2024 GOP Primary

"The new draft party platform, which still must get approval from the full Republican National Committee, came after the Trump campaign made a quiet push to keep those seen as too socially conservative off the platform committee out of concern that they would make a vocal push for things like a federal abortion ban, which has consistently been unpopular in public polling."
But meanwhile, the draft Texas GOP party platform is adding a provision for death by stoning for adulteresses--only the women, of course...

:rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1:

Oh yeah, and another provision for the confiscation and burning all copies of Catcher in the Rye.

Trump is frustrating the liberal media by keeping quiet. The DNC talking point is that the election is not Trump vs Biden, but Trump vs democracy. The more he keeps quiet, the more Biden’s ineptness is public discussion. Chicago will be fun to watch.

Seems Chicago is a bad luck city for democrats to hold their conventions. Yeah, they re-nominated Slick Willie in 1996, but '68 was a complete shitshow, and this year doesn't look to be much better.

Aside from the border issues, Trump has never been a big cultural conservative. He just doesn't care much about all that. At his core, he's a Manhattan/Wall Street money-minded merchant, and a self-promoting opportunist. He'll say whatever he needs to say at the moment to get himself ahead.

Aside from the border issues, Trump has never been a big cultural conservative. He just doesn't care much about all that. At his core, he's a Manhattan/Wall Street money-minded merchant, and a self-promoting opportunist. He'll say whatever he needs to say at the moment to get himself ahead.

Of course he's not a cultural conservative. Do you think Eric, Don, Jr, and Ivanka are splitting the inheritance an extra way just because Dad forgot to pull out of Stormy? Hell no. That baby is getting aborted, and if it doesn't, it's getting the Navy Joan Roberts treatment.

Latest polling. Note 2 things: NC not even a battleground state and Trump only needs GA and PA (leading +5) for 270.

Attachments

• IMG_9230.jpeg
    IMG_9230.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 36
We didn't like Trump for his morals. We liked him for things such as

• Neil M. Gorsuch, Associate Justice
  • Brett M. Kavanaugh, Associate Justice
  • Amy Coney Barrett, Associate Justice

We didn't like Trump for his morals. We liked him for things such as

• Neil M. Gorsuch, Associate Justice
  • Brett M. Kavanaugh, Associate Justice
  • Amy Coney Barrett, Associate Justice

I really like him for Gorsuch. I kind of feebly like him for the other two.

I really like him for Gorsuch.

Even Gorsuch butchered the Civil Rights Act to apply to homosexuality and gender identity. For whatever reason, it doesn't piss off the Right as much as Roberts' opinion upholding Obamacare, but it's actually a much less defensible and more damaging ruling.

He's generally good but certainly not perfect.

Cool thing is that if they get rid of Biden there isn't anybody besides M. Obama that can possibly beat him. Even then starting with Wisconsin being a lock for Trump she would have issues.

MC, I still don't understand how you can say this when some polls show biden ahead. I read the comments on MSM publications often and most of the comments read, "I'd vote for a dead biden over Trump". There's still 4 mos and anything can happen.

This is getting zero media coverage. If it happened at a Biden event, we'd hear all kinds of talk about right wing violence.

I will never underestimate the Republicans ability to blow a lead, so I'll stay wary. I still can't get over the "red wave" flop.
I also think choosing JD Vance for VP will hurt Trump. Vance is ultra-MAGA, and did not perform well in his own state.
I'm not thrilled about any of his 3 favorites. I would love to see a woman chosen, as females are the least likely to vote Trump. Kamala and Biden put aside their vicious debates and campaigns. I think Nikki Haley would be a boon to the ticket.

I also like Glen Youngkin. He looks the part, has done some good things for the Commonwealth of Virginia, and would be a tough candidate to run against Newsome.
A J. D. Vance wouldn't have a chance, in my opinion. He is too young and inexperienced.

Also, to be fair, I felt the same way about voting for Hillary as people do voting for Trump. But, Hillary wasn't a mumbling old man with dementia. I am hoping that instead of holding their noses and voting Biden, most Dems sit this one out.

Last edited:
MC, I still don't understand how you can say this when some polls show biden ahead. I read the comments on MSM publications often and most of the comments read, "I'd vote for a dead biden over Trump". There's still 4 mos and anything can happen.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back