2024 GOP Primary

If we weren't talking about Desantis, I'd disagree. I have little use for younger politicians nowadays. Most of them are stupid and/or don't know what their jobs are. I've heard liberals lament that their party put Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer in charge and call for younger leadership. But look at prominent Democrats under 60. Governor Jared Polis (D-CO) is a decent guy, whom the state of Colorado honestly doesn't deserve. Everybody else is a bunch of freedom-hating freaks who couldn't win a national election unless they're facing Trump, and even that wouldn't be a foregone conclusion.
You mean the same Polis that doesn't know what a woman is? The Same one trying to ban gas-powered yard gear by executive order? THAT Polis?

He needs to be gone...permanently.

You mean the same Polis that doesn't know what a woman is? The Same one trying to ban gas-powered yard gear by executive order? THAT Polis?

He needs to be gone...permanently.

My understanding is that he's transitioning state-owned and contracted yard gear to electric. He's not banning it for private citizens and businesses. It's not what I'd do, but it's not even close to being a ban. True, he doesn't know what a woman is. Outside of maybe John Bel Edwards and Andy Beshear, how many Democratic governors DO know what a woman is? You virtually aren't allowed to know what a woman is and be a Democrat.

I'm not saying I'd vote for Polis. I wouldn't. However, for a blue state Democratic governor (which is a very low standard), he's not bad.

First state owned, then …..

Again, I wouldn't do it, and I'm not comparing Polis to Ron Desantis or Greg Abbott. He's terrible compared to them. But if you compare him to Gavin Newsom, JB Pritzker, Michelle Grisham, Gretchen Whitmer, Katie Hobbs, and Kathy Hochul, he's pretty good.

This is pretty much a turnoff for me as well. Here's a simple fact of life: Anything ran by the government (like elections) where transparency isn't allowed you can bet the system is corrupt. If you aren't smart enough to figure that out you probably don't need the presidency. The attacking of Lake when you look at what we've seen come out of that case is idiotic.

F7Sz2ZcXQAABQFb

This is pretty much a turnoff for me as well. Here's a simple fact of life: Anything ran by the government (like elections) where transparency isn't allowed you can bet the system is corrupt. If you aren't smart enough to figure that out you probably don't need the presidency. The attacking of Lake when you look at what we've seen come out of that case is idiotic.

F7Sz2ZcXQAABQFb

If significant numbers of voters take this position, we may as well concede the '24 election. We're not winning with any candidate.

If significant numbers of voters take this position, we may as well concede the '24 election. We're not winning with any candidate.

This kind of thinking with other stuff by DeSantis is actually destroying his campaign. When 78% of republicans believe in election fraud it's political suicide to take this position. I'd like to see him show some gravitas toward this like he does toward the vaccines. Of course he may not really believe this since he's had a pretty effective election police force and the only one in the country of its kind.

Last edited:
This kind of thinking with other stuff by DeSantis is actually destroying his campaign. When 78% of republicans believe in election fraud it's political suicide to take this position. I'd like to see him show some gravitas toward this like he does toward the vaccines. Of course he may not really believe this since he's had a pretty effective election police force and the only one in the country of its kind.

A few points on this. First, yes he conceded that Trump lost the election, but at least in what I saw, he didn't throw Kari Lake under the bus. He stood by his campaigning with her and others and made clear that thinking the election WAS stolen is not a dealbreaker for him and defended them in a way by invoking what Democrats did after '16. He could have called her our Stacey Abrams and had all sorts of fun with her. That would have beent throwing her under the bus. He did do anything like that, even though she had badmouthed and lied about him.

Second, there's a reason why Desantis doesn't want to engage the '20 election. He knows it's impossible to verify anything at this point, which means it's an endless discussion loop, and it gives Democrats an easy segway to discuss January 6. All time dedicated to that is time that can't be dedicated to Biden's failures and Desantis's record. Discussing those things are winners in '24. Discussing '20 and January 6 are losers, and they give the Democrats a pass.

Third, Desantis is a governor of tremendous accomplishment if you're a conservative. In terms of raw accomplishment, no governor has resisted and fought the crackpot left as much as he has. He did the obvious stuff that other governors have done like sign pro-life bills, cut taxes, balance the budget, etc., but Desantis was the first governor to make going to war with the education lobby a real priority. Others have at times talked about it, but he actually did things. It should be understandable that he'd want to talk about those accomplishments. They should appeal to conservative voters.

(Contrast Desantis with (for example) our jackass Aggie former governor Rick Fairy, whom GOP voters generally like. He didn't do or even try to do jack-**** about left-wing lunacy in education and did nothing meaningful to pass school choice. Diversity administrators and identity politics study programs thrived under him. He didn't give a damn. We couldn't even keep him from giving in-state tuition to illegal immigrants and what was effectively a blank check to university administrators. Believe me, I and others tried.)

I know folks are going to poop this but Trump will win if he faces Biden. Folks in Michigan and Pennsylvania and Georgia realize they ****** up in 2020 and eager to correct their mistake. Only issue is if the dems can get Biden off the ticket.

I know folks are going to poop this but Trump will win if he faces Biden. Folks in Michigan and Pennsylvania and Georgia realize they ****** up in 2020 and eager to correct their mistake. Only issue is if the dems can get Biden off the ticket.

Even if he's in the slammer?

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back