2024 Recruiting - Football

According to IT, there continues to be positive communication with OL Brandon Baker since his official to Austin last weekend, and there's some growing confidence on Texas' side of things.

The interesting note is Baker saying he doesn't have any plans to visit Oregon again before a decision, but he will head to Georgia this weekend.

One person commented "it sounds like Texas is running a close second," and Hamilton responded he wasn't so sure about that hinting Texas may have pulled ahead.

Brandon Baker, Mater Dei, Offensive Tackle

As it stands today, we are on 1 kid in the top 100 (2024) and its at 94. Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU and even ou are in on a lot of the top 100 kids. If we do not improve that scenario that does not bode well for Texas. You cannot be dominant without some presence in that top 100.

image.png.ef0fa90fb367747457e547e6678ec0b1.png

As it stands today, we are on 1 kid in the top 100 (2024) and its at 94. Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU and even ou are in on a lot of the top 100 kids. If we do not improve that scenario that does not bode well for Texas. You cannot be dominant without some presence in that top 100.

This weekend will be the BIG weekend. 9 Top 100 players will be on campus.

Great news! He will be a great fit....wonder about Gibson!!!

I hate that it appears Hudson is not coming to Texas!! Dad went to TT so that may be a factor. Need a bunch of big time commits!!

Great news! He will be a great fit....wonder about Gibson!!!

I hate that it appears Hudson is not coming to Texas!! Dad went to TT so that may be a factor. Need a bunch of big time commits!!

For anyone who is wondering or forgot, IT reiterated that Texas wants two RBs.

The Clark commitment does not affect their pursuit of RB Jerrick Gibson.

Nor does it affect Gibson .
Cedric Baxter will be Gibson's host this weekend.

This weekend will be the BIG weekend. 9 Top 100 players will be on campus.

I hope its a productive weekend but what I stated is based off the 247 top 100 in 2024. I know we have a massive weekend coming but none of the top 100 in the nation reflect Texas with the 1 exception I noted. Perhaps we have some "silent" or "leaning" that have not been updated and I do hope so. Christian Clark that just committed is like #284 nationally. Bijon was a top 10 if I recall so other than the state, its not apples to apples. Perhaps he comes in here and lights the world on fire which I would love. History shows that getting numerous kids off the top 100 list is a priority to be left standing at the end.

Hate to lose this kid. It could be a stacked WR class without him, but he would have been a great addition.
Two things. #1. His dad went to tech. #2 they sold him on being #1 receiver.
We can't help #1 and not selling him on being #1.
Insiders are saying hide and watch..His recruitment will play out like Hill's recruitment last year. We won't be giving up.

Two things. #1. His dad went to tech. #2 they sold him on being #1 receiver.
We can't help #1 and not selling him on being #1.
Insiders are saying hide and watch..His recruitment will play out like Hill's recruitment last year. We won't be giving up.

Thanks cnb .. always appreciate your insight !

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back