2024 Recruiting - Football

image.png.5be011ac8afe04c3e9f378c23d0594d3.png

Brandon Baker, Mater Dei, Offensive Tackle

Update on DL Melvin Hills III of Lafayette, LA after visiting Austin last weekend (247):

“The visit itself was great man, it was great, the stuff they did for us was awesome, the coaches were awesome, we all just had a fun time and it was never a dull moment.”

“This was most definitely my top visit so far in my opinion.”

“Me and coach Davis have been locked in for months now so he’s definitely at the top of the list for my best relationships.”

“We went over the opportunities for me and the different positions that I would play, like what he sees me at and what he sees he can do with my potential.”

“Coach Davis and I can just chill and talk about anything football-related, but not only football and taking care of business but regular conversations too.“

"I met with coach Sark for a long time the last time I was at Texas so this time it was a lot more laid back and not as long, just a cool little meeting and we talked about everything like how the visit went, how my family has been, and then we just started having regular conversations.”

“It was really great, I think Byron (Murphy) and I are a lot alike, he goes out but most of the time he stays in and he’s a chill person to be around, he has a great personality and it was funny— when we were walking around campus everybody kept saying I look like him, I talk like him, and I’m built like him.”

“It’s cool how they got a lot of people from Louisiana over there now and it was great to be with them and ask them how it was being in Austin now and they all said just great things.”

https://247sports.com/Player/Melvin-Hills-46134520

well, if he likes the school, the culture, the coaching staff, and if we'll take him as a wr (suits me) then we dont have to make up ground.

He is all but committed to tcu.
Not sure how much " offense" we can promise him.
He is not a take as a pure wr.

Hard to imagine anyone wasting away in Lubbock. Never underestimate Joey Maguire as he was an exceptional high school coach and also was on Arandas staff. He has some serious cred in the high school coach ranks so thats a plus for him but still, its lubbock.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back