2024 GOP Primary

Give it up guys - Trump will win 2024 unless the election is cancelled:

I think she could even be a center-left Democrat Party plant.
Yes, of course. Without a doubt, all the Republican positions she has held have all been a big trick by the leftists pulling the strings.

Jesus, do you ever actually read your comments before you hit enter?

:whiteflag:

Yes, of course. Without a doubt, all the Republican positions she has held have all been a big trick by the leftists pulling the strings.

Jesus, do you ever actually read your comments before you hit enter?

:whiteflag:

Exactly. Leftists pulling the strings of the Republicans. That has been happening since the 60s at least. What were Neocons? Trotskyites. She has made some comments that are pro trans and DEI type stuff.

Give it up guys - Trump will win 2024 unless the election is cancelled:

I actually believe Shapiro's take. Biden drops out this summer, all the hunter biden investigations tying $ to Joe gets buried and forgotten by independents. Page turning time for the non hard left, right. That whole exercise just became one huge waste of effort in regards to the 2024 election

As much as I dislike moochelle and Newsome both would have a good chance of beating trump. Trump is that unlikable with independents

Last edited:
I actually believe Shapiro's take. Biden drops out this summer, all the hunter biden investigations tying $ to Joe gets buried and forgotten by independents. Page turning time for the non hard left, right. That whole exercise just became one huge waste of effort in regards to the 2024 election

As much as I dislike moochelle and Newsome both would have a good chance of beating trump. Trump is that unlikable with independents
Biden needs to run to outrun the investigations. No way he drops out.

That's one of the really ugly things in our laws. Governments will pass laws but enforce them on nobody for decades and even centuries. Then someone they don't like comes along, and suddenly, they dust that law off and throw the book at them. It's government at its worst.

Again, not a Vivek guy, but this is kinda cool.

It's amazing how well this approach works. When HEB first opened in Houston over two decades ago, most retail in the area had union shops. After the first few stores opened the unions decided to protest endlessly outside the stores.

Instead of calling cops the stores would be kind, polite and friendly to the protesters. Then when it was crazy hot, employees would bring out cold water, when it was raining they would give protesters umbrellas. Eventually all the protesters couldn't believe what HEB was doing so they all started to quit and go to work for HEB as non union employees because they were treated better as protesters than by their own companies they worked for.

Patience and kindness works.

When HEB first opened in Houston over two decades ago, most retail in the area had union shops.
The way I remember it was that the butchers/meat cutters were unionized and reasonably well-paid--that was considered a solid job back then. The stockers, checker outers, bakery girls, dude who sprays cold water on the produce, and baggers/sackers were not unionized.* But, maybe they were at some places...

*Depending where in the Greater Houston area you lived, the baggers/sackers could earn a fair-sized wad of dough in tips carrying groceries to cars (and get unsolicited phone numbers from the cougars). That was a coveted job for high school lads.

Harris County is handing out $500/month to everybody now. Houston is basically San Francisco. What a betrayal of the spirit of Sam Houston.

Aren't butchers still unionised in a lot of stores?

Depends on the grocery chain and state. Much of (if not all of) wal-mart meat cutters are unionized. Unions are obviously more common in the north east for all areas of the business.

The interesting thing about unionizing and why it's so hard in retail is that each department is considered it's own business unit. Because of that you can't unionize the entire store, just departments one at a time. If you don't have unions and treat your employees well unions are extremely hard to get a foot hold anywhere.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back