome and Nibblet is coming on well.

While it’s true, the players on campus and those coming don’t have the experience that a high-quality portal player would bring. Players like Cook are arguably one year away.
This could be the reason there wasn't an emphasis on Wells.

Psyche of current and coming WRs bears being mindful. Worthy was quite serviceable as a true freshman. Wingo is awesome and Nibblet is coming on well.

4 WR's leaving. Our WR room is going to be very inexperienced. Talanted but inexperienced. The whole plan was to look for 2 WR's in the portal. We may go with 3 after all.
Have not heard anything about Nibblet " coming on ".

Last edited:
This one was pretty quiet. Last week, Butler had a home visit with Texas WR coach Chris Jackson. He is a Colorado de commit.

:It was a great home visit and my family really likes coach Jackson a lot,” Butler said. “We’ve been talking a lot more in recent weeks and then home visit was a chance to meet in person and get some clarity on the situation there.

“They have a lot of young receivers already but coach Jackson wants to bring in one more ’24 and I would be that guy. Coach Sark was planning on bringing in two guys from the portal. So we’re just waiting on that situation to see if they go with one portal and one high school player or two portals.”

Four-Star WR Aaron Butler backs off commitment to Colorado, opens up recruitment

Our WR room is going to be very inexperienced. Talanted but inexperienced. The whole plan was to look for 2 WR's in the portal. We may go with 3 after all.
How do inexperienced players gain experience? By constantly being displaced on the depth chart by portal transfers?

How do inexperienced players gain experience? By constantly being displaced on the depth chart by portal transfers?
This is a reasonable concern. I think we have a one year pipeline problem. Worthy, Mitchell, Whittington and Sanders are almost certainly all gone, and Cain and Nayor are portaling. That leaves only Cook with any experience, and it’s very limited at that. If we don’t go to the portal, we will have a serious deficit in talent at the position in 24. I don’t see a choice.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back