2024 GOP Primary

Mona,
I gave him a list of things I wanted:

1) Term limitations - no more career politicians
2) Reduction in benefits for Congressmen - get you own health insurance; no retirement; limited travel expenses;
3) No "elevator" career (move up the ladder, but not up & down);
4) Must have worked in the private sector for "X" years before holding public office

He hasn't pursued any of them. The Beltway is a force field that changes every one of them when they cross it. Unfortunately, Ted is no different.

Mona,
I gave him a list of things I wanted:

1) Term limitations - no more career politicians
2) Reduction in benefits for Congressmen - get you own health insurance; no retirement; limited travel expenses;
3) No "elevator" career (move up the ladder, but not up & down);
4) Must have worked in the private sector for "X" years before holding public office

He hasn't pursued any of them. The Beltway is a force field that changes every one of them when they cross it. Unfortunately, Ted is no different.

My list of things that I want are relentless pursuit of reducing government spending and slashing government agencies. It's all that matters.

Cruz definitely should have shown up for his shifts at the Texas utility companies instead of going on his vacation.

:facepalm:

He didn't do anything wrong, but it was very bad optics. Leaders who care about people stick together with those people when catastrophes are going on. He already had a reputation of being aloof and leaving gave the public actual evidence to base that on.

Costa Rica was a lot nicer than Texas during our cold snap. I would have been willing to fly down there with the jerk. I also plan to vote for the jerk in November even though he never played in the NFL like his opponent

Same here Sabre, I’ve written him several times with either no response or a response unrelated to my requests/suggestions. I will vote for him over opponent but do not really like him.

He didn't do anything wrong, but it was very bad optics. Leaders who care about people stick together with those people when catastrophes are going on. He already had a reputation of being aloof and leaving gave the public actual evidence to base that on.
Bad optics to not very smart people. The people who will always see that as bad optics.

So, whom cares?

You can remove "Republican" as an adjective in that post. Show me a politician that gives a damn about this country and I'll show you a dead man.

Substitute the R with D after Cruz's name, and no one in the media would have noted he went on vacation when he couldn't do a damn thing about the electrical grid in Texas.

But, people are stupid and easily manipulated by the media to believe it was evil and irresponsible.

Republicans don't care about America.
Mona, I take exception to your overly-broad statement. Certainly we can identify some politicians who fit that generalization (from both parties), but to broad-brush all Republicans is a misstatement. There are many of us who vote Republican and really care about our country. I don't agree with everything in the GOP platform - but it's a lot closer to "Conservative" than the Democratic platform.
I'm at the age where I'm concerned with the mess we're leaving my grandchildren - and I want them to appreciate our country.

Mona, I take exception to your overly-broad statement. Certainly we can identify some politicians who fit that generalization (from both parties), but to broad-brush all Republicans is a misstatement. There are many of us who vote Republican and really care about our country. I don't agree with everything in the GOP platform - but it's a lot closer to "Conservative" than the Democratic platform.
I'm at the age where I'm concerned with the mess we're leaving my grandchildren - and I want them to appreciate our country.

If you look at the context of my reply it was aimed at politicians. I stand by what I said. Republicans don't care about America. They care about Ukraine and Israel through their activity and they show their care for the Democrat Party policy platform by their passivity.

There are a few Republicans that do care about America. They are generally lumped in as America First and even many Republican voters insult them and consider them embarrassing to the party. They are called big talkers and trouble makers. They are marginalized by the GOP establishment.

Conservativism is on a 120 year losing streak and the Republican Party has been working with the Democrat Party to bring that about. The Republican voters are more conservative. The Republican Party is more conservative than the Democrats. Today, Trump is a 90s Democrat is essence but thought of as far right. No. Real conservatism has much existed for a long time.

Conservativism is on a 120 year losing streak and the Republican Party has been working with the Democrat Party to bring that about. The Republican voters are more conservative. The Republican Party is more conservative than the Democrats. Today, Trump is a 90s Democrat is essence but thought of as far right. No. Real conservatism has much existed for a long time.

However, Trump is a 90s Democrat in essence but thought of as far right. Real conservatism hasn't much existed for a long time.

If DJT will appear a bit "Presidential" (calm, cool, and collected), all that remains is to wait for Biden to blow it somewhere in the debate (which he will).
Everyone knows this. The pressure is on Biden. He is losing. Trump doesn’t have to defend anything except a few things (abortion, law cases, etc). He has much more ammo against Biden to deploy. He blew the first debate in 2020 against Biden. He did really well against Hillary in 2016.

Recent Threads

Back