2024 Recruiting - Football

IT mentioned in their Monday write-up that this class is likely to be bigger than originally thought.

They won't be turning down any of their top DB targets and Dubose told them WR numbers will be a little higher.

An interesting note on five-star OL Brandon Baker of Santa Ana, CA from IT.

He said he doesn't have any plans to visit Oregon before making a decision, and they were the perceived leader before his official visit to Texas.

The Horns feel they have a legit shot, and even a little bit of confidence.

He will see Georgia this weekend.

Brandon Baker, Mater Dei, Offensive Tackle

Thank Poms, that'swhat I recalled but just couldn't make myself research. Should be a very good weekend wwith some solid commits!!

247 got quotes from OL Brandon Baker after his Texas official:

“It was a good visit, it was good to be there and get a better feel for the staff and the players on the team,” Baker said. “I like everyone there, it’s a good group of guys and they really made me feel comfortable."

“You know coach Sark is a West Coast and he’s really easy to talk with and get along with. All the players really like him a lot and he’s always been open and honest with me. He shows a lot of love and feels I would be a great fit as a player and as a person in the program.”

“We have a good relationship, I like how he’s recruiting me,” Baker said. “We talk a couple of times a week and that’s how I like it. I don’t need to be texted or called every day, that would be a little too much."

“When I talk with coach Flood, it means something. He’s a really good coach and he’s building a really strong offensive line. He thinks they’re putting something special together and he really wants me to be a part of that.”

I met him (Payton Kirkland) on my unofficial visit and we hit it off really well,” Baker said. “He’s a laid back guy like me and I enjoyed being around him and the other offensive linemen on the team."

“I really like the vibe in Austin. It’s different than out here, it’s relaxing and pretty chill and I like where Texas is going as a program. They’re headed to the SEC and this a huge stage. They’re recruiting at a high level and the coaches feel all the pieces are there to build a championship team and I have real interest in them for sure.”

“That’s (a commitment timeline) still up in the air,” Baker said. “It could be anytime between August and December, I really don’t know right now. I’ve gone back and forth so I’m just going to play things out and see what happens."

“I’m excited for the visit to Georgia and I loved my other trips there. It’s a great school with a great staff and they’re on top of college football right now.”

“I don’t have a leader right now though, I really don’t. I know a lot of people are saying Oregon but honestly, I’m still open to all the schools on my list and it’s going to be a really tough decision for me.”

Brandon Baker, Mater Dei, Offensive Tackle

IT saying S Joshua Lair of Fort Bend Marshall will not take his Washington official visit this weekend.

They mentioned his visit to Austin went extremely well, and his family signed off on him eventually committing to the Horns if that's his choice.

He was able to have multiple conversations with Sark and Coach Gideon, and it's looking like a July decision with August being the latest.

Joshua Lair, Fort Bend Marshall, Safety

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back