2024 GOP Primary

Good debate. Vivek, DeSantis, Haley, Scott didn't move backwards, all others on stage can go home

Christie getting booed off the stage in a purple state, go ahead and reach for the rat poison

I was disappointed in the Republicans for Ukraine ads. Nothing against Ukraine, but I would have preferred Republicans for America, Let's Take Care of our Own First.

I wonder how many of those people in the ads, really vote Republican?

I have not watched any corporate news for almost 3 years, so I am out of the talking points loop, but I decided to watch the debate. Anyway, I am kind of a neutral conservative . Ramaswamy improved himself the most. No political experience, with the benefits and detriments that brings. Basically, a younger and more honest Trump. Trump, though, as someone who had “no experience,” actually had phenomenal experience all around the world for decades in many diverse industries, and had dealt with all sorts of political decision makers at all levels of government, local and abroad. Ramaswamy is painfully young still. Very talented, though.
I suppose VP would be a realistic next step for him, but if an anti-Trump snowball takes over in the R party, he could handle the rest of those guys on stage (as a primary candidate, and who knows, with a peculiar youth movement and Asian energy, could beat a weak Biden). Still, I do not think he has the experience to take on the swamp as an outsider, or handle foreign policy, at that age. I guess I would be willing to risk it, given the poor options, sort of like Trump, whose negatives were on the table from the beginning.

Last edited:
My impression was that Haley, Scott, Christie, and Pence should be removed from contention as early as possible. Completely wasted time listening to them toe the Republican Party line from 2010. Christie is only in the race to bash Trump anyway. With Trump not doing the debates there is no reason for him to be there. Give DeSantis the time he needs to do that.

My impression was that Haley, Scott, Christie, and Pence should be removed from contention as early as possible. Completely wasted time listening to them toe the Republican Party line from 2010. Christie is only in the race to bash Trump anyway. With Trump not doing the debates there is no reason for him to be there. Give DeSantis the time he needs to do that.
So you would leave in which ones?

I do think one of these challengers would have a chance once it was narrowed to just one of them. Perhaps like Obama ran down Hillary from behind in 2008.

VYFan
Your point about Trump having had years of experience dealing with industry anfd many times govt leaders all over the world is spot on.
It was interesting that the candidates all said they would reinstate Remain in Mexico. Trump's successful policy.
VR isn't afraid to take on tough topics. He will be someone to reckon with
But DeSantis impressed me as someone who could do the job now and that is what we need.

So you would leave in which ones?

I do think one of these challengers would have a chance once it was narrowed to just one of them. Perhaps like Obama ran down Hillary from behind in 2008.

DeSantis, Ramaswamy, ND Governor, and Trump.

I would be happy with a DeSantis/Ravaswamy ticket with Scott as part of the Cabinet. Bergum - ND Gov - might be a good choice for Ag Sec as he seems to have that background and not just someone looking to check something off on their resume.

I don't see Vivek being anyone's vp. Same for Trump, both are very wealthy and are in it to change the country. Not to take instruction from a politician

Last edited:
Damn, I'm not voting for Tim Scott in the primary, but I've never heard of anyone specifically despising him. He's about as uncontroversial as it gets.

Damn, I'm not voting for Tim Scott in the primary, but I've never heard of anyone specifically despising him. He's about as uncontroversial as it gets.

This is where I am going with him being a Cabinet Appointee. Like him, but not ready for President. Yet.

I have to wonder how much of the minority and independent vote Scott could help pull as VP? Not sure it would be enough to influence the election when they vote 90% dim.

What he does is irrelevant anyway. VP is only there as a figure and to sway a certain group of votes. Kamal certainly can't do anything but give &%$* jobs and be a figurehead for the woke.

That's why I don't like him. He doesn't move the needle on anything but he takes time away from those who do.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me realize DeSantis is the better pick. Trump really can't see who the goons are in our party unless they badmouth him.

Pence is the adult in the room.
but he has no chance. Someone on that stage might get enough votes to win the nomination, but it will not be Pence.

The weight of the indictments is going to eventually erode Trump's lead, and if he cannot get the Georgia case moved to Federal court, he is a jail-bird walking as he will get convicted in Atlanta without any testimony (the following would take about 5 minutes):
Judge: Court is in session
DA: Trump and all those who shook his hand and have been indicated are guilty
Judge: Members of the jury, the DA says they are guilty
Jury Foreman: Guilty as charged
Judge: May all of you rot in the Georgia Pen
Judge: Bailiff, please feed the kangaroos; Court is dismissed.

but he has no chance. Someone on that stage might get enough votes to win the nomination, but it will not be Pence.

The weight of the indictments is going to eventually erode Trump's lead, and if he cannot get the Georgia case moved to Federal court, he is a jail-bird walking as he will get convicted in Atlanta without any testimony (the following would take about 5 minutes):

Two things. First, if the indictments were going to hurt Trump, they'd be hurting him already, and they clearly are not, because the institutions pursuing him (Biden's DoJ and two crackpot left wing DAs) don't have any political credibility with them. I think they will badly hurt him in the general election but not in the primary. It's baffling to me that primary voters actually think a guy facing jail time can win a general election, but they obviously do (or they just don't care).

Second, I don't think the GA case is the most likely to result in a conviction. Fulton County is a Democratic stronghold, but the GOP isn't nonexistent there. It's quite plausible that a Trump supporter or two will get on the jury, and if they do, he very possibly walks. The DC case is the most likely, even though it's the second weakest case. It'll be a jury of nothing but federal employees and political hacks - all social liberals and very partisan. He has virtually no chance there unless an appellate court bails him out.

Don't put it past the Georgia DA to rig the jury pool. She already tainted the Grand Jury pool by releasing the indictment before the Grand Jury met (yes they said that was a mistake -right). My point was he cannot pardon himself in the Georgia case.

Don't put it past the Georgia DA to rig the jury pool. She already tainted the Grand Jury pool by releasing the indictment before the Grand Jury met (yes they said that was a mistake -right). My point was he cannot pardon himself in the Georgia case.

Actively screwing with the jury panel can create reversible error on appeal, and Georgia has a Republican appellate court system. The DA has to be a lot more cautious. In the DC case, there's a good chance no Republicans will even be called for jury duty simply from a lack of numbers. They don't have to screw with the panel.

Pence is probably the best at professionalism and being a good guy. He's good on policy too, but the presidential election is about 80% personality, and Pence is right there with George Kastanza. Women certainly aren't going to vote for him.

Pence kept mentioning all the good policies of the "Trump Pence "admim.
Curious, if it was so good and Trump is running who needs Pence.
I agree Pence is a good guy.

Last edited:
369712883_10231474920919499_4370256790042419000_n.jpg

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back