2024 Recruiting - Football

Here's hoping that during his time at UT, Ced wins a couple of Doaks, Heisman, a few Conference crowns, a Natty or 2, a Grammy, American Idol, AGT & The Voice.
I like the confidence. If you can’t perform in front of a crowd, you don’t belong at Texas.

Quote from OL Brandon Baker after his official visit to Texas (IT):

“Really feels like a home away from home, honestly,” Baker said. “I have a lot of family here. My dad has a lot of family here. It feels really comfortable here. The only thing I would say is tough to get used to is the weather.”

Brandon Baker, Mater Dei, Offensive Tackle

1687117176153-png.353828

Quote from OL Brandon Baker after his official visit to Texas (IT):

“Really feels like a home away from home, honestly,” Baker said. “I have a lot of family here. My dad has a lot of family here. It feels really comfortable here. The only thing I would say is tough to get used to is the weather.”

Brandon Baker, Mater Dei, Offensive Tackle
Perfect weather in LA vs Austin TX heat wave.

Christian Clark of Phoenix, AZ tells IT about his official visit to Texas:

“It was a lot of fun being able to spend more time with (Tashard) Choice and (Steve Sarkisian),” Clark told Inside Texas’ Gerry Hamilton. “They’re just great all-around people. I know my mom really liked them and my dad really liked them. It was just a great time all around.”

“She (Clark's mother) just knew Austin was a beautiful city,” Clark said. “She knew the platform it has. Texas, everybody loves it out in Austin. I think that’s just really what got her interested in the first place.”

“We’ve (Clark and Bijan) been talking sometimes,” Clark said. “He’s been telling me, of course, to go to Texas. Just seeing how they used him in the offense, how Coach Choice used them, and how he went #8 in the draft.”

“Just the history of the whole program, history of backs and Heisman winners, the rich tradition,” Clark said.

“I could do a lot,” Clark said of Choice’s message. “I’m a different back. I could be used in the pass game and run game. Really, very similar to Bijan’s run style. He showed me Bijan’s film and my film together. It’s crazy.”

“Coach Choice is always going to keep it real,” Clark said of Brooks’ intel. “Great things about him. Great things about Coach Sark and the brotherhood of the whole team and the running back room, how close they are.”

“Ced’s (Baxter) been here for a few months and he already loves everything about it,” Clark said.

“Just trying to get through these visits then sit down with my family and have a talk about what’s next,” Clark said.

Christian Clark, Mountain Pointe, Running Back

Myles Davis of Converse Judson said his official commitment date is August 25th, but he plans on making a silent commitment pretty soon.

He's scheduled to see A&M next weekend.

Myles Davis, Judson, Safety

Wiltfong at 247 just put in a Texas pick for Davis.

He mentioned this weekend took the lead from USC.

DT Malik Blocton of Pike Road, AL discusses his official visit to Texas with 247.

The plan right now is to make a commitment on July 8th between Auburn and Texas.

“It was amazing,” the Pike Road (Ala.) standout told Horns247. “It was amazing.”

“Texas, since January, Coach (Bo) Davis has been recruiting me real hard,” Blocton said. “I was just not going to look at Texas, but then when he told me that he was losing four guys this coming up year, and that he needs four more guys out of my class, it made me really take a deeper look at Texas. I could have the chance to come in play early.”

“The way Coach Davis said he was going to play me,” Blocton said. “He wasn’t going to let me stay at one position the whole game. He’s going to let me move around and play a lot of positions.”

“It’s definitely Coach Davis (DL coach he's closest with),” he replied.

“He (Sark) was just telling me that he really wanted me and that he can see me playing here,” Blocton said. “He was telling me about the culture behind Texas, the Red River Showdown, all that stuff.”

“I was just asking him (Alfred Collins) how Coach Davis coached,” Blocton said. “Because I know he was going to be nice to me, like since I’m being recruited and he wants me here. I asked him how he was on a day-to-day basis. He said he’s a tough coach, but he’s fun to be around. He’s going to expect a lot out of you, but he’s going to invest a lot into you.”

“It’s (distance from home) not a big deal at all,” he said. “My brother used to play at Kansas. She (my mom) used to drive to all his games. That was 12 hours away, too.”

“I was just asking him (Alfred Collins) how Coach Davis coached,” Blocton said. “Because I know he was going to be nice to me, like since I’m being recruited and he wants me here. I asked him how he was on a day-to-day basis. He said he’s a tough coach, but he’s fun to be around. He’s going to expect a lot out of you, but he’s going to invest a lot into you.”

Apparently this recruit hasn’t heard the legend of Mofo Bo.

Quotes from DE Danny Okoye of Tulsa, OK (247):

“Man, it was great,” Okoye told Horns247. “Great experience. I’m still having flashbacks from all the awesome stuff that went on."

“Just interacting with the staff, talking with folks, hanging out with the players. Just seeing the family that they’ve built, really, and the potential they have coming into this next season and going on.”

“They’re trying to add me as a Buck,” Okoye said. “They just want to use every aspect of my athletic capabilities and all the potential that I have and build me not just as player, but as also as a human being. They want to form a relationship with me so that once I do start playing, maybe, the connection will already be there.”

"I like him (David Gbenda) a lot,” Okoye said. “We were really bonding. He was really informative and answered all my questions in great detail. Talking about like the daily schedule, what’s practice like, what it’s like on campus, what they do to relax and have fun, and what they do when it’s time for business. It was a really informative trip. It gave me a lot to think about.”

“I’m probably going to do it mid-fall, like probably October to November,” Okoye said of his commitment timeline. “Then I’ll sign in December and enroll in January.”

Just really the way I fit and the way I connect with the players and coaches,” he said. “They’re all down-to-earth people. It’s an electric atmosphere I can really tap into and appreciate.”

“They definitely moved up on the charts after this weekend,” Okoye said. “I’m not going to say where to, but they’re definitely up there now.”

Quotes from DE Danny Okoye of Tulsa, OK (247):

“Man, it was great,” Okoye told Horns247. “Great experience. I’m still having flashbacks from all the awesome stuff that went on."

“Just interacting with the staff, talking with folks, hanging out with the players. Just seeing the family that they’ve built, really, and the potential they have coming into this next season and going on.”

“They’re trying to add me as a Buck,” Okoye said. “They just want to use every aspect of my athletic capabilities and all the potential that I have and build me not just as player, but as also as a human being. They want to form a relationship with me so that once I do start playing, maybe, the connection will already be there.”

"I like him (David Gbenda) a lot,” Okoye said. “We were really bonding. He was really informative and answered all my questions in great detail. Talking about like the daily schedule, what’s practice like, what it’s like on campus, what they do to relax and have fun, and what they do when it’s time for business. It was a really informative trip. It gave me a lot to think about.”

“I’m probably going to do it mid-fall, like probably October to November,” Okoye said of his commitment timeline. “Then I’ll sign in December and enroll in January.”

Just really the way I fit and the way I connect with the players and coaches,” he said. “They’re all down-to-earth people. It’s an electric atmosphere I can really tap into and appreciate.”

“They definitely moved up on the charts after this weekend,” Okoye said. “I’m not going to say where to, but they’re definitely up there now.”

IT mentioned Okoye's mother was not on the visit, and doesn't plan on attending any officials with him.

She's going to visit a campus once he feels good about where he wants to commit.

On LB Tyanthony Smith of Jasper....Spiegelman at On3 put in a USC crystal ball for him after his official visit to LA this weekend.

247 also believes USC is the current leader.

He will be in Austin in a few days for his official visit.

Tyanthony Smith, Jasper, Linebacker

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back