2024 GOP Primary

20240114_095242.jpg

Thanks Deez. He could have announced a mass pardon and asked for names to be given to him.

One thing I don't understand about Trumpism is the narrative of loyalty. It's a criticism often levelled at Nikki Haley and Ron Desantis - that they're disloyal. Where does that come from? I see no evidence that Trump is particularly loyal compared to other politicians. He often says he'll pay someone's legal bills if they beat somebody up. Has he ever actually done that for anyone? I honestly don't know the answer. Obviously the January 6 rioters showed Trump a very zealous loyalty by putting them at risk of death (in the case of Ashley Babbitt), injury, and incarceration. There are all kinds of things he could have done for them. He could have pardoned those whose identities he knew. He could help with their legal bills. Is he doing any of that? Not that I'm aware of.

I don't like Nazi comparisons with Trumpism, because they're false and self-serving. However, one thing that is kinda similar is the idea of supreme but unearned and one-way loyalty to a man. We owe him loyalty, and he owes us nothing.

Trump held a rally in Iowa today in sub zero weather . There will lines hours before and it filled up quickly.
For some reason Nigel Forage was there?
Trump says on day one he will reverse Biden's open border policy. Anyone who doesn't think that is #1 is deluding themselves
and number 2? Drill baby Drill. Bring back our oil and gas industry.
Think those are important?
But let's concentrate on his ego and his mean tweets and look like fools for ignoring what is being done to our country

Last edited:
For some reason Nigel Forage was there?

He's close with Trump, and he's a celebrity. Not surprised to see him helping Trump out. Trump was the only candidate to endorse Brexit back in the day while Obama and Hillary endorsed Remain and told the Brits, they'd go to the "back of the queue" for any kind of trade deals with the US.

Desantis will need to reevaluate things after Iowa. If he wins, great. Keep going. If he loses a nailbiter, then it's hard to say. I'd probably drop out, because it's probably the state where he's strongest, so it'll be downhill from there. If he gets beaten badly, he needs to drop out. Though I'm a very big fan, his candidacy will be pointless if that happens. I'm not a fan of pointless candidacies.

If he does drop out, though I won't like it, he should endorse Trump over Haley. For starters, most of his supporters will back Trump anyway. They aren't "establishment" types like they're often accused of being. They're staunch conservatives who value policy over mean tweets (as opposed to Trump supporters who value mean tweets over just about everything else). In their book, Haley is too soft on policy. In addition, if he wants to run again in '28, he'll need to rebuild his relationship with Trump supporters. It's stupid because they're the ones who are foolish in this race, but he has to do it, or his career will fizzle out after he's done in Florida. They are the key to the nomination.

Though Trump will probably make Haley his running mate (since he'll need a very personable surrogate to advocate for him while he's sitting in court rather than campaigning), on the off-chance that he does ask Desantis, he should turn him down. It does him little good to latch onto that role.

??
(as opposed to Trump supporters who value mean tweets over just about everything else).
What does that even mean?
The Trump supporters I know do not like his nasty tweets and remarks but do REALLY like the state of our country during his admin>
Didn't you?

??
(as opposed to Trump supporters who value mean tweets over just about everything else).
What does that even mean?
The Trump supporters I know do not like his nasty tweets and remarks but do REALLY like the state of our country during his admin>
Didn't you?

Consider the choices in the primary. You have a guy who is better on policy but doesn't mean tweet. Rather than choose him, they're going with the guy who's worse on policy and does mean tweet. What does that tell you about their priorities?

Mr D
can you name any Trump supporters who value mean tweets over just about everything else??
BTW I know you Appreciate free opinions. Many people look at Trumps's policies and think things were pretty good under his policies>
Which policy or policies of Trump's do You think is worse than another candidate?

Consider the choices in the primary. You have a guy who is better on policy but doesn't mean tweet. Rather than choose him, they're going with the guy who's worse on policy and does mean tweet. What does that tell you about their priorities?
Priorities
1. Close the borders, never allow illegal immigrants to vote or receive federal assistance
2. Resist the One World Order
3 Abandon the UN
4 Drill for natural gas and oil. We really don’t want to go back to the Stone Age. The EU declared natural gas is a green fuel..for heavens sake!
5 Stop deficit spending
6 Spend more on the police and the military
7. Change nothing about The Constitution or Supreme Court

If one has similar priorities then there’s only one party for which to vote. I wish we had more parties but both the Democrats and Republicans have squashed that.

Last edited:
* Close the F' border
* Huge deportment of illegals
* Drill baby DRILL
* Tariff the hell out of imports, especially from China
* Ban use of the label: "Nazi" or "Facicist" for anyone opposing the Dems / Libs!
* Leave the UN and One World Order

Last edited:
As of 9:10 pm Central Time:

2024 IOWA GOP CAUCUS
PRESIDENT
upload_2024-1-15_21-12-5.png
estimates36% of votes counted
Donald Trump wins. AP race call at 7:31 p.m. on Jan. 15, 2024.
CANDIDATE VOTES PCT.
Donald Trump
GOP
22,855 53.3%

Ron DeSantis
GOP
8,601 20.0%

Nikki Haley
GOP
7,822 18.2%

Vivek Ramaswamy
GOP
3,278 7.6%

Ryan Binkley
GOP
266 0.6%

Asa Hutchinson
GOP
50 0.1%

Other
GOP
26 0.06%

Chris Christie
GOP
16 0.04%

Iowa GOP presidential caucus results

As of 9:10 pm Central Time:

2024 IOWA GOP CAUCUS
PRESIDENT
View attachment 9244estimates36% of votes counted
Donald Trump wins. AP race call at 7:31 p.m. on Jan. 15, 2024.
CANDIDATE VOTES PCT.
Donald Trump
GOP
22,855 53.3%

Ron DeSantis
GOP
8,601 20.0%

Nikki Haley
GOP
7,822 18.2%

Vivek Ramaswamy
GOP
3,278 7.6%

Ryan Binkley
GOP
266 0.6%

Asa Hutchinson
GOP
50 0.1%

Other
GOP
26 0.06%

Chris Christie
GOP
16 0.04%
Trump's crushing it, with a near tie for 2nd between DeSantis and Haley.

1. Donald Trump
53.3%

2. Ron DeSantis
20.0%

3. Nikki Haley
18.2%

4. Vivek Ramaswamy
7.6%

The Sub-Continent is representing strong in Republican Party leadership with 2 of the top 4 Presidential candidates coming from Indian ancestry.

I hope DeSantis wins 2nd in Iowa. With Vivek and Christy out, DeSantis has a shot for 2nd in New Hampshire. DeSantis needs to last through Super Tuesday.

New Hamster is a traditional primary (not a caucus). It's also a big-time union and labor state. Part New England, part "Rust Belt." Lots of has-been factory towns. Trump will likely be very strong there.

New Hamster is a traditional primary (not a caucus). It's also a big-time union and labor state. Part New England, part "Rust Belt." Lots of has-been factory towns. Trump will likely be very strong there.
Unfortunately for DeSantis, the first four contests (IA, NH, NV, and SC) are all big Trump states. You don’t get the other more populous states until Super Tuesday and the week after.

Unfortunately for DeSantis, the first four contests (IA, NH, NV, and SC) are all big Trump states. You don’t get the other more populous states until Super Tuesday and the week after.
I lived a few miles from New Hampshire 3 years ago. They are mad about the liberal’s attempts moving the South Carolina primary date.

can you name any Trump supporters who value mean tweets over just about everything else??

Yes. All of them that support him over Desantis in the primary.

Which policy or policies of Trump's do You think is worse than another candidate?

Look at his fiscal record. It is atrocious and was before COVID. Speaking of COVID, how'd you like Anthony Fauci, whom Trump gave a presidential commendation? Look at some of his statements in the last year on trans issues and abortion. He has been all over the map.

And then look at Desantis and his record. It is more conservative all the way around, and it is productive. In terms of actually getting things done, he has taken on the Left harder than any political figure in my lifetime, but he doesn't ****-talk or make fun of anybody's wife, so he's a cuck.

Priorities
1. Close the borders, never allow illegal immigrants to vote or receive federal assistance
2. Resist the One World Order
3 Abandon the UN
4 Drill for natural gas and oil. We really don’t want to go back to the Stone Age. The EU declared natural gas is a green fuel..for heavens sake!
5 Stop deficit spending
6 Spend more on the police and the military
7. Change nothing about The Constitution or Supreme Court

If one has similar priorities then there’s only one party for which to vote. I wish we had more parties but both the Democrats and Republicans have squashed that.

* Close the F' border
* Huge deportment of illegals
* Drill baby DRILL
* Tariff the hell out of imports, especially from China
* Ban use of the label: "Nazi" or "Facicist" for anyone opposing the Dems / Libs!
* Leave the UN and One World Order

You can claim those to be your priorities, but voting for Trump over Desantis doesn't reflect those priorities.

And "stop deficit spending?" Have you looked at Trump's record on fiscal policy? He increased the deficit every year of his presidency even while tax revenue was up - made Barack Obama look responsible. Why'd the deficit rise so much? Because he spent money like a 22 year old in a strip club with his dad's credit card. He has denounced entitlement reform, which is the biggest medium to long term fiscal problem in the US. He has zero credibility on fiscal policy or deficit spending.

DeSantis has a shot for 2nd in New Hampshire. DeSantis needs to last through Super Tuesday.

At least in recent polls, Haley is far ahead of Desantis in NH. In fact, Christie was ahead of Desantis, and he dropped out. Most of his supporters (who were the surviving remnants of the Northeastern moderate Republicans) will go to Haley. He's not even winning in Florida.

I hate to say it, but his window is closed for '24.

Was sad to see Ramaswamy drop out, but fiscally, it was the right move after Iowa. To put in the time he did and only get 7.x% is a kick in the nuts...

Haley getting 25ish percent is not a reflection on her...that spoke to the push by the left to jump parties to 'disrupt' things. They forgot, however, that a caucus is harder to steal...

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back