2024 GOP Primary

So who is going to police federal laws? States cannot because if they did there would be 50 different interpretations/enforcement of every federal law. Talk about forum shopping.

Before the FBI, DoJ used investigators from the Secret Service, federal marshals, other law enforcement agencies, and private detectives to enforce federal laws. However, as the federal government grew, the need arose for a permanent law enforcement agency. We could get rid of the FBI but not without a true reckoning of the scope of federal power. You can't have a federal government this big and intrusive without the FBI or some agency that basically does the same thing. Can we have a serious discussion about that in our current society? I don't think so. We don't even know what the hell a boy or a girl is anymore, and Taylor Swift is worth over $1 billion. We're not going to have an intelligent discussion in this country about anything, much less an issue that requires some nuance and literacy.

Far more realistic than getting rid of the FBI would be a political overhaul of the agency. Almost the entire senior leadership needs to be not only fired but completely out of the law enforcement business, and in the DC field office, basically everybody above the janitor level should be fired. It's a political cesspool. However, we also need to come up with a different system for prosecuting federal officials. The idea that they get prosecuted by DC officers in front of DC federal courts and with DC juries is ridiculous. It's just too partisan of a venue to be taken seriously.

Good point, Deez. Regarding the current thought of making the District a state - if the gist is that DC residents don't get fair representation, then simply make them Maryland residents. Then they can then appeal to Maryland's two senators. The initiative to make DC a state is just a ruse by the Democrats to create two more safe Senate seats.

Making them MD or VA residents would get hairy. They could appeal to their senators, but which congressional or state legislative districts would they be in when they don't formally reside at any specific address in those states?

My view is this. Nobody is required to actually be domiciled in DC. Those who work there can live in MD or VA. Even the POTUS and members of Congress are considered residents of their respective states and get to vote in those states. They aren't DC residents. If someone chooses to live in DC, that's their choice, and they can forfeit their congressional representation. (I don't have a big problem with them voting for presidential electors.)

Far more realistic than getting rid of the FBI would be a political overhaul of the agency. Almost the entire senior leadership needs to be not only fired but completely out of the law enforcement business, and in the DC field office, basically everybody above the janitor level should be fired. It's a political cesspool. However, we also need to come up with a different system for prosecuting federal officials. The idea that they get prosecuted by DC officers in front of DC federal courts and with DC juries is ridiculous. It's just too partisan of a venue to be taken seriously.
Agree but worry about ending up where we are now.

My view is this. Nobody is required to actually be domiciled in DC. Those who work there can live in MD or VA. Even the POTUS and members of Congress are considered residents of their respective states and get to vote in those states. They aren't DC residents. If someone chooses to live in DC, that's their choice, and they can forfeit their congressional representation. (I don't have a big problem with them voting for presidential electors.)
Everyone living in DC made that choice knowing the situation. If you want too vote move.

By the way, Happy New Year, y'all. Just chillin at home.

IMG_20240101_000624684~2.jpg

So who is going to police federal laws? States cannot because if they did there would be 50 different interpretations/enforcement of every federal law. Talk about forum shopping.

We need less of it all anyway. People are smart they can find a way of doing things another way without the corrupt agency that exists today.

The Hispanics that came through legally want nothing to do with the illegals or those who are helping them. This is Cuellar's problem and the reason he tries to side with the Repubs. when this issue comes up. That is good, but then he is solid lib on all other issues which is a backdoor try at keeping his job.

Cuellar isn't really a solid lib. Both as a state representative and as a member of Congress, he has mostly been business-friendly and socially moderate to center-right. I'm not sure that he could credibly pull off a party switch, but he could come close. There's a reason why he's often primaried from the left.

He's overstating his case and sounds foolish saying the polls shouldn't be released. However, it does seem implausible that young voters would have moved that far to the Right and that old voters would have moved that far to the Left. If a poll said Biden was leading in Alabama by 20 points, I don't think it would be unreasonable to question the reliability of that poll.

Cuellar isn't really a solid lib. Both as a state representative and as a member of Congress, he has mostly been business-friendly and socially moderate to center-right. I'm not sure that he could credibly pull off a party switch, but he could come close. There's a reason why he's often primaried from the left.
He seems more responsible than most of his democrat buddies, but how does he vote on major legislation? Has he voted with the Republicans? (I don't know so I am asking the question.)

RFK Jr. calls Trump ballot ban ‘un-American’ says it ‘makes us look like a banana republic’

“And as you point out, I’ve read the decision and it makes no sense to me that you can deprive an American citizen of this right to run for president without ever charging him with it, much less convicting him of insurrection,” Kennedy continued.

“He’s not even charged with a threat. Oh, you know, that seems to violate due process and it makes us look like a banana republic,” he said, adding that the attacks on Trump could backfire.

“And by the way, I think it’s going to hurt the people who are behind it. I think it turns Trump into a kind of you know, people know it’s unfair and it turns him into…you know him as a mythological figure,” he contended.

“I think it’s very, very shortsighted and it’s just wrong,” Kennedy concluded. “It’s un-American.”

He seems more responsible than most of his democrat buddies, but how does he vote on major legislation? Has he voted with the Republicans? (I don't know so I am asking the question.)

He isn't some big right winger, but he definitely votes conservative more than probably 90 percent of Democrats. Link. He is to the Democrats what Lisa Murkowski is to the Republicans. He votes with this party more often than not, but he's not a reliable vote and will break with them and sometimes on pretty partisan votes - for example.

And he's likely to shift further to the Right as time goes by. He's in a D+3 district that is trending to the GOP as Hispanics jump ship. If he doesn't move Right (or perhaps switch parties one day), he will become vulnerable in the general election.

He was drugged to the gills on something really, really strong during that speech.
Maybe the coke was his.
He'll need another multi day vacation to come down from that high.

Vivek says that the swamp exists within the Republican Party. YES. Vivek says that Nikki Haley is a way more available tool for the swamp (he says permanent state) than either Biden or Newsom. YES. This guy gets it. Maybe he is lying. I don't know. But his words hit the target.

Also Americans need to understand the reality we are living under. We don't have a democracy. We don't have a republic. We have a totalitarian managerial state. The managerial state needs to be taken apart and burned if America, the real America we all envision, is to exist in the next 10 years or so. Presidents, Reps, and Senators don't actually run the country right now, so they must use what political power they have left to deconstruct managerial state. That means mass firings and jailings for those who fight against it.

Mona
WE the people have been waiting. There probably are a few Republican pols who understand this but haven't stepped up.
I wish/hope it could happen. I fear whoever is orchestrating the destruction of America is not going to be stopped. What I wonder is why so many little people are helping.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back